Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    He was slicing in that picture and not being pulled away.

Here he's actually stabbing.
    Again, here: https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Sargeras.JPG

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Ah, different picture than the one I'm thinking of from Chronicles.

To be fair, looks like he lodged the sword deeper, and that planet still appears intact in the picture.

Also, you've obviously never been an artist, otherwise you'd know about this thing called "artistic expression" and how it is often allowed that the artist can add their own personal tweaks to something. When Blizzard had that idea for a picture, you can't know if they planned the planet to look that cracked up.

Also, who knows, maybe he sat there sticking his sword in for a longer time, adding damage overall, kind of like a DoT. He barely got the sword in Azeroth before being pulled away by the other Titans.

Either way, I think you're freaking out way too much buddy. Just enjoy the art and think less about it. It's a damn video game.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    RPG is not canon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    If that picture is your example of proportions then you cant really say anything. Deathwings wingspan was pretty much same as the swords hilt width. Which you cant even see properly.
    Eeeh... nope. The sword in the cinematic is a LOT larger than Deathwing ever was. He'd look like one of those stars compared to the sword.

Don't think about this stuff too much. Deathwing's size changed so often in Cataclysm that it's jarring if you were to put them side by side.

In some quests he was the same size as Alextrasza. Then in the raid his head alone is the size of the Maelstrom's whirlpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    RPG is not canon.
    Kind of like how Tae'shalach, and Gor'shalach are Non-Can----

...Ohhhhhh...

Deleted
    Take 2 watermelons and stab one with a knife and plant a small explosive charge in the other one, see which does more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    Don't think about this stuff too much. Deathwing's size changed so often in Cataclysm that it's jarring if you were to put them side by side.

In some quests he was the same size as Alextrasza. Then in the raid his head alone is the size of the Maelstrom's whirlpool.
    This.

Deathwing in some cases was around Rangaro's size.

Then, in Dragon Soul, regular Deathwing was bigger than 2 fucking Alliance/Horde Gun-ships in Game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    Deathwing destroyed the world pillar (the very foundation of Azeroth)
    An entry wound is almost always less destructive than an exit wound
    Had he twisted the blade or sliced instead of simply stabbing, the effects would have been more catastrophic. Though I believe he was stabbing at the heart of Azeroth (Titan) and not simply trying to destroy Azeroth (Planet) so that was a better action
    This plus you gotta figure it didn't impact with his full strength, he was literally being pulled away while he was in the process of stabbing...so the strike wasn't with all of his might.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Take 2 watermelons and stab one with a knife and plant a small explosive charge in the other one, see which does more damage.
    *Cough*

Planets and Watermelon's don't work well together.

That's like comparing them to a Meteor: Throw a Pebble at a Water Melon, and it wouldn't do any damage. Yet, throw a Meteor at Earth, and you'd have the Planet getting harshly damaged. Same thing goes with the Knife, and Sargeras' Sword.

There was old Artwork of Sargeras stabbing a World, yet that World broke into Pieces.

Now, Sargeras stabs Azeroth, and that does FUCK ALL!

Yet, just because Deathwing flew around the World, that automatically makes it worse than Sargeras' Stab on Azeroth? That stab must've been at least 10x that of the Meteor which took down the Dinosaurs, yes? And that same Meteor also fucked over the Planet as well....

So, I don't see your logic, Cataclysm defending people. :/
    He didnt stab it in the artwork... he CLEAVED the planet in two.
    Overhead slice is not a stab. :P

Deleted
    *Cough*

Planets and Watermelon's don't work well together.

That's like comparing them to a Meteor: Throw a Pebble at a Water Melon, and it wouldn't do any damage. Yet, throw a Meteor at Earth, and you'd have the Planet getting harshly damaged. Same thing goes with the Knife, and Sargeras' Sword.
    You get my point retard

Also you're a shit boss

I don't think the comparison between an asteroid that killed the dinos and a sword wound are entirely appropriate because a sword stab has a very small area and large depth, whereas a meteor impact would have a small depth / large area, which means there is more dust driven into the atmosphere (dust and the associated cooling of the surface is what killed the dinos, not the impact itself).

Nonetheless, I wish Blizzard would at least nominally acknowledge the effects that such a stab would have on the planet - e.g. massive quakes all around the impact point, some amount of dust in the atmosphere, and presumably volcanos opening up all around the stab area (the rock mass that the sword drove down into the planet's crust will seek to reemerge elsewhere - most typically as a volcanic eruption). If they didn't want to create cataclysm like effects around Slithius area, they could explain it away by Kirin Tor wizards dedicating their entire power to keeping the planet stable.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Actually most meteors that hit Earth do little to no damage.
    Discounting Small Ones, I mean big ones.

:/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    You get my point retard

Also you're a shit boss
    D:

...BY MY LORD SARGERAS!

...NO SCYTHE FOR YOU THEN!

Shouldn't nothing happen when my character makes some weird hand signs and chants some odd speeches? But then magic comes out! Mighty unrealistic, if I might say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of like how Tae'shalach, and Gor'shalach are Non-Can----

...Ohhhhhh...
    Did you completely miss how Taeshalach's backstory is entirely different from the RPG? It has nothing to do with Gorshalach. RPG is non-canon by default. That image is from the RPG, thus not canon.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2018-01-09 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Did you completely miss how Taeshelach's backstory is entirely different from the RPG? It has nothing to do with Gorshalach.
    Either way though, it still exists. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    He didnt stab it in the artwork... he CLEAVED the planet in two.
    Overhead slice is not a stab. :P
    I'm not talking about the Chronicles....

https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Sargeras.JPG

(Yes, ik it took place in the RPG. However, he's still Planet Sized, that Sword is still that fucking size in the 7.3 Key Art, so it counts).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Shouldn't nothing happen when my character makes some weird hand signs and chants some odd speeches? But then magic comes out! Mighty unrealistic, if I might say.
    Imagine you doing that shit IRL:

DON'T TOUCH ME! I HAVE THE POWER OF BOTH THE PANTHEON AND THE LIGHT BY MY SIDE! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way though, it still exists. :/
    Taeshalach exists in name only. It's Aggramar's sword. That is the only thing that is canon about it. The RPG is non-canon by default. Taeshalach being the good half of Gorshalach is not canon. Sargeras keeping the evil Gorribal half of Gorshalach is not canon.

That image of Sargeras stabbing a planet is from the RPG, thus not canon.

Deleted
    Deathwing was a hammer across all of Azeroth doing damage to everywhere. The blade is a stab wound localised but every damaging to that region.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not talking about the Chronicles....

https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Sargeras.JPG

(Yes, ik it took place in the RPG. However, he's still Planet Sized, that Sword is still that fucking size in the 7.3 Key Art, so it counts).
    No. It's from the RPG. It's not canon. It doesn't count.