Yeah lots of fans want Shula to be fired, he defnitley cant keep the offense going.

Panthers still missing some receiver or OT, defense is quite good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like lots of teams need OLine, with the way they've overspent there just aren't enough good Olinemen out there. Last year's draft was supposed to be poor in that area, but afaik players taken acquitted themselves well.

Outside of his holding issues (partly because he got no help and the QBs held onto the ball for a long time or don't know what a pocket is) Bolles did decent for a rookie OT and I think he was the worst of the 1st round tackles. From what I have seen about the draft the best lineman is a guard, so will have to see how this year goes. It is basically as much of a gamble as a QB because of how the college game works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Outside of his holding issues (partly because he got no help and the QBs held onto the ball for a long time or don't know what a pocket is) Bolles did decent for a rookie OT and I think he was the worst of the 1st round tackles. From what I have seen about the draft the best lineman is a guard, so will have to see how this year goes. It is basically as much of a gamble as a QB because of how the college game works.
    There was a time when O-line was the safest bet you could make in the draft. How times change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ramczyk made the Cooks trade bearable by playing both tackle positions when starters got hurt and doing a great job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gruden's press conference was almost OTT ridiculous, the amount of hype and expectation around Oakland right now is dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    There was a time when O-line was the safest bet you could make in the draft. How times change.
    Yeah, now defensive backs and pass rushers are the safe bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Gruden's press conference was almost OTT ridiculous, the amount of hype and expectation around Oakland right now is dangerous.
    Perfect for a team in Vegas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    That rarely ends well. I hope it works out for you.

I'm hoping Oakland does well under Gruden, but if they fall flat the ensuing shitstorm should be entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    That rarely ends well. I hope it works out for you.
    If it fails, MD has to sell the team, there's no way he can afford a contract payoff.

Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    Panthers fired Mike Shula. Also, quite a few key Panthers players are gonna be in FA. I hope we can keep *some* people.
    Definitely felt like it was time to move on from Shula. When it was clicking, the Panther's O was the must fun to watch in the league for my money. Unfortunately teams have gotten better at countering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rumour is the Panthers are bringing in Norv Turner as the OC with his son as the QB's coach.

Norv has had his moments in the past, but he quit on a Vikings team last year that was dreadful under his watch. That same Vikings offense is now pretty damn good, with basically only some O-line added. I'm not seeing it working out in Carolina with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Norv retired?

Either way, the vikings started out good that season iirc, but lost all their offensive linemen and their backups pretty quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Norv had some kind of philosophical conflict in Minnesota, it was for the best that he left, for them anyway.

I'm not a big believer that he would make much of an impact, if they want Newton to succeed he is going to need stability to the offense and how do you get that hiring a coach in his mid-60s? Unless they think they'd promote said son to the position in the near future.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I like Gruden to the Raiders, just don't know about that contract.

I'm not that invested in the Raiders any more, but I liked the old Gruden Raiders, maybe I will like this team too.

10+ Year Old Account
    "BREAKING: Darrell Bevell fired as offensive coordinator of the Seattle Seahawks after seven seasons, per sources." - Rapoport

So there you have it. Finally listened to the wishes of Seahawks fans.

Honest question, what will you guys do if they now promote Tom Cable to take over?

10+ Year Old Account
    "BREAKING: Darrell Bevell fired as offensive coordinator of the Seattle Seahawks after seven seasons, per sources." - Rapoport

So there you have it. Finally listened to the wishes of Seahawks fans.
    Only covers less than half of the wishes.

If the rumors are true of who is gonna replace him, I will not be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Only covers less than half of the wishes.

If the rumors are true of who is gonna replace him, I will not be happy.
    What's the rumour? I don't really follow anything Seahawks related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the top candidate has a past connection to Washington, USC, and drunken profanity-laced public appearances.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol at Mike mitchell (Steelers safety) already saying their gonna play the Patriots again and win, shouldnt their focus be with the Jaguars first?
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Sounds like the top candidate has a past connection to Washington, USC, and drunken profanity-laced public appearances.
    Sarkesian? RIP