Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Those are all different and by no means related.
    Wrong everything is related to the primary forces of void and light, the clash of these two created every other force.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    In terms of Light and Void sure, however following what rhorle said, arcane = nature, fel, and shadow, which is not true.
    What Rhorle says is wrong as well, as others pointed out some primal forces are simply closer to either light or void on the spectrum of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I'd rather search for a weapon than search for 3 artifact relics that have the right trait foremost, right ilevel second, and the right Crucible traits third.

Yes, I'll take Weapons for 500, please. Thanks.
    Guess it`s just my memory of bad luck from previous expansions, like in wotlk where my paladin got a decent weapon 3 patches into the expansion, because of god ol` RNGesus, was stuck with some crappy weapon before that

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    Its fine, my only problem with all of this is going back to having to HOPE for a good weapon drop in raids to even be able to compete on the dps meters.... D:
    Yeah will be interesting, from the start we had some complaining the loss of weapon drops now I bet they will complain of not being lucky enough when a weapon does drop to win it..

So it will back to hoping and praying for RNG to favour you when it comes to rolling on weapons.. While the artifact system had its moments I liked it a lot as I didn't have to worry about hoping to win the roll when a weapon dropped..

Its fine, my only problem with all of this is going back to having to HOPE for a good weapon drop in raids to even be able to compete on the dps meters.... D:
    i don't think hoping for 3 good relics is any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    The problem here is that there are artifacts out there that are already seeped in ludicrously corrupting power. We have an old god dagger, we have the fangs of Sargeras' personal hound, we have all 3 of the death knight artifacts, the arms warrior sword. You really expect me to believe that a nathrezim dreadblade cannot handle the corrupting power of the fel?

As far as endings go, i think they might have outdone the ME3 ending here. Utterly god damned disappointing ending to the artifact weapons and the devs should be bloody well ashamed of it.
    That's not simply "power of fel" its blade of Sargeras himself, the most powerful weapon in the Universe, filled with power strong enough to corrupt or kill a Titan. This is the blade that destroyed full-power Aggramar with a single swing. Struck inside Azeorth with malicious intent of destruction, with no other purpose than to utterly dismantle the Azeroth Soul. The Shard of Naaru means nothing against such power. Strongest blades forged by demons, no matter how cunning and powerful, mean nothing agaisnt such power. The very forces of nature and arcane mean nothing agaisnt such power. However, with all existing sources of magic and power fueling them, the legendary weapons empowered beyong imagintion and all gathered together might be just enough to try to contain this power, and prevent if from utterly destroying Azeroth Soul.

It's the best ending for Artifacts one could hope for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

5+ Year Old Account
    An interesting note i saw brought up is that our artefact weps should've technically gotten even more powerful from this (Alert! You've gained 11002,4232310,20130,1931 artefact power!) lol.

I was expecting that ashbringer to explode or something, and then the new item in your inventory is a greyed out version that says 'remnants of the ashbringer' or some kind of fragments glued back together.

But i guess this is a good enough reason for letting us keep them in our banks and access the old mogs / keep it as a souvenir / have it as a levelling wep for a while
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In terms of keeping artifact appearances for transmog does the appearance also include the "extras" of certain artifacts like the Shadow Priest dagger audio/text randomly, the Demo Lock Skull doing the same etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why can't it? Most of the magic in WoW is Arcane. Fel, Nature, Shadow are all parts of Arcane magic. What reason do you have for thinking that Arcane magic can't damage Arcane magic?
    that's complete nonsense.

Arcane, Fel, Necromancy, Nature, Light and Shadow are 6 completely different cosmic forces and sources of magic.

you can mix them of course, like nature and arcane (astral), or shadow and arcane (fmages ebonbolt), or like that necromancy druidism we get to see in BfA drustvar, but they do not share the same magic source.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2018-01-10 at 04:52 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    The problem here is that there are artifacts out there that are already seeped in ludicrously corrupting power. We have an old god dagger, we have the fangs of Sargeras' personal hound, we have all 3 of the death knight artifacts, the arms warrior sword. You really expect me to believe that a nathrezim dreadblade cannot handle the corrupting power of the fel?

As far as endings go, i think they might have outdone the ME3 ending here. Utterly god damned disappointing ending to the artifact weapons and the devs should be bloody well ashamed of it.
    It's not about the corrupting power, it's about A power that WANTS to damage something else. Fel can still hurt Fel, Void can still hurt void. You are not absorbing it's power for later use, you are absorbing the poison, trying to contain it in your weapon, your weapon is taking the blow for azeroth, so of course it damages it.

Also, comparing it to the ME3 ending is completely dishonest. The ending o ME3 betrayed what the entire franchise is about, that's why it's a bad ending, it betrayed what the franchise set out to do. Even if you dislike the way they sendoff the artifacts, it is not even remotely comparable to the ME3 ending.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    That's not simply "power of fel" its blade of Sargeras himself, the most powerful weapon in the Universe, filled with power strong enough to corrupt or kill a Titan. This is the blade that destroyed full-power Aggramar with a single swing. Struck inside Azeorth with malicious intent of destruction, with no other purpose than to utterly dismantle the Azeroth Soul. The Shard of Naaru means nothing against such power. Strongest blades forged by demons, no matter how cunning and powerful, mean nothing agaisnt such power. The very forces of nature and arcane mean nothing agaisnt such power. However, with all existing sources of magic and power fueling them, the legendary weapons empowered beyong imagintion and all gathered together might be just enough to try to contain this power, and prevent if from utterly destroying Azeroth Soul.

It's the best ending for Artifacts one could hope for.
    I would personally enjoy it a little bit more if we used them to kill argus, kinda like we broke them in a last attempt to kill him, and it works. But this ending is satisfying enough.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Terrible decision by Blizzard. They should never have added Artifact weapons if the plan was to remove them entirely. Literally makes no sense and the way they are removing them is even worse.
    they stated that there won't be artifact weapons next expansion. so whatever excuse they thought of doesn't matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Our weapons vs a titan his weapon that is basically bigger then Azeroth. Sounds logical :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Would have made more sense instead of absorbing the power, if the artifact weapons' power were drained to neutralize Sargeras' sword.

I will enjoy being excited about getting new weapon drops. I somehow never got the same feeling about new relics.
    Last edited by TheReallyBigtuna; 2018-01-10 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    i don't think hoping for 3 good relics is any better.
    Still, there are ALOT more places to potentially get a relic, and every other boss has a chance to drop one, while good weapons are usually dropped by 1 or 2 bosses in a single raid tier, and maybe some crappy ones from some dungeons, and then you have to get it titanforged (if that still exists in BFA) and all that jazz, so i`d rather be able to get 3 relics from multiple sources, than 1 weapon from a single source

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still, there are ALOT more places to potentially get a relic, and every other boss has a chance to drop one, while good weapons are usually dropped by 1 or 2 bosses in a single raid tier, and maybe some crappy ones from some dungeons, and then you have to get it titanforged (if that still exists in BFA) and all that jazz, so i`d rather be able to get 3 relics from multiple sources, than 1 weapon from a single source
    Good point. I wonder if they'll change the way weapon drops work compared to old expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Terrible decision by Blizzard. They should never have added Artifact weapons if the plan was to remove them entirely. Literally makes no sense and the way they are removing them is even worse.
    It was the plan that artifacts don't carry over next expo from the very beginning. 2 years ago through dev talks they said they didn't intend Artifacts to carry over after Legion, only that you were getting them now. Also, keeping the artifact 'forever' kind of sucks if the content is gonna be another iteration of Legion's 'power up your artifact... again!' or worse, if they let you keep the Artifact and do nothing with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I can't wait to wield a green [Stick of the bear].