Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post
    Meh. OpenGL's been dying a slow, obonoxiously painful death for years. Still would have preferred OpenGL 4.6 + Vulkan to Metal though so more games would direct port to OS X more readily.
    I'm cool with Metal for WoW. Apple have been half-assing OpenGL support for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuno18 View Post
    1k essences for a legendary? they better up the drop rate or the quantity of the drop per week, Else it's another thing to grind... 175 to 1k, i wonder why the change tho...
    They said they are greatly increasing the drop rate too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuno18 View Post
    1k essences for a legendary? they better up the drop rate or the quantity of the drop per week, Else it's another thing to grind... 175 to 1k, i wonder why the change tho...
    Daily heroic: 5 on live, 30 on PTR
    Emissary: 4-7 live, 24-42 PTR
    M+ Cache: 20 Live, 120 PTR
    Bosses: 4-7 live, 24-42 PTR
    Daily BG: 0 live, 30 PTR

everything is about 6 times more.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    A fully populated city vs. empty city and you're not expecting a performance difference?
    I should have worded it better.
    For instance if i am in a BG such as Arathi Basin, which is a really old one...it doesn't matter if the whole group is fighting at the same flag, the performance drop is minimal, however in Dalaran it doesn't matter how populated it is atm, the loadings are long, the memory usage high and the fps drops so much...even though nothing seems to be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Daily heroic: 5 on live, 30 on PTR
    Emissary: 4-7 live, 24-42 PTR
    M+ Cache: 20 Live, 120 PTR
    Bosses: 4-7 live, 24-42 PTR
    Daily BG: 0 live, 30 PTR

everything is about 6 times more.
    Individual numbers (when only one of these is done);
    175:
    Daily hc: 35 days
    Emissary: 25-43 bags/days
    M+ cache: 9 weeks
    Bosses: 25-43 bosses

1000:
    Daily hc: 33 days
    Emissary: 24-42 bags/days
    Daily bg: 33.4 days

Weekly base:

if you do everything then you'd get, on average, 313 (old) vs 2091 (new).
    Old values would yield about 1.788 legendary a week, new values 2.091 (because of the amount added to daily bg, otherwise 1.881)

They could have just lowered the 175 a bit to get the same results but I guess, looking at their track record, bigger numbers = better ;(
    Last edited by Ricje; 2018-01-10 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricje View Post
    175:

1000:

They could have just lowered the 175 a bit to get the same results but I guess, looking at their track record, bigger numbers = better ;(
    They increased the numbers to avoid people farming it up before patch. The other alternative would've been removing them all, so I'll take the increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricje View Post
    175:

1000:

What would be a bit more friendly is to keep the 1000 essences inflation for the legendary generating token item, but keep the 50 essence requirement for the upgrade to iLV 1000 item. That would have at least made it more friendly to upgrade the ones you have already if you have a lot, but make hoarding essences now pointless for the item generating tokens in 7.3.5.

So they are increasing the amount required to buy legendaries by 6x while also simultaneously increasing the drops of the essences by 6x. I guess that's one way to prevent people from being able to buy them when the patch goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    They increased the numbers to avoid people farming it up before patch. The other alternative would've been removing them all, so I'll take the increase.
    What would be a bit more friendly is to keep the 1000 essences inflation for the legendary generating token item, but keep the 50 essence requirement for the upgrade to iLV 1000 item. That would have at least made it more friendly to upgrade the ones you have already if you have a lot, but make hoarding essences now pointless for the item generating tokens in 7.3.5.
    You guys remember the times when they'd convert currency to the lower value'd one (Valor > Justice) right? They could have done something similar here or just convert it to silver/gold like they used to with irrelevant or excessive stuff.

All this increase does is make sure people have to keep playing to get them.Its a dick movie blizzard.Its the ass end of the xpac i am sick of the grind i have been on since the start of the xpac.I would just like to get a good pair of legendaries on my alts and mess with them.Now i have to grind like crazy just to have fun hurray!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    All this increase does is make sure people have to keep playing to get them.Its a dick movie blizzard.Its the ass end of the xpac i am sick of the grind i have been on since the start of the xpac.I would just like to get a good pair of legendaries on my alts and mess with them.Now i have to grind like crazy just to have fun hurray!!!!
    Grind more for a chance to proc more fun. Blizzard will show you de wei.

no,you are just wrong,what they did was the best solution,some people who had no legendary or had all at 1000 were no longer getting essences,wile others did and could hoard,it would have been monumentaly unfair for the people who were not able to collect them to have things go live that way,people who hoarded still have an advantage but its 1/10 or 1/15 of what it would have been

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    Well...the requirements keep going up but the graphics don't improve much.
    Maybe, maybe not. I know the environments get more seamless with every expansion. The gameplay footage for some areas--like the green, hilly areas for the Alliance in BFA--look amazingly coherent. They've started having much higher poly maps for sure--making edifices/cliffs/rocks/etc. out of just the ground modeling much more often instead of just rolling hills (vanilla > just before Wrath) or inserting a lot of pre-formed rocks (WoD). The textures also have some interesting overlay meshing that isn't just fading them over one another--some textures with square tiles when placed with grass textures let the grass bleed through only the tile seems. A lot of things like that. Ability effects have also gotten much more complex, with many different layers of animated textures, stages, and props. They did a really cool demonstration of this with arcane spells during BlizzCon.

I guess it's never going to be Frostbite, but eh. I can still get lost in the environments for a while before I memorize them/start ignoring them and flying over them. My biggest peeve right now is that I hope they work on water effects again with the island theme of BFA. Add in the option for dynamic waves and stuff vs. just the (I'm guessing normal mapping?) animated texture that flows over it. We started to see some animation in "water" in WoD when Tanaan released--the fel ooze sheets animate slightly if you watch along their shorelines.

Isnt the 32bit version used by bots? It was something that bots used for some reason

Oh no! You have to actually play the game? The horror.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone help me? How do I see what shader model can my GPU do?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    Can anyone help me? How do I see what shader model can my GPU do?
    Just check your GPU model and it should be shown on any HW site. Or PM me with a model

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Just check your GPU model and it should be shown on any HW site. Or PM me with a model
    Thanks for the help offer, managed to get the answer in other thread meanwhile.

Deleted
    Meh. OpenGL's been dying a slow, obonoxiously painful death for years. Still would have preferred OpenGL 4.6 + Vulkan to Metal though so more games would direct port to OS X more readily.

Not forcing the requirements to go up for so long is why the graphics haven't improved all that much. Making massive updates to the engine is pretty difficult when it has to support tech that MS and Apple itself no longer support. That's what's changing, so going forward you'll start seeing a bit more reward for being current, such as DX12 features being brought in.

Get a new nVidia GPU such as the 1080. It runs Metal just fine and the Mac Pro's limited availability of connectors (2x 6-pin) can power most models of it. Use nVidia web drivers. Problem solved. The 2009 and later Mac Pros can run High Sierra.
    I'm limited to Mac OS El capitan on my 2009 mac pro. From what I read is that only 2010+ can run high sierra

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iindigo View Post
    What gfx card and macOS are you running? As long as you’re running Sierra/High Sierra and have a somewhat recent card, you’ll be able to use metal. If your Mac Pro is model 1,1 and is too old to run newer versions of macOS, there are ways to get around that.
    Mac Pro 4,1
    Early 2009, limited to MacOS El Capitan, Running a GTX 680 :/

stop complaining and grind them like good hamster - only to replace them with quest greens in half of year

blizzard devs are going full retard mode till very end - such a shame because this means 8.0 will be another rng fuck fest once again :/