Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranganathan View Post
    Which is so weird to me. Just take an old BC disc, cut out Outland and disable Draenei and Belfs. Done. Blizz doesn't have the old code? Funny. You can buy the discs off Amazon and eBay.
    That wouldn't be vanilla then... That'd be BC without Outland and Draenei and Belfs

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=21#post-409

In a recent post regarding Battle for Azeroth PvP systems, community manager Ythisens confirms that there is still "a whole Alpha and Beta cycle to go through" for Battle for Azeroth. This suggests that the next expansion is still in far less development than originally anticipated. Given that we haven't even had an Alpha launch yet, let alone Beta, is it likely that a high quality expansion can be even be released by 2018 at this point?
    Obviously? People don't even have Alpha invites yet, so no shit they have a whole Alpha and Beta to go through.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is so weird to me. Just take an old BC disc, cut out Outland and disable Draenei and Belfs. Done. Blizz doesn't have the old code? Funny. You can buy the discs off Amazon and eBay.
    That's not how that works, but good try.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Well, obviously not. BFA is getting released with Classic.
    lol what?
    no man, classic wow is far, far away still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by PepperjackJig View Post
    That wouldn't be vanilla then... That'd be BC without Outland and Draenei and Belfs
    Sure. So which patch specifically defines Vanilla?
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    WoW would be a great game if it weren't an MMO.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    If blizzard is smart, classic and BfA will not launch remotely close to each other. They don't want classic to mess with an expansion launch.
    They want to mess with the launch exactly because it's smart to try and alleviate the initial crowd congestion there's been at the launch of every expansion. If you need to pay to access their servers for retail and Classic will be included in that price anyhow, it'll make no difference to them and give a better launch experience for both cases if done simultaneously. Even with modern tech i doubt classic will launch without hick-ups similar to the initial wow launch many years ago. They'll have to do it this way if it's really the "vanilla" that they're talking about and at minimum it will be along with a major patch to try and stem the tide.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

In a recent post regarding Battle for Azeroth PvP systems, community manager Ythisens confirms that there is still "a whole Alpha and Beta cycle to go through" for Battle for Azeroth. This suggests that the next expansion is still in far less development than originally anticipated. Given that we haven't even had an Alpha launch yet, let alone Beta, is it likely that a high quality expansion can be even be released by 2018 at this point?
    Alpha and beta is pretty much the same thing for Blizzard. Legion stayed in "alpha" for a long time or at least they called it that so they did not have to invite everyone to play it. Whenever you call it "beta", everyone thinks they should be invited and they get pretty darn buthurt if they aren't actually invited.

But yes, we'll probably have the same 12+ months of no actual content. That thing that Watcher promised would never happen again.

Q4 of 2018 was the guess but yeah looking likely if another month passes with no public alpha/beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    BFA Q4 2018, expect classic Q2 2019 earliest
    Classic will come out during BFA's content lull.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it was common knowledge that Q3 - Q4 2018 was when to expect BFA release.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Classic will come out during BFA's content lull.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it was common knowledge that Q3 - Q4 2018 was when to expect BFA release.
    I agree with both statements, more likely Q4, Book got pushed back to June, so we're probably looking at either an October or November release, more likely to do what they did with either WoD or Legion and release right after Blizzcon or a few weeks after.

10+ Year Old Account

Just because there's still two testing stages left doesn't mean that it will take an extended period of time to come out. Don't count on Antorus or Legion as a whole to last past September.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Why is everyone taking what the Community Manager said so literal? His comment does not prove if they are in friends/family alpha or not, all this proves is BFA will be released one day ... people need to stop taking everything they said off hand so literal.
    Last edited by Raone; 2018-01-10 at 05:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I agree with both statements, more likely Q4, Book got pushed back to June, so we're probably looking at either an October or November release, more likely to do what they did with either WoD or Legion and release right after Blizzcon or a few weeks after.
    Yes I think the WoW Team have a schedule down that works for them. Xpac releases before Blizzcon in November, talk about new content at Blizzcon than when X.3 PTR comes around in June/July talk about it at Gamescom in August by that time it is close to releasing than talk about next Xpac at Blizzcon in November. Alpha/Beta in New Year (Early 20XX), than Xpac Releases in the Fall (Q3-Q4), Repeat.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2018-01-10 at 11:34 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    BfA Beta is in a galaxy far, far away ...

This does not suggest anything, he is just a CM and it is seen from the post that he is theorizing.

I am not saying BFA will release early or whatever, I am just saying that this post is completely nothing. You or me or someone else can write such a post themselves with about as much value.

Sure. So which patch specifically defines Vanilla?
    simple which ever patch it shipped on, 1.0.1 i believe that was

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I agree with this so much.

So much was broken on Live after TONS of good Beta feedback. The class changes alone were enough to really frustrate me. I kept asking myself, "Didn't they just test this shit for ten months straight? How did all of these very obvious problems survive that?"
    Anymore betas and it seems like Blizzard's are the same. Are more like public demos than anything resembling any real testing. If there it something gamebreaking it will get fixed but they always seem to be a few builds behind and half of the shit is ignored...This just reminds me of DICE and nearly every single battlefield beta where shit aside from gamebreaking bugs(and even then...) slide right on through because the devs don't care because that "beta" build is 2-3 versions old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I don't see how they can mess it up when it comes to a 2018 release to be honest. BfA doesn't exactly have many big features or Overhauls. The big stuff like level scaling and allied races will be ready for 7.3.5, what's left for them really to do beyond the standard?

Considering no testing period has ever been over 10 months and its month 1, yes. Is that a serious question?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Yes I think the WoW Team have a schedule down that works for them. Xpac releases before Blizzcon in November, talk about new content at Blizzcon than when X.3 PTR comes around in June/July talk about it at Gamescom in August by that time it is close to releasing than talk about next Xpac at Blizzcon in November. Alpha/Beta in New Year (Early 20XX), than Xpac Releases in the Fall (Q3-Q4), Repeat.
    Before Blizzcon is less likely, they would need to release 2 months before and that isn't going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    lmao what? Please give an example

Legion Ret: Largest feedback thread in all of alpha/beta, that single spec's feedback thread dwarfed the combined spec threads of some other entire classes, almost all of it was and still is ignored.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.