Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    To me (casual player somewhat following the lore) this sword did almost no damage to our planet gameplay-wise, even Legion attacked our planet only at one single continent for some reason (yes there was pre-event in which we stopped invasions all over the...old azeroth? So Legion decided to pour everything into one single place?) while rest of the world is still struggling to deal with cataclysm´aftermath.

10+ Year Old Account
    The zones are scaled to a minimalist perspective. In lore the geographic regions represented out of game are HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    If that picture is your example of proportions then you cant really say anything. Deathwings wingspan was pretty much same as the swords hilt width. Which you cant even see properly.
    that too, deathwing is the biggest of the dragon aspects by far, his body is way bigger than his ingame model (try to remember spine of deathwing encounter how big his back was)

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    We're not allowed to apply IRL logic with a Titan Stabbing a World, yet we're allowed to apply logic with Legion's Portal BS, Logic, Timelines, and shit? ...Eh?
    Allowed? Sure. It's still stupid and pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of like how Tae'shalach, and Gor'shalach are Non-Can----

...Ohhhhhh...
    Ooooh yeah, but in the RPG they are 2 parts of the same swords, while in canon lore they are 2 different swords.

....Oh wow.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    The sword should have destroyed most of azeroth with the shock-wave it would have created but it's just not feasible to show that kind of destruction in-game unless it was a premise for a new cata-esque expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Micka Steelspark View Post
    Ooooh yeah, but in the RPG they are 2 parts of the same swords, while in canon lore they are 2 different swords.

....Oh wow.
    i agree, neither in chronicles nor ingame do we learn whats the name of sargeras' sword, nor do we know how aggramar got Taeshalach, all we know that his sword (Taeshalach) got broken when he tried to parry sargeras and thats probably the reason why Taeshalach is a broken blade ingame, its nowhere confirmed that its reforged from Gorshalach

and when you compare the size of the sword in the cinematic https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.ne...7929fe4dfe5406
    its closer to a dagger/shortsword than his greatsword that he used to cleave a planet in 2
    https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.ne...86c57bca9ffc82
    Last edited by valky94; 2018-01-10 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ex0LL View Post
    Hello, community.

There's this thing bugging me lately when I think about Antorus' ending cinematic:

Sargeras stabbing Azeroth with his sword and stick it in Silithus (which by the way I noticed the proportions are not balanced/realistic at all) shouldn't cause 10 times what Deathwing caused with the Cataclysm?

No. Deathwing destroyed the World Pillar. Think of it as destroying the support beam for your house, compared to stabbing a knife into the wall. Sargeras sword was also extremely hot from entering the atmosphere, which resulted in it torching the ground as it entered. The heat from the movement basically moved the earth as the blade came towards it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

There was old Artwork of Sargeras stabbing a World, yet that World broke into Pieces.

Now, Sargeras stabs Azeroth, and that does FUCK ALL!

Yet, just because Deathwing flew around the World, that automatically makes it worse than Sargeras' Stab on Azeroth? That stab must've been at least 10x that of the Meteor which took down the Dinosaurs, yes? And that same Meteor also fucked over the Planet as well....

So, I don't see your logic, Cataclysm defending people. :/
    Be honest. The pic you saw he was not stabbing a planet and you know it. He was cleaving it. Also, this is a fantasy universe where our lawns of nature and physics are not 1:1. Plus Azeroth is a Titan planet, not any normal planet. I'm sure that may have something to do with it as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just wanna know where Sargeras' handprint is. It definitely was placed on the surface so I'm pretty sure it wasn't placed in the ocean... '.'

Ooh, maybe that's a future demon expansion. Isle of HANDPRINT and each finger mark is a questing zone!

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    When I say "realistic" in a context like World of Warcraft, I still try to maintain a body of rules adequate for what would realistically/physically happen.

You can't just justify everything with "magic", in my opinion.
    A blade that big crashing into the soil of a planet like that would completely turn it upside down if not completely destroying life on it how it is now.
    Right, cuz the world of Azeroth clearly follows the same rules as ours.

Kind of like how Tae'shalach, and Gor'shalach are Non-Can----

...Ohhhhhh...
    only Taeshalach is canon as of this day, the name of sargeras' sword is unknown as it hasnt been named neither in legion nor ingame.

"Chronicle Volume 1 established that, rather than the RPG's origins, Sargeras and Aggramar's weapons were always separate blades, that shattered in a duel against each other when Sargeras betrayed the Pantheon."

this line of text confirms that Taechalach was always a seperate sword and was never reforged from a fragment of Gorshalach

Quote Originally Posted by Micka Steelspark View Post

....Oh wow.
    Doesn't mean much, since both of the Blades came from the RPG. Just because their Origins changed, that doesn't mean their names/faces changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Be honest. The pic you saw he was not stabbing a planet and you know it. He was cleaving it. Also, this is a fantasy universe where our lawns of nature and physics are not 1:1. Plus Azeroth is a Titan planet, not any normal planet. I'm sure that may have something to do with it as well.

I.

Wasn't.

Talking.

About.

Chronicles.

-_-

Deleted
    Fantasy needs no justification other than 'Magic' though. High Fantasy worlds are governed by their own rules separate to our own understanding of natural law.

Look at Outland, how are we able to stand on such a small fragment of a planet without floating off into space, and how does that fragment maintain any sort of atmosphere for us to breathe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I just wanna know where Sargeras' handprint is. It definitely was placed on the surface so I'm pretty sure it wasn't placed in the ocean... '.'

Ooh, maybe that's a future demon expansion. Isle of HANDPRINT and each finger mark is a questing zone!
    LOL and yes, that was another point I wanted to argue about.
    I mean, even just his hand holding onto Azeroth to better stick the sword in it would have crashed the entirety of the zone/zones or create a huge tsunami causing another cataclysm alone...

I can't understand how you guys are justifying basic physics to "fantasy world and magic", that's too much imo.
    In a fantasy universe I still want that touch of realism, and I am sorry if I am the only one thinking that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    He slashed the world that exploded in half, in that other art.

Slashing is different to stabbing.
    Especially when you are pulled from something you want to stab...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Point 1): It's a stab. It's a HUGE difference between a stab wound, a slice wound and a concussive wound.

Point 2): Look at the dimension. That blade does not seems so huge in comparison with the whole planet. Judging from the size, seems like stabbing a soccer ball with a dagger, maybe a daga.

Point 3): The point of stabbing is to create a deep wound, not to "crash" your target. Try with a knife and butter. If you stab the butter, this one does not implode, the knife just go trough with just a little of side effect near the "wound". And in comparison, you are as big and strong as Sargeras when you stab butter.

Point 4): IT'S NOT CRASHING IS STABBING. Two fucking different things.

7+ Year Old Account
    LOL and yes, that was another point I wanted to argue about.
    I mean, even just his hand holding onto Azeroth to better stick the sword in it would have crashed the entirety of the zone/zones or create a huge tsunami causing another cataclysm alone...

I can't understand how you guys are justifying basic physics to "fantasy world and magic", that's too much imo.
    In a fantasy universe I still want that touch of realism, and I am sorry if I am the only one thinking that?
    Nah, if it's REALLY good story telling, they should be able to explain fantasy aspects in a logical sense. It gives you an idea of what happens and WHY they act like that. Not explaining anything is just really cheap and a way of "we don't have to think about it, nor explain it. We can just do whatever we want without being wrong!"

Plus, some people might find it strange and shocking but... some people have FUN questioning these things and talk about them. x_x

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Point 1): It's a stab. It's a HUGE difference between a stab wound, a slice wound and a concussive wound.

Point 2): Look at the dimension. That blade does not seems so huge in comparison with the whole planet. Judging from the size, seems like stabbing a soccer ball with a dagger, maybe a daga.

Point 3): The point of stabbing is to create a deep wound, not to "crash" your target. Try with a knife and butter. If you stab the butter, this one does not implode, the knife just go trough with just a little of side effect near the "wound". And in comparison, you are as big and strong as Sargeras when you stab butter.

Point 4): IT'S NOT CRASHING IS STABBING. Two fucking different things.
    Let me get this straight.

Try to think about a sword that size coming right through from the sky, piercing the atmosphere and "stabbing" our planet.
    Imagine you can see the whole thing far in the distance.

When the blade hit the sword, what do you imagine it to be like?
    Just a little of quake and everything's just ok?

Because what I imagine is half of the planet being turned upside-down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me get this straight.

Try to think about a sword that size coming right through from the sky, piercing the atmosphere and "stabbing" our planet.
    Imagine you can see the whole thing far in the distance.

When the blade hit the sword, what do you imagine it to be like?
    Just a little of quake and everything's just ok?

Because what I imagine is half of the planet being turned upside-down.
    It really depends on physics of imaginary world. Object this big could also just set whole atmosphere aflame when reaching the planet. Or it could crack tectonic plate in half. Or it couldn't, we don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.