Poll: How many children do you want?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    you forgot to put a None on that list, I think it would be winning.
    Probably why it's in with 'as many as possible or 'other''.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Everyone is now required to have children.
    I refuuuse!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I picked 3-4 but my wife and I married a bit later in life so we'll probably only have 2. We're aiming for about 2 years in between kids. We currently have 1 and will be trying for our second soonish.

FYI about 2.5 children per couple is the replacement rate, the extra .5 accounts for those that don't make it long enough to have their own kids.

I have one, and it seems as enough. I am patient parent, nerves of steel with her (she is 11months old), but I cannot imagine myself having those nerves with one more, while this one is still in young age
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

I have one, but I would love to have more.

Got 2. They are about 3 years apart. It is as far as we are going to go.

We have two and while there are times where you think how it would be without them I definitly can't imagine living without them. Sure more money in the bank but that isn't most important to us.

Children (to me) force you to not let yourself go, you have to stay informed and keep up with changes, technology and force you to stay young in a way. Also there are times when you think "why am I doing all this?!", or you might have some condition. Having children makes you want to push through and get over stuff. At least until they can take care of themselves.

And people who think the world has become such a bad place, you are definitely fed too much news and propaganda. Turn it off for a while...

So to me having children makes you stronger and keeps you younger.
    Last edited by Raakel; 2018-01-10 at 02:19 PM.

Zero. I tend to agree with David Benatar in his conversation with Sam Harris here.

https://www.samharris.org/podcast/it...y-worth-living

Basic idea is that having children is to intentionally cause suffering, because everyone will suffer, and not a good thing to do.

Deleted
    The deal with my girlfriends is that we can have kids if she takes care of them fulltime.

I don't want daycare kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Soooo, what’s your idea? Everyone should stop having kids? What happens to mankind then?

Extinction. Which in all likelihood going to happen at some point anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    There aren't any options for 0. I'm not having any.

I already have two and two grandchildren. Both my wife and myself came from families with 4 children and that is what we wanted, but that unfortunately couldn't happen. I would like a couple more grandchildren.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    The way the world is now, Climate change, over population, Water shortages, War, Terror attacks, etc... I'd consider the act of Planning a child, "Premeditated Manslaughter".
    and thousands of years ago the world was so much better, no diseases or wars no food shortages, everyone had wonderful living conditions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Oh, you’re one of those people. Moving on.
    yeah one of those sad depressed people struggling with the easy 21st century life, because it was much better and easier back in the 1300's or the 800's etc.