Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I know for a fact Stormrage is probably going to be fucking crazy after people hit max level. The FFA world quest zones already have guilds that go and shit on all the lone wolfs out there so I’m going to assume there will be a lot of guilds/people turning it on at max level.

I don’t think anyone would turn it on while leveling but I could be wrong. Maybe people who level in a group with guildies will. However I know I’m definitely not the only one on Stormrage that’s gonna run around pvping at max level.

This gives us the option to do it whenever we want. You’re going to see people out there pvping especially on popular realms.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2018-01-08 at 11:23 PM.

Deleted
    Too much mobility and get away mechanics as well as flying, give no chance to world pvp.

People would world pvp because of the thrill to make someone's life miserable and be memorable on the server, make their own reputation as a ganker etc.

It's not the rewards in terms of loot you get out of it.

That stuff just doesn't exist anymore.

Maybe we see some of that stuff back with classic. Waiting to see how blizzard is going to address certain bugs and imbalances classic wow had though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    This isn't easy to explain, but I will try...

There is difference between being able to fight and wanting to fight and it's exactly PvP+PvE (servers)vs(toggle) issue.

They annihilate element of moral choice by their decision. All were on the same server with the same rules and legal (not material/not complicated/"not hardcore")
    Which was given up when we gained shards because our server choice suddenly didn't matter just a play style choice made when we had different circumstances in life.
    From your argument i guess that you also consider it fair game to have sex with a person that is too drunk as well as other forms of "Victim blaming".

I see it as difference of opinion on how you build communities because i am sure that i am not alone in having moderate interest in pvp/wpvp 10+ years ago when my time wasn't very limited while today i have no desire for it but i don't wanna leave my guild to go to a pveserver because several of them still enjoy being on a pvpserver.

Toggle isn't a problem but participation bonuses is.
    Last edited by mmoc9edb066cd1; 2018-01-09 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you enjoy killing players, there are surely enough people that will toggle to do the same to you -- assuming the playstyle is actually interesting outside of a "I'm on a Horde PVP server so I can look forward to 50 of my mates helping me gang up on Alliance 30+ levels lower than me or vice versa".

So it will be interesting to see a truly healthy version of the world pvp environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

I'll keep my pvp enabled, I run with a squad in open world anyway. I'm not bad in pvp or anything, but strength in numbers.

Deleted
    Repeat after me. THEY WONT TAKE AWAY PVP SERVERS! there will still be world pvp, it will just be optional. My friend who when started the game wanted to play with me, but hate PVP can now stay on the server, and just opt out of it. Me who likes it, i can stay in it. Hell they said there will be some bonus or objectives to stay in PVP, so if anything they will just add to PVP servers.

I definitely won't miss Legion world pvp. Since BfA will likely be the same I plan on playing with pvp off all the time (up until wod I actually prefered playing on PvP).

10+ Year Old Account
    World flying killed World PvP long ago.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    with how they plan to roll it out, you wont really see a difference right? you can basically choose if you'll be on a pvp or pve realm

Quote Originally Posted by Eliessa View Post
    my favourite are people like you who want the world to adapt to their liking without any regards what other players think or want. peak selfishness and self-centred.
    This is insane comment and so much hyperbole.
    This game is a free market product, people want different things, people express what they want in the product that they are using. So logically they ignore "other people" while expressing their own comment. To "people like you" this turns into a hyperbole of "peak selfishness and self-centred", WTF. The person you reply to did not remotely saying he will use physical force, or real life threat, or use government power (if he has any) to force BLIZZARD to do what he wants.

Who is at the "peak of selfishness and self-centred" anyway? Look at the mirror perhaps?
    Last edited by gobio; 2018-01-10 at 02:12 AM.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, not at all.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

No. The toggle is a much better way to handle PVP. It may even spark more interest in World PVP, since you know people are there for that exact reason. Life on my PVP server has been a whole lot of ignoring enemy players while questing; you don't bother their questing in order to ensure they won't bother yours. PVP switched on it is assumed you and everyone you see want to be bothered.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Deleted
    Eh, servers stopped having an identity a long time ago when the new tech kicked in like LFG, grouping with players from other servers, CRZ and sharding.
    The only things left that are server specific are what? Guilds, trades and entering in the current mythic raid (not even sure if this still applies).

As to missing the PVP servers ... what is there to miss? World PVP has been dead for a veeery long time.

PvP servers aren't going away.

If you wanna play on a PvP server so badly, just go to a home city and toggle it on. Boom, PvP server.

Quote Originally Posted by gsfgsjjkg View Post
    Will you miss PVP Servers?
    No.

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnork58 View Post
    PvP servers aren't going away.

If you wanna play on a PvP server so badly, just go to a home city and toggle it on. Boom, PvP server.
    The server type itself is. By default no server is a PvP server anymore unless you choose to turn that toggle on willingly.

Having not played on one since late BC, nope. Not one bit.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

"World pvp" only exists now as a minor annoyance that happens when you accidentally hit melee who are attacking the same boss as you with AoE spells. CRZ questing was the final nail in it's coffin.

Nope, Since I didn't play on them, and was 85% a PvE player, don't care. I do feel bad for those that did enjoy playing on them.... unless their only enjoyment was to gank lowbies and those unable to defend themselves.