Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    A big cavity in a tooth that was untreated, until it eventually grew down to, and exposed, the nerve.

Each time I chewed, by accident, with that tooth, I longed for a soothing kick in the balls..

Kick in the balls: 8 to 9 depending on severity.
    Chewing with a tooth with exposed nerve: 9,5 to 9,9
    Watching 50 Shades of Grey: Assuming 10,0. Will never ever see that movie..
    One of those just let it all end kind of pains huh, lol, Yeah I heard tooth pain is some of the worst, and can drive a man insane.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

15+ Year Old Account
    This. 10/10

Dislocated / fractured knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    They usually just use local anaesthetics. Putting patients out would mean they would have to have beds for us to sleep it out, I suppose. Local is mostly enough - not enough to not hurt at all, just enough to get through - and I actually had a good dentist. That one root was so hard to get out, though, I needed a third shot.

(As a contrast, I did not list colonoscopy given they did put me to sleep quite readily. After all, I was already on a bed for that.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Having a dentist trying to wrench out the remains of a broken tooth.
    That's weird, I've had to get a broken tooth removed last year, and after the local was administered, I hardly felt a thing.

Maybe different dentists, different ways of handling local anaesthetics.

The worst pain I felt was either after colliding teeth first in to an horizontal bar that I didn't see coming when I was chasing after another kid on the play ground (this was several years ago, and unrelated to my broken tooth removal). Oh god the pain, and the chipped teeth. Worst thing is, the teeth were my "real" teeth so they're still chipped to this day.

Or when my nether regions decided to hurt really badly for no reason I could tell. I could hardly walk, the pain was so bad.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...highlight=pain

Wow, there is already a thread about this, it got 9 pages, 18 if you're on the old system.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was 19 a dentist did a root canal on me with no anesthesia after I declined because I was stupid. I actually don't know why, probably because of the pain I was already in at that point, wasn't really thinking things through. Made me almost break his stupid chair. I don't even see how I could ever experience that much pain again unless the Spanish Inquisition gets a hold of me. Next time (if there is one) I'll either get anesthesia or have them take the fucking thing out instead and put in an implant.

5+ Year Old Account
    Went to get my teeth 'whitened' (bleached) as a bday present (only lasts 6months), they basically prime those suckers and shine a UV light at your face for an hour (up to 5 cycles).

1st cycle felt hot, 2nd had a bit of a sting here and there. They said ppl opt out at the 3rd. Yea. Teeth felt like they were made from foam or had holes in them or somethin... That stinging sensation slowly became a more hardcore pinging in varying degrees in different teeth. A few seconds of relief and then random pings from different teeth. Some strong enough to make you cringe.

I figured it can't get any worse (4th one was about the same) but the 5th cycle had me thinking my teeth would just fall out.

The stinging became more frequent, i thought my teeth were damaged because they felt like they were made out of foam, or hollow, you could feel everything. The heat of the UV light just made me more conscious of everything. It made me feel my nerves in my teeth pulsing, which was a big one. At this point i had involuntary eye twitches when the pings where very strong and made my eyes water a bit (it was like a reflex when you suck on a lemon or something very sour and you just cannot control your reaction. A more accurate depiction is the pain you might get from the sound of someone scratching nails on a chalkboard, but at different intervals. Just so much cringe.)

As soon as i got to rinse the bleach off, all that shit just disappeared. Amazing. Felt a bit foreign rinsing my mouth out and all that, and nothing actually hurt after that. 2nd day and it was back to normal. It's not the worst pain i could imagine but i'd say its worth sharing. Got some very pearly whites for 6 months lol. (i'd rate it a 7 because that 5th cycle needed you to concentrate and brace yourself, and it was a mind marathon in general.)

Having a q tip stuck in my weewee for a medical check lok

10+ Year Old Account
    Rusty 6" nail through the foot, carrying bags of concrete when I was much younger, was a hard 9. Three shattered teeth and bone fractures can't compare.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Deleted
    I can choose from: broken tooth; crushed median nerve in the hand (main); paraformaldehyde solution in eyes due to equipment failure; necrotic skin lesion, loss and eventual regrowth after potent allergic reaction to venom; testicular torsion.

The last of these was the most potent in terms of intensity, luckily I passed out almost immediately. Losing skin on a large portion of the hand was definitely worse though from a QoL standpoint, since the pain was persistent and interfered with sleep etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    That's weird, I've had to get a broken tooth removed last year, and after the local was administered, I hardly felt a thing.

Maybe different dentists, different ways of handling local anaesthetics.

The worst pain I felt was either after colliding teeth first in to an horizontal bar that I didn't see coming when I was chasing after another kid on the play ground (this was several years ago, and unrelated to my broken tooth removal). Oh god the pain, and the chipped teeth. Worst thing is, the teeth were my "real" teeth so they're still chipped to this day.
    I guess we all react differently to anaesthetics. At any rate, a shot was enough other times he worked on my teeth.

Oh, and they can pretty much resculpt chipped teeth now. My dentist used a white claylike thing that hardens enough to use for chewing (although he advised against whole nuts).

- Kidney Stones
    - Really bad gout
    - 2nd degree burns on my stomach
    - Compressed tail bone
    - Severe tooth pain

When my appendix burst and my immune system walled it off. It felt like there was a baseball in my gut right above my pelvis and I could barely move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either breaking my ankle or the time I ripped my big toe nail off (not cleanly it split down the middle all the way back). Solid 10 on the pain scale that was

I had an appendicitis, but I thought it was just a stomach flu. Eventually the thing bursted and travelled all the way to the other side of my belly resulting in gangrene. I couldnt even walk straight anymore the last day and evey-fcking-thing hurt. Doctor came home and immediatly called an ambulance. Got rushed to the hospital with sirenes and everything on and got an emergency surgery.

After this they couldn't stitch the wound because the pus needed a way to travel out. I got morfine and constantly needed to vommit of that shit. I can tell you, vommiting cost a lot of muscle power, especially around your waist. When there's an open wound there and you need to vommit because you feel so nauseous is probaly the most painful thing I've ever encountered. Besided that: the whole feeling in your whole body during this all is worse, really worse. Never felt so bad I think.

To end it a little dramaticly: physical pain hurts les than mental pain. I'm all good now, but had some downfalls there too :P.

Deleted
    walking around 10km to the next telephone with a torn ligament in my foot

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched an old boss pour hydrochloric acid on a partially necrotized brown recluse bite. Possibly the most horrifying thing I've ever witnessed.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

bruised foot felt more horrible than actually breaking something
    hit & run posting lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the worst thing about being injured and being in extreme pain are people who ask " Are you Ok?" Which typically aren't as bad as the follow ups, Pain + Stupid questions!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I have daily migraines as a result of a Grand Mal seizure I had in the Navy.

Worst migraine lasted 12 WEEKS and started hallucinating after 10 weeks. I had only just started playing a few months before and at one time I played WoW over 100 hours straight as a distraction. Several other times, I exceeded 72 hours straight during that time. I couldn't get treatment after I started hallucinating because at the time, the VA would put you on a watch list, even if you self-admitted. That watchlist got aggregated with the terrorist watch list and there were and are a bunch of vets who are unable to fly because it's impossible to get off the list. I NEVER trusted that watch list so I didn't get treatment. Thankfully, it worked out, but I feel bad for my brother and sister vets who sought treatment only to be treated like a terrorist for the rest of their lives.

Before I started getting Botox through the VA, I'd get tension so bad down my back that I'd have two red stripes of swollen burning muscle. Felt like shingles. For hours, it'd feel like I was on fire. I had 2nd degree burns on my back due to a long bike ride without a shirt (my entire back skin turned to a really slick, clear jelly...was super gross) and the pain was worse.

I still get migraines bad enough that I think I've been hit in the head.

Had a couple of kidney stones and they were bad, but while I had a kidney stone and was on Percocet, I had this pain so bad that I nearly passed out. If you couldn't tell, I have a massive pain tolerance and me nearly passing out really freaked out my wife. Turns out I had a renal infarct or a blood clot blocking the artery to my right kidney. Docs couldn't figure it out. How did I get a blood clot big enough to block the artery, but no sign of anything in my brain, lungs or heart? I was in the hospital for almost 2 weeks while my blood was sent to every reference lab in the country. I guess House wasn't available because they never found the reason.

So yeah, renal infarct and the worst of my migraines...