Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

paper tank

dunno since our tank got one shotted by shield of light in +24

Avoidance gear, a tank trinket (parajesh medalion is a nice cheat death effekt with saves you for about 400-500k overkill once)
    A decent versa/avoidance set with the right trinket will go a VERY long way on high tyran

As Fury I put on Prydaz (which gave me 10M effective HP), did not attack to avoid being Enraged, used a lock rock and Commanding Shout the first time to help the entire party. Second time I popped Enraged Regeneration and just barely survived even with the self healing. Third time she was at 5% and I died almost instantly, fortunately rogues are OP and finished her off.

I definitely hope they think about that sort of mechanic when designing BfA M+.

As a Hunter, I run Prydaz and Roots. Usually tell the healer to use CDs on 2nd one, and when we go back the next time tell everyone to use anything they have, even if ignoring means going full immune and not doing dps.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a druid, I alternate Tranq and Artifact Ability with Ironbark(on squishiest DPS) and Barkskin myself. Works well enough if my DPS aren't complete Speds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prolonged power, prydaz, personals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Prolonged Power is a nice boost indeed but won't help when people don't have personals/Prydaz. See the best m+ WW monk gear - he's running on-use trinkets with shields/absorbs as dps.
    Stacking avoidance and versatility for those 1shot mechanics works. We are so far into the xpac that having a versa/avoidance set as dps should be basically a non-issue for higher keys and progress raiding.

This will not work in low scored pugs and even less in lower keys, so basically there is a very bad point around m14-17 where you can keep getting bad players with bad gear, which results in 1shots working as intended - as a barrier to improve your performance around.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Similar question I suppose, how the hell do people survive the pull right next to General Xakal in Arcway during teeming fortified? There are two inquisitors, both cast an aoe shadow damage nuke which can not be stunned, interrupted, crowd controlled or stopped in any way, if both go off at the same time anyone without an immunity (except the tank) is as good as dead.

Last time I was there we used bloodlust and tried to nuke the hell out of one of them, hoping to at least kill it before we died but to no avail. We continued trying until we finally managed during the second bloodlust when they did not line up both spells at the exact same time, surely there must be a better way?
    Prophecy of doom aoe is 40 yards radius so if you stand 41 yards away you wont get hit at all. You can also use the terrain to hide behind something just like enforcers in court of stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Prophecy of doom aoe is 40 yards radius so if you stand 41 yards away you wont get hit at all. You can also use the terrain to hide behind something just like enforcers in court of stars.
    That's about it. LoS and outrange. It's a really long cast and they don't move.
    High m+ is interesting because you *must* communicate with other players and adapt. You can't overcome mechanics with a few more ilvl of gear, you must respect them and be creative.

In a way, old school dungeons were like that. You needed a lot of CC, threat management, good positioning and LoS tricks, a little bit of kiting here and there...

Hyrja just does too much damage. I just tell the dpsers to stay alive and do as much as they can while they are so it takes less time for me to solo the remainder.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

My tyrannical week gear is currently Frost (mage), with chest and prydaz, 20 avoidance(cap) and about 8% dmg reduction, in total around 6.4 mil hp. add there also 1.5 mil barrier my effective HP is pretty high.

also, you want to time the prydaz shields to line up with storms and not just keep it equipped all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Prydaz doesn't do much unless the shield comes back at the right time for a miraculous save.

Other than that it's just using defensive cooldowns decently, have big heals and pop health potions if needed.

It's not meant to be done at M+58, there's a point that it just mathematically the end, no matter what you do, this is a MMO, player skills barely make any difference.
    lol.

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Simple Trick:
    Start at yellow, wait for first Sanctify;
    After Sanctify drag her over to blue asap. You want to stand at the edge of the yellow zone. Plan is to reach the blue zone before she casts Shield of light.
    Let Shield of light kick yourself into the wall where she stands at the start. You want her to still get blue buffs but dont want her to be to far away.
    No the timing is a little bit tricky. She now has some stacks blue and some yellow. Wait 5-6 seconds after the Shield of light when the yellow stacks are around 1 or 2.
    Now drag her over to yellow immediatly.
    If done correctly she will cast Eye of the storm at the end of the drag on the yellow side.
    She will loose blue buffs while storm and the arcing at the end of the storm does zero damage.
    After that just do the normal rotation and change sides via shield of light. After this she will allways cast the ults on the "wrong" side not benefiting from their buffs.
    The encounter just gets a joke.
    When im home i can check for our video we did some while ago.

take nothing but rogues and druids and your problem's solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    Simple Trick:
    After Sanctify drag her over to blue asap. You want to stand at the edge of the yellow zone. Plan is to reach the blue zone before she casts Shield of light.
    Let Shield of light kick yourself into the wall where she stands at the start. You want her to still get blue buffs but dont want her to be to far away.
    No the timing is a little bit tricky. She now has some stacks blue and some yellow. Wait 5-6 seconds after the Shield of light when the yellow stacks are around 1 or 2.
    If done correctly she will cast Eye of the storm at the end of the drag on the yellow side.
    She will loose blue buffs while storm and the arcing at the end of the storm does zero damage.
    After that just do the normal rotation and change sides via shield of light. After this she will allways cast the ults on the "wrong" side not benefiting from their buffs.
    Trying to google a vid for this, but can't seem to find the right keywords.

Deleted
    Avoidance gear, tank trinkets, prydaz, brez. Don't use Dark Pact with an active pet as a Warlock, either pact an enslaved demon (none in HoV) or pact yourself.
    Between UR, DP, Prydaz and Soul Leech, you shouldn't die as a Warlock at least. On my Hunter I hated these kind of mechanics and it's the one reason I stopped playing M+ on him. It's not fun when you have to do strange things like equipping stamina trinkets to survive a specific boss.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2018-01-17 at 10:53 AM.

Deleted
    As warlock: defensive talents and self-heal, so if there is no mistake, then I'm safe even in 18+ too. If need more, then I'll switch for defensive legendary (prydaz) and use prolonged during the beam.

With pally, I often use defensive cd and if need, I lend a helping hand to the healer with some spot healing and/or big CD (pally utils rocks)

With DH... i'll try my best
    (... prydaz, prolonged and def.cd)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    Trying to google a vid for this, but can't seem to find the right keywords.
    Player I talked to said after two hours of practice he could get this to work maybe 75% of the time, but there was RNG involved and no way he could see to get it to 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    Simple Trick:
    I found a couple of videos on this, but not one that left me feeling like I knew how to do it. Looking forward to seeing yours.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

As a brm i got 16 hov from chest and i already hate this week =(
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Deleted
    If you're gonna get nuked when she has 60-80%(6-8 stacks) damage buff, use a defensive.
    Anything less than that and Prydaz is enough.

At extremely high keys you want to use 20% avoidance and an additional defensive trinket, the shield one from Antorus works well. You need to call for Sacrifice/Iron Bark when you're about to run out of defensives. Cooldowns should be used when getting nuked between 3-8 stacks on high tyrannical keys.