Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Once again this forum is overflowing with the milk of human kindness. If you don't think asking returning or new player to go and grind shitty world quests for weeks on end to play the new races isn't outrageous then i don't know what to say. It is such a ludicrous idea that i would bet one billion imaginary internet points that Blizzard will almost certainly remove that requirement at launch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    So just for the 2 horde races a very GENEROUS total is 35 hours of game time just to play a BFA feature. And I said half hour, sometimes it takes even longer.

WOW!
    That's 35 hours not over 2 weeks,but over at least 24 weeks, and I'm being generous with that. If you're a new player will you seroiusly care wether you're ready for mytgic raiding after 1 week, or will you enjoy the 7 expansion worth of whole fucking new content?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Once again this forum is overflowing with the milk of human kindness. If you don't think asking returning or new player to go and grind shitty world quests for weeks on end to play the new races isn't outrageous then i don't know what to say. It is such a ludicrous idea that i would bet one billion imaginary internet points that Blizzard will almost certainly remove that requirement at launch.
    Majority of people are wow addicts that play 4 hours a day that were subbed for the entire expansion. The concept that people do anything outside the game is absurd to them.

Read the book the Nix. It is an amazing new best seller. Book was written by a guy playing WoW for maybe 8 years talking about how insane and disturbed the people are when he was playing.

It even goes into a multiboxer friend he had playing 10 hours a day living on frozen dinners up to amazing debt living in a home without a functioning stove. It is truelly amazing how sad some of these people are, where playing 40 hours a month just on unlocking one subrace is perfectly healthy and fine to them.
    Last edited by mmoc2d9bdf7f11; 2018-01-10 at 04:55 PM.

Majority of people are wow addicts that play 4 hours a day that were subbed for the entire expansion. The concept that people do anything outside the game is absurd to them.

Read the book the Nix. It is an amazing new best seller. Book was written by a guy playing WoW for maybe 8 years talking about how insane and disturbed the people are when he was playing.

It even goes into a multiboxer friend he had playing 10 hours a day living on frozen dinners up to amazing debt living in a home without a functioning stove. It is truelly amazing how sad some of these people are, where playing 40 hours a month just on unlocking one subrace is perfectly healthy and fine to them.
    Maybe if it were 40 hours a month, and not MAYBE 15-20 in 6 months.

You could probably unlock the races by not even logging in, and just using the phone app to do missions once a day on one character between now and BfA release.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I can pretty much guarantee you'll lose that bet. The point of the races is that you do things to unlock them, not that they are handed out for buying BfA.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2018-01-10 at 05:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Maybe if it were 40 hours a month, and not MAYBE 15-20 in 6 months.

You could probably unlock the races by not even logging in, and just using the phone app to do missions once a day on one character between now and BfA release.
    Are you saying that people playing 1.29 hours a day for 31 days IS INSANE!!! Please...don't lie to yourself. You and most likely everyone here easily plays 2 hours minimum a day. Don't pretend you don't.

Hell there is even a poster here with a 2 year account with 10k post that can literally not understand the concept of all the time she has wasted in WoW oh hell these forums she basically lives here.

Are you saying that people playing 1.29 hours a day for 31 days IS INSANE!!! Please...don't lie to yourself. You and most likely everyone here easily plays 2 hours minimum a day. Don't pretend you don't.

Hell there is even a poster here with a 2 year account with 10k post that can literally not understand the concept of all the time she has wasted in WoW oh hell these forums she basically lives here.
    I don't. At all. I play maybe an hour a week during the lull between patches.

These requirements are a complete joke. They are so little effort and time, and you have half a year to do them even if you started from scratch right now.

45 minutes a week is nothing.

And again, for the millionth time, the whole point of allied races is that they are a race you do stuff to unlock.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2018-01-10 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Why would they?
    Because it makes sense even to my dog. I don't think in Blizzard are so stupid to suppose that a new player, with 0 knowledge in WoW, can ALONE think about all the stuff to do for a race. Unless they do some sort of in-game guide but it's just absurd.

Again i think this rep requirements will stay until BfA launches. After the launch, the only race that will require some stuff will be Dark Iron and Zandalari. Probably, for the next expansion, Dark Iron and Zandalari requirements will be off too, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Because it makes sense even to my dog. I don't think in Blizzard are so stupid to suppose that a new player, with 0 knowledge in WoW, can ALONE think about all the stuff to do for a race. Unless they do some sort of in-game guide but it's just absurd.

Again i think this rep requirements will stay until BfA launches. After the launch, the only race that will require some stuff will be Dark Iron and Zandalari. Probably, for the next expansion, Dark Iron and Zandalari requirements will be off too, and so on.
    A new player with 0 knowledge will look at the races, see there are special unlockable alternates of some races and go "I have no interest in those. I'm going to make a character to start playing." or "Wow, those a neat, It'd be cool to unlock them, I'll make a character to start playing." Just like in Wrath when a brand new player saw DKs, and had to do hours of questing and leveling on another character to unlock them.

Yes, it's pretty dumb that you have to do a bunch of rep/quest chains which are not part of the normal levelling process(unlike the DK and DH requirements) in order to play the new races.

- - - Updated - - -

A new player with 0 knowledge will look at the races, see there are special unlockable alternates of some races and go "I have no interest in those. I'm going to make a character to start playing." or "Wow, those a neat, It'd be cool to unlock them, I'll make a character to start playing." Just like in Wrath when a brand new player saw DKs, and had to do hours of questing and leveling on another character to unlock them.
    Questing which was part of the normal path a player would take(read: getting XP to reach max level), unlike the allied races which require you to stop at 110 for no good reason, and then do hours of quests and weeks of rep grinding.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    New Raids are a selling point... but you still have to level and gear to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    New Raids are a selling point... but you still have to level and gear to do them.
    The difference is that you don't have to do tens of hours of content from the previous expansion's end game to raid the new expansion raids.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yes, it's pretty dumb that you have to do a bunch of rep/quest chains which are not part of the normal levelling process(unlike the DK and DH requirements) in order to play the new races.

- - - Updated - - -

Questing which was part of the normal path a player would take(read: getting XP to reach max level), unlike the allied races which require you to stop at 110 for no good reason, and then do hours of quests and weeks of rep grinding.
    Yeah, because I mean, you have to stop at 110, it's not like you could, I don't know, hit 120 and then whenever you like go work on unlocking the reward from the feature that is about doing stuff to unlock rewards.

You know, like mounts, and transmog, and titles, and pets, and many of the other systems that have been added to the game over the years.

Vanilla content isn't part of the normal path of a DK, a DK skips Vanilla entirely. You were doing hours of old content to unlock something that is unrelated to that content from a new expansion.

You are missing THE WHOLE POINT.
    I doubt I'm the one missing the point here. I've been playing various MMOs over the years. I've seen people starting them as new players. What I've never seen is someone asking to know what is "current" content before even starting to play. They all went at the game with knife, fork and hammer, eager to discover, explore, experience whatever the game offered because it was all new. Your hypothetical new player is a bad strawman, another excuse to whine when the game does not offer everything on a silver plate - despite the fact that WoW actually already offers more than most other games or than what I consider healthy.

But by all means, keep dreaming of new players to cover your own lack of commitment.

Yeah, because I mean, you have to stop at 110, it's not like you could, I don't know, hit 120 and then whenever you like go work on unlocking the reward from the feature that is about doing stuff to unlock rewards.

You know, like mounts, and transmog, and titles, and pets, and many of the other systems that have been added to the game over the years.

Vanilla content isn't part of the normal path of a DK, a DK skips Vanilla entirely. You were doing hours of old content to unlock something that is unrelated to that content from a new expansion.
    Yeah, but levelling to 55 was something you'd do normally anyway. Going back to the previous expansion for content from the new one is idiotic design.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I've heard a few people bring up an interesting point about buying the BFA expansion, with a perk being Allied Races, but then also having to "unlock" them and it feels weird you can't automatically get them for the purchase.

For me personally, I already have the achievements I need to play all the races so this doesn't apply to me, but I find the principle an interesting discussion point.

Do you think it's a valid concern that you have to "unlock" allied races that are pitched as a perk of buying the BFA expansion? Like you would have to "unlock" a Demon Hunter, even though you bought the expansion it and it was pitched as a main feature.

Or do you consider it something like buying an expansion with the opportunity to unlock said allied races, sort of like you buy Legion, but you don't automatically get access to 110. You have to work through the levels. Or although you bought Legion to play a Demon Hunter, you still had to level it. (Or do you contest those are even fair analogies).

On the other hand, the unlock requirements for the Legion-based allied races are... Legion content technically.
    They are providing a reward to the people who played through the last expansion. It is nothing more than that.

Deleted
    Sadly it's not so easy or true. You need to put yourself in the shoes of a total newbie, someone who never toched a mmorpg and does not even know that Wowhead and this stuff exist.

Allied races are one of the selling points. They must be accessible for the vast majority of public. Now, as i said, for Zandalary and Dark Iron it makes sense, both from lore and gameplay reason, to not have them immediately.

Imagine the confusion of a newbie, that boost a pg to 110, logging in game and spammed with "JOIN THE HORDE/ALLY IN THIS NEW QUEST!!!" With 100 pop up begging to go ahead in the new expac. Then he go around and already see Void Elf etc ambassy. But no. He need to shrug everything off, stop, go back to Legion and do stuff for a good week or more. (And then level a new character again XD).

I know it's not "hard" stuff, but it's just not logic and not..... "fluent".

- - - Updated - - -

Legitimately, you can purchase the rep tokens that get you 1000 of each rep from the AH and get there without the questing if you are that butt hurt over it.

Yeah, but levelling to 55 was something you'd do normally anyway. Going back to the previous expansion for content from the new one is idiotic design.
    Again, it isn't content from the new one.

Allied races, the system, the feature, the ability to bring a group of people into your faction and then play as them. Is the BfA feature. HMT, Void Elves, LF Draenei and Nightborne are four Legion Allied races being introduced with the initial system.

Just like achievements is a system that gives you the ability to measure accomplishments and earn titles and mounts, and some of those are from Wrath, and some are from BC and Vanilla. (read: content from the previous expansion that you have to go back to).

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Allied races are one of the selling points. They must be accessible for the vast majority of public. Now, as i said, for Zandalary and Dark Iron it makes sense, both from lore and gameplay reason, to not have them immediately.

Imagine the confusion of a newbie, that boost a pg to 110, logging in game and spammed with "JOIN THE HORDE/ALLY IN THIS NEW QUEST!!!" With 100 pop up begging to go ahead in the new expac. Then he go around and already see Void Elf etc ambassy. But no. He need to shrug everything off, stop, go back to Legion and do stuff for a good week or more. (And then level a new character again XD).

I know it's not "hard" stuff, but it's just not logic and not..... "fluent".
    Imagine the confusion of a newbie that boosts to 110 and sees a thundering red cloud serpent. Wow, what's that you say? You have to shrug everything off, stop, go back to MoP and grind mobs for a good week or more?

Imagine the confusion of a newbie that starts up wow with no characters at Wrath launch, and sees DK, wow, but they have to level something to 55, over the course of tens of hours of /palyed time, and then abandon that first character to level a new one to play DK?

95% of what a new player is going to see (mounts, pets, armor, zones, most of professions, dungeons, raids) is stuff from not the newest expansion. Why do you think they are going to start foaming at the mouth and rocking back and forth when there is a race option that is greyed out and requires you play to unlock?

Do you think new players are mentally handicapped? Because I'm pretty sure most people would see that and go "Oh, I guess I have to do stuff in the game to unlock those" and not "WOW, I DONT GET IT AUTOMATICALLY? I CAN'T DEAL WITH HAVING TO DO STUFF IN A GAME!"
    Last edited by Hitei; 2018-01-10 at 05:47 PM.

Deleted
    Again, it isn't content from the new one.

Allied races, the system, the feature, the ability to bring a group of people into your faction and then play as them. Is the BfA feature. HMT, Void Elves, LF Draenei and Nightborne are four Legion Allied races being introduced with the initial system.

Just like achievements is a system that gives you the ability to measure accomplishments and earn titles and mounts, and some of those are from Wrath, and some are from BC and Vanilla. (read: content from the previous expansion that you have to go back to).

Imagine the confusion of a newbie that boosts to 110 and sees a thundering red cloud serpent. Wow, what's that you say? You have to shrug everything off, stop, go back to MoP and grind mobs for a good week or more?

Imagine the confusion of a newbie that starts up wow with no characters at Wrath launch, and sees DK, wow, but they have to level something to 55, over the course of tens of hours of /palyed time, and then abandon that first character to level a new one to play DK?
    Sorry but i am not going further since you completely miss the point and difference between level requirment and reputation/achievement.

Your example just show how you can't put a serious counter-argument.

1) Cloud serpent is NOT a BfA feature. It's not something a player see on BfA Box or site and not something he expect to have as soon as he log in game.

2) DK. First of all, back in WoTLK there was not a free max level boost. So yeah, you level something to 55 and then go ahead as DK, either way it's like you level only ONE character. With allied race, i need to (if i want them fast) use a boost on a character i probably won't use in the near future. Grind rep/ach. And then, level a new character.

Again, I DO NOT SAY that leveling or doing the rep/ach is HARD or is BAD per se. It's just not logic and not FLUENT for a race that can be a selling point for a lot of new players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts? What will people find to complain about next.

It's not like you need to buy the game and then BUY the sub-races, that'd be definitely a move worth complaining about, but this is just hollow whines and tears.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature