Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Irritiable bowel syndrome pain, I actually blacked out briefly on the toilet - anxious parent broke the lock when I failed to reply to "are you OK?"

Very strange experience, everything literally slowly turned from colour to shades of grey and then tunnel vision.

The week following my appendectomy, every time I moved, it felt like someone was ripping my abdomen apart. pain meds did nothing but make me sick. Second to that, the trapped air in my abdominal cavity after said surgery, i had to walk around my apartment so the gas would move into me intestines. i was walking anf farting for about an hour lol. Funny enough, the actual appendicitis barely hurt at all.

Worst Pain - rolling my ankle in October and hobbling a mile back to my house.

I've given birth twice and the ankle was worse lol

Deleted
    When my appendix burst as a child. Actually remember the moment I felt an internal organ tear open.

Yeah that was pretty bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    Kidneystone, hands down worst shit ever!!
    Renal colic is, I believe, classed as one of the worst pains possible by doctors (the other being cluster headaches, which are known as "suicide headaches" because people have a tendency to top themselves)

My dad had kidney stones, and even the morphine injections only modofied the pain. He was a real tough man, and never complaine dor went to a dentist with an abcessed tooth, but was reduced to tears (and throwing up) with the agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Irritiable bowel syndrome pain, I actually blacked out briefly on the toilet - anxious parent broke the lock when I failed to reply to "are you OK?"

Very strange experience, everything literally slowly turned from colour to shades of grey and then tunnel vision.
    That sound more like a vasovagal reaction, you can get that from too much straining when you poop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflex...ovagal_syncope

Curently going through a blood clot in my leg. Probably not as bad as some things on here, but without pain meds it's a bitch. Anti-inflamatory meds work the best, but because of the blood thinners those are super risky, so I'm stuck with a swollen leg. It's fine when I'm not moving because of the Tramadol, but even walking to the bathroom hurts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never broken any bones or anything like that. Except that I have 3 chipped teeth in the back of my mouth, like three quarters of each tooth is gone, but I've never had any pain from 'em or anything so never really bothered me.

Worst pain I've ever felt?

Hmm, either when I slint (I think thats the word I'm looking for) on the wood chopping thing (dont know the name, you put the piece of wood you want chopped on it and then chop with the axe) and hit my leg with the axe instead. Didnt get any particular damage luckily as it wasnt super sharp so I didnt need any attention, but fuck me it hurt.

If not that, it must've been when I got a nail 2 cm into my foot when I was like 6-7, dont remember much of it now, but I know that it hurt like a motherfucker.

Worst pain I can imagine? Uuuh... getting my skull cracked open and still be awake and feel the pain. :>
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Extremely bad gout flare up in both feet/ankles, and my left knee and left hip. Literally couldnt get out of bed to even use the bathroom basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    That sound more like a vasovagal reaction, you can get that from too much straining when you poop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflex...ovagal_syncope
    That's what my doctor said mine was. I had it happen after giving birth both times and after getting home when I rolled my ankle.

Vomiting with a chest drain attached. Solid 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know pain until I wrecked my sacroiliac joint. It's the muscle group in your hips/pelvis that your spine sits on, and is involved in basically everything above the knee, and below the neck. It crippled me for about 4 months and required daily PT to get back to functioning again. Early on though, it was either lay still, on my back, or endure excruciating pain just to do simple stuff like rolling onto my side. Sitting up was a 5-10 minute process with crutches or handholds, just to wait out the pain in my lower back and core.

Things like getting to my desk or bathroom was an hour+ adventure I had to plan my day around.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I've broken a couple bones, but both times I was in pure disbelief that it happened that it was more scary than painful. Probably the adrenaline + shock of it masked most the pain. Also I've had sharp metal shards stuck under my eyelid which was painful, but mostly just frustrating because there's no way I could get them out by myself. Worst personally is infected tooth pain waiting to see a dentist when I was a kid. 8/10.

An old RN friend said the worst she'd ever seen was someone ended up having a small bug stuck in their ear scratching on their eardrum so they ended up just bashing their head against the concrete floor to knock themselves out and stop the torture. I've never had anything make me want to do that, so that's probably the worst I've heard of besides people who like drink drain cleaner and start dissolving from the inside out.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    What's worst physical pain you ever felt in your life?
    I had part (joint upwards) of my right thumb squished of once to a degree that the doctors couldn't find any bigger remains of the bone any more and since there was no suitable amount of skin either they just put the rest together in cement in the hope it would grow together by itself. (said that they'll have amputate if it doesn't show any form of regeneration in the next 2 weeks)
    Well it grew back on, after a week I felt some noise in the tip that grew into extreme pain that ventured drown the whole arm and felt like being skinned with a hot knife. Had two whole weeks of no sleep until it got better. A kick to the balls is nothing compared to your nerves growing back into a destroyed limb. Took about 3 month until I was able to use the thumb again for slight pressure work.

Have you ever broken a bone, chipped a tooth?
    Nose broken, three times. Teeth are fine.

Follow up, what is the worst pain you can imagine?
    Burning to death likely.

Kicked in the nuts back when I was doing taekwon do.
    Broken finger when I was a kid.
    Conjonctivitis (took me by surprise I had no idea wtf was happening, I almost went insane and tore my eye out)
    Some day I got very random back pain that I could never explain. It hurt so much I puked everywhere and couldn't sleep for like 3 days. Eventually it stopped just as randomly as it started, never happened again since.

I've had testicular torsion, a horrible tooth abscess, broke part of my right arm, terrible Crohn's flare-ups that were pretty much an entire week straight of pain, got rear-ended by someone doing 80mph and spent three months with back and neck pain that still pops up now and then six years later, and been stabbed.

Kidney stone was easily the worst. None of the others had me rolling on the ground constantly whimpering like a bitch and trying not to cry. The kidney stone did have me doing that for four hours straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had my first ever kidney stone a couple months ago which was fun. And by fun I mean I wouldn't wish it on even the people I dislike a lot. Suffice to say it's not a good idea to be lax on keeping hydrated while on a protein heavy diet.

The pain started in my flank and I've had those many times before and chalked it up to muscles sore from the gym. It only went downhill from there and actually feeling the pain move downwards which was s big clue it was nephrolithiasis. The worst part was when it was in my bladder and I felt an overwhelmingly excruciating pain building it at the tip of of my genitals. I was nauseous and throwing up with there being some blood in the urine as well and there was a moment where my stream stopped midway altogether then suddenly unimaginable relief as the stone got passed.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Kidney stone.

/thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    Giving birth.
    Can't compete with that :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

15+ Year Old Account
    Dislocating my shoulder for the 7th time, followed by the 30 minute drive through rough country roads to get it re-set.

And before anyone asks, it was an up to 2hr wait for an Ambulance, like fuck that.
    Last edited by Jakerel; 2018-01-10 at 08:07 PM.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained