Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Heh, first pug run on my priest alt and I get Amanthul's. That stings a little.
    You mean on your new priest main.

13 trinkets on 10 toons, one ATV so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i waited months for deathbringers will. this is not exactly something new.
    I spent all my DKP from 2 months just to get normal one since HC one never dropped for us... but it was worth!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    You mean on your new priest main.
    Hahaha. Nah, just an alt that I'm playing on a different server with some casual friends.

Well I got 1 more trinket this week, so I'm down to 3/4 of my characters having it. Just my DK is out of luck still ... but the trinket isn't good enough to replace what I currently have until 985+ ilvl or so anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    The whole system sums up some feelings i've had about gearing this expansion. Getting something isn't a great "YES" moment, its overshadowed by constant feeling of not having something. I do not understand why its a random drop while it still has a system attached to upgrade it weekly. The quest was a perfect way of giving the first trinket to everyone and then offspec ones being random but no, they put the garbage legendary ring in there.

The whole pantheon system baffles me, now our group is at a point where the bonus is active in the raid so the people who do not have it feel even worse on a personal level. Such a poor design decision that to me at my most cynical looks like a system that's there to promote grinding the last boss of the expansion for months while making people who have it feel guilt if they stop playing before every single member of the raid has their trinkets. I am quite certain the designers of this also know that people are not enjoying the system but just like with a lot of trinkets, set bonuses and arcanocrystal in particular they are so fucking stubborn to change things for the better for the majority just in case someone who has gotten lucky early would be salty about it.

And can i just rant about that aswell, why are they so fucking afraid to change trinkets? They keep saying its bad if someone has 2 trinkets and the other one just becomes worse suddenly, then the trinket they vendored last week seems good again, this was the reasoning if i understood it right the last time it was answered by Ion. Who the fuck only carries 2 trinkets around? I play 4 characters and all of them have bags full of trinkets and while arcanocrystal for example would nerf 2 of my characters, they still have other trinkets that are usable. It would mean i dont have to fucking trinket lottery every week on the other 2. End rant.

edit: Also fuck the fact that some people get multiple ones before others get even 1 while being unable to use the 2nd one cause its not upgraded. Like choke on an omelette whoever thought this was a fun system.
    I get the impression that Blizzard has read too much research about how "random rewards promote addictive behavior" without realizing that a skill-based videogame doesn't correlate directly to slot machines. I think the kind of people who like and play WoW are not even the same type of people who get entertainment out of a random reward button (like a slot machine).

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    I get the impression that Blizzard has read too much research about how "random rewards promote addictive behavior" without realizing that a skill-based videogame doesn't correlate directly to slot machines. I think the kind of people who like and play WoW are not even the same type of people who get entertainment out of a random reward button (like a slot machine).
    Well given the way people shell out real money for boxes their other games which are 100% cosmetic, I'm guessing that they think completely different to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Well given the way people shell out real money for boxes their other games which are 100% cosmetic, I'm guessing that they think completely different to you.
    Good point. Do people also complain when they don't get what they want from a loot box, or is it less less of an issue because cosmetic rewards don't affect gameplay?

6 weeks clearing heroic and no trinket, meanwhile alts get it clearing normal on the first week. Blizzard pls.

Is this drop rate going up every week? I'm getting frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    6 weeks clearing heroic and no trinket, meanwhile alts get it clearing normal on the first week. Blizzard pls.

Yes it is going up, if you look the very first page of this thread you will see that Epic titants trinkets have increased drop chance. Today I got Norgannon's Trinket on my warlock alt, 6th kill.
    According to the creator of this thread,most likely the 9th week you will get a guaranteed drop. The Aman'Thul Vision trinket still stays as low as 0.09%

Deleted
    Just to note.

Got my healer pan trinket the first week of the raid opening.
    Tonight the caster dps one dropped - however i was in holy spec (and loot spec- I double checked) at the time.

So it seems that they can drop for your offspecs if you already have your main spec one, regardless of your loot settings.
    Last edited by mmoc67200545b5; 2018-01-10 at 11:52 PM.

Yes, if you look in the dungeon journal the caster and healing trinkets are listed as drops in healer spec, but not vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Yes, if you look in the dungeon journal the caster and healing trinkets are listed as drops in healer spec, but not vice versa
    Only if you're disc.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post

I feel the pain with ya buddy. 7 clears on normal, and I'm literally the only one in my entire raid group who doesn't have any Pantheon trinket... The worst part was last week 7 people in the raid got the trinket, which was the rest of the group besides me.

Deleted
    Argus Mythic down without a single one having Aman'Thul (one WL got it but not able to Progress), incredible good System...

I hate having this trinket - i would do anything to never get until i only get the legendary one. being forced to use it while not a single top guild and majority of parses dont even use it is extremely fucking annoying and absolutely kills my joy of raiding.

So far 6 Heroic kills for the Pantheon and no trinket yet Tonight will be my 7th Heroic kill maybe it will drop

Quote Originally Posted by Phig View Post
    So far 6 Heroic kills for the Pantheon and no trinket yet Tonight will be my 7th Heroic kill maybe it will drop
    Finally got mine, for the wrong spec... haha.

--- Update Jan 11, 2018: Added data for week 6-7 ---

These numbers include only characters who killed Argus the Unmaker every week and did not have the trinket before the latest observed week:
    (Error margin means confidence interval of 99% calculated using Agresti-Coull method)

Aman'Thul's Vision:
    Week 1: 10448 characters - 28 drops - Drop rate: 0.270% (error margin 0.162% - 0.437%)
    Week 2: 9729 characters -- 14 drops - Drop rate: 0.140% (error margin 0.068% - 0.288%)
    Week 3: 9210 characters --- 6 drops - Drop rate: 0.065% (error margin 0.016% - 0.185%)
    Week 4: 8440 characters --- 8 drops - Drop rate: 0.095% (error margin 0.032% - 0.237%)
    Week 5: 7757 characters --- 5 drops - Drop rate: 0.064% (error margin 0.012% - 0.203%)
    Week 6: 7426 characters --- 5 drops - Drop rate: 0.067% (error margin 0.012% - 0.212%)
    Week 7: 4750 characters --- 5 drops - Drop rate: 0.105% (only beginning of week data)

Other Pantheon trinket:
    Week 1: 10448 characters - 1776 drops - Drop rate: 17.0% (error margin 16.1% - 18.0%)
    Week 2: 8134 characters -- 1409 drops - Drop rate: 17.3% (error margin 16.3% - 18.4%)
    Week 3: 6345 characters -- 1338 drops - Drop rate: 21.1% (error margin 19.8% - 22.4%)
    Week 4: 4598 characters -- 1235 drops - Drop rate: 26.9% (error margin 25.2% - 28.6%)
    Week 5: 3068 characters -- 1076 drops - Drop rate: 35.1% (error margin 32.9% - 37.3%)
    Week 6: 1919 characters --- 909 drops - Drop rate: 47.4% (error margin 44.4% - 50.3%)
    Week 7: 706 characters ---- 440 drops - Drop rate: 62.3% (error margin 57.5% - 66.9%) (only beginning of week data)

Total amount of characters having a trinket after 7 weeks, from those 4772 who have killed Argus every week:
    0.57% has Aman'Thul's Vision now
    94.4% has epic Pantheon trinket now

Full spreadsheets:
    Drops for weeks 1-5
    Drops for weeks 6-7

------

Notes for week 6-7:
    Epic trinket drop rate continues to increase around 30% each week. I have also checked the off spec drop rate for those who can get more than 1 epic trinket, and it's been in 5-10% range each week, possibly slightly increasing but it's clearly lower than the drop rate for first trinket.

Deleted
    Wow being part of the last 5.6% of players that have no trinket feels really shitty....