Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Putting a gate behind allied races is silly. It also hurts brand new players to the game. I suspect blizzard will remove the requirements at some point.
    I seriously doubt that many of those "brand new players" you guys seem so fond of even exist, by now. After 14 years, I would expect anyone even remotely interested in this game would have tried it already, and then he/she would not be a brand new player anymore. Are you guys seriously convinced that people who never wanted to play WoW before suddenly changed their mind because of their burning desire to roll a Void Elf? C'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavin View Post
    I seriously doubt that many of those "brand new players" you guys seem so fond of even exist, by now. After 14 years, I would expect anyone even remotely interested in this game would have tried it already, and then he/she would not be a brand new player anymore. Are you guys seriously convinced that people who never wanted to play WoW before suddenly changed their mind because of their burning desire to roll a Void Elf? C'mon.
    Who it will hurt most are people who skipped Legion for whatever reason or quit before Argus and find BfA more appealing. Blizzard wants them to come back early or keep playing in the content drought. But still would bet the current PTR requirements are just for early access.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavin View Post
    Oh like those 4 million players that come back every expansion and leave after 4 months because they are satisfied??? THOSE players??? Now imagine 4 million players crying in forums in the BFA launch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    Oh like those 4 million players that come back every expansion and leave after 4 months because they are satisfied??? THOSE players??? Now imagine 4 million players crying in forums in the BFA launch.
    Those are returning players, not brand new players. Apples and oranges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Do you think it's a valid concern that you have to "unlock" allied races that are pitched as a perk of buying the BFA expansion? Like you would have to "unlock" a Demon Hunter, even though you bought the expansion it and it was pitched as a main feature.

ABSOLUTELY NOT! Buying an expansion doesn't mean they should automatically give you rights to all gameplay right away. That would be like complaining that they should give you Mythic raiding gear in BfA because you bought the expansion.

If they were doing something like cash shop race unlock, then I would frown on it, but having to play the game in order to unlock special items or privileges is 100% fine and is the core of what an MMO is supposed to be.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Bc introduced new classes- blood elves and dranei
    Wotlk brought a new race in the death knights
    Cataclysm gave us the new races of goblins and worgen
    Mop gave us the pandaren race, and the monk class
    WoD gave us updated player models and garrisons (a failure of an expansion for the most part)
    Legion gave us demon hunters

So BfA is the only expansion besides WoD not to give us the perk of a new race or class for buying the game. You should get certain features or perks for buying an expansion. That is the reason you get excited to buy an expansion, new stuff. This is a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    If you played Legion, you already have the requirements. If you haven't, it's new content.
    I disagree. If I never had a phone and buy a Nokia phone made in 2000, while it's "new" to me it's still an old phone compared to the current time. Players may be experiencing Legion for the first time, but the content is old compared to what they could be doing and progressing for.

I understand your reasoning here, but any player doing content outside of BfA when it's released is doing old content. That's always been the problem with World of Warcraft. A new expansion releases, and it virtually makes everything in the previous expansion worthless to current progression. It's always been like that, but for some reason they're making a large selling point of the new expansion a part of old content this time around with BfA.
    Last edited by Vorality; 2018-01-10 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I had to do a quest to get into Cataclysm zones. HOW DARE BLIZZARD MAKE ME BOTH BUY AN EXPANSION AND DO A QUEST (IN A GAME ABOUT QUESTING NO LESS!) TO ENJOY ITS CONTENT!
    That's completely different......

I have no issues doing the requirements now to unlock allied races, but I think in BFA those requirements - for the legion ones - needs to be removed or rethought. Brand new player comes to wow, odds are they are going to zerg through legion pretty quickly, like we do now in previous expansions. It'll just be redundent, especially the night-borne and Void elfs. How many players do you know that his the level cap in one expansion, stay there to do the content before moving onto the next expansion levelling zone? Can you really see a new player stopping to go to argus and do all that shizzle to rep grind? No. In the future possibly.

With BFA they just need to treat the new player base as, this happened which resulted in you being able to play this. Give everyone else a FoS, some pretty transmog or title or something.

The interesting part is that Blizzard is selling you product as if its contents were part of BfA, but in fact, it was from something you already bought. Think about previous races added into the game. When you bought those expansions, they would give you actual new content to play through and raise your character in the form of starting zones. Allied Races rehash content from a previous one while charging you for it.

Blizzard is cutting corners, making you pay more for less but people are still praising them while spitting "dur dur you want everything for free", "this entitled generation dur dur", etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiria View Post
    The interesting part is that Blizzard is selling you product as if its contents were part of BfA, but in fact, it was from something you already bought. Think about previous races added into the game. When you bought those expansions, they would give you actual new content to play through and raise your character in the form of starting zones. Allied Races rehash content from a previous one while charging you for it.

Blizzard is cutting corners, making you pay more for less but people are still praising them while spitting "dur dur you want everything for free", "this entitled generation dur dur", etc, etc.

Actually a great point

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemuron View Post
    Bc introduced new classes- blood elves and dranei
    Wotlk brought a new race in the death knights
    Cataclysm gave us the new races of goblins and worgen
    Mop gave us the pandaren race, and the monk class
    WoD gave us updated player models and garrisons (a failure of an expansion for the most part)
    Legion gave us demon hunters

So BfA is the only expansion besides WoD not to give us the perk of a new race or class for buying the game. You should get certain features or perks for buying an expansion. That is the reason you get excited to buy an expansion, new stuff. This is a joke.
    It is a filler expansion. Legion, Pandaland, and Wrath of the Lick King were high content expansions showing great work and effort put in with new systems and technology.

The first filler expansion was Cataclysm. Players got shafted hard on end game content. HOWEVER the expansion improved the old world so much it was quite a task.They simply had to do this to update the game. All that development time when to updating old content, basically almost redesigning new zones. End result was one of the worst end game expansions in history.

The next filler as we all know was Warlords. It is QUITE obvious looking back that Legion was where all the love, effort, and time went. Warlords gave us again little to nothing to do at end game except raid. If you were not raiding you were in your garrison. Hell your garrison even gave better gear than raiding at the beginning of the xpac.

Again I feel BFA is quite obviously going to be warlords 2.0. After giving players an amazing expansion in Legion they are going to give us a MEH one now. And honestly they most likely know this also. They are most likely right now having their A team work hard on the next expansion. If you did not know since the end of warlords the warcraft team has more than doubled in staff. They have enough to have 2 teams working at the same time on different expansions. We are probably getting the B team expansion now. And I am not done, remember when they said they were going to release an expansion every year but quickly ran away from that thought on the warlords disaster? That is quite literally because they have 2 teams now working on different expansions. My guess however is after noticing the disaster of warlords that they can not ship us a cheap quick expansion anymore. Instead they have the two teams work on 2 different expansions at the same time. The legion Devs are now hard at work on the old gods as we speak.

Imagine how batshit insane the old gods expansion is going to be after all of this is done. That is honestly where all the money and effort are going right now.
    Last edited by mmoc2d9bdf7f11; 2018-01-10 at 08:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeKillem View Post
    Nice try but it's not just cosmetic when they have different racials.
    Oooh, racials...so important!

I don't really see how the rep requirements for the allied races are that upsetting.

I mean, doesn't demon hunter require a level 70 character on a server in order to create one? Death Knights required a level 50-60 character as well, though I don't know if that requirement still remains. Besides, there is an easy workaround in that Blizz can just increase the rep you get from doing quests in the zone (I think exalted is a bit much; revered maybe is better) until you hit the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Livonya View Post
    Oooh, racials...so important!
    Not saying there important and I don't care if there locked but to call them just cosmetics is silly and racials automatically makes them not cosmetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Because it makes sense even to my dog. I don't think in Blizzard are so stupid to suppose that a new player, with 0 knowledge in WoW, can ALONE think about all the stuff to do for a race. Unless they do some sort of in-game guide but it's just absurd.

Again i think this rep requirements will stay until BfA launches. After the launch, the only race that will require some stuff will be Dark Iron and Zandalari. Probably, for the next expansion, Dark Iron and Zandalari requirements will be off too, and so on.
    It makes sense to not have any unlock requirements at all, that forces you to go back to the older expansion but that is not stopping Blizzard from having it in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It did. Because you just leveled a character to 55 (read: hours of game time in Vanilla) to play something else. Hm. Why does that sound familiar?

The system is a BfA feature. The four races are not. Wow, I wonder why all of their stuff is being completed as part of the 7.3.5 patch, and not being witheld for the 8.0 prepatch? It's almost like it's because these Legion groups of races that are involved in Legion content and being introduced in a Legion patch are part of Legion.

There is not one single person that isn't affiliated with Blizzard that knows that. No where does it say that LFD/HMT/VE/NB are even coming in 7.3.5. We all just assume that sometime over the course of the patch that they go live. And it's highly speculated that you need to buy BfA before you can unlock them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    I don't really see how the rep requirements for the allied races are that upsetting.

I mean, doesn't demon hunter require a level 70 character on a server in order to create one? Death Knights required a level 50-60 character as well, though I don't know if that requirement still remains. Besides, there is an easy workaround in that Blizz can just increase the rep you get from doing quests in the zone (I think exalted is a bit much; revered maybe is better) until you hit the mark.
    They're not a class. They're a race which so far prior to this Blizzard has just given to you as soon as you buy the expansion.
    Last edited by cfStatic; 2018-01-10 at 09:07 PM.

i bet the reputation requirement is just for 7.3.5 and early access, there is no way it is going to be part of the next expansion, considering how slow it is to earn exalted with army of the light. I bet there is just going to be a quest chain catch up somewhere in bfa at some lvl were you will be able to unlock new allied races. Its idiotic to think that the rep requirements are going to stay for bfa

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    That is hardly the same thing.
    You have to take your 120 level character back to do 110 content, hidden behind time gates in order to gain access to content you payed for.
    That is not same thing as leveling a character from scratch and it sure as heck is not the same as getting gear for free.

- - - Updated - - -

That might be the case yet Blizzard has not said so or at least no ones been able to link to that statement.
    1. not hidden by time gates
    2. these will be available before the expansion so again your wrong
    3. if someone wanted to make a dk in bc they would have to "go back" and do old content, leveling through bc again.
    so seriously. stop crying like a spoiled child

i bet you have like... 1500 acheivment points, cause you dont even play the game, you sit there begging people to carry you because you want to earn nothing yourself.
    "DUNGEONS ARE OLD I DONT WANNA DO MYTHIC PLUS, I WANNA DO ANTORUS NOW"
    dude your 820 ilvl, go do some mythic dungeons or some old raids
    "BUT THEY ARE OLD THATS STUPID, YOU'RE STUPID"
    Dude you havent even done any of legions raids
    'BUT THEY ARE OLD NOW, SO THEY ARE STUPID"

Seriously, how do you not get that

if someone has NOT DONE THE CONTENT it is NOT OLD TO THEM
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    3. if someone wanted to make a dk in bc they would have to "go back" and do old content, leveling through bc again.

i bet you have like... 1500 acheivment points, cause you dont even play the game, you sit there begging people to carry you because you want to earn nothing yourself.
    What is wrong with you? Who says stuff like this? Who cares about achievement points. It's a freaking game dude. You Sound like my 14 year old self making fun of my friends for only having 5,000 achievement points on the xbox 360. You do understand its a silly video game right? Its hopefully not your life achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

"DUNGEONS ARE OLD I DONT WANNA DO MYTHIC PLUS, I WANNA DO ANTORUS NOW"
    dude your 820 ilvl, go do some mythic dungeons or some old raids
    "BUT THEY ARE OLD THATS STUPID, YOU'RE STUPID"
    Dude you havent even done any of legions raids
    'BUT THEY ARE OLD NOW, SO THEY ARE STUPID"

Seriously, how do you not get that

if someone has NOT DONE THE CONTENT it is NOT OLD TO THEM
    Ah, yes. The personal insults. Acting like this will hold you back in life.
    In any case, this discussion is now over.