Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I feel like they're making a mistake trying to hype up tomorrows announcement. https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...uite_a_bit_of/

It'll only disappoint when they under deliver. We'll have to see what happens though.
    Mistake mistake mistake. Don't hype, it's what they've done with their prior ones and it blew up in their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    It's not about having no exotics. Play the game for a few weeks and you have dozen exotics to choose from. Maybe there is a "better" one, but again the difference is minimal.
    I didn't say there are a lack of exotics though, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    As for masterworks, sure they are very good weapons when they roll the raight trait, but this is in no relation to the time it would need to farm them when they drop with a very low chance and are literally the only upgrade that can drop.
    It's just the carrot is both too far away and too small.
    Roll the right trait? You mean the right Masterwork trait? And agreed, their drop rate is a bit too low to make them an attractive enough item type to grind for, but they're little more than a band-aid on the gaping wound that is the current gear system. They can't fix it or make it noticeably better, but they're better than nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Mistake mistake mistake. Don't hype, it's what they've done with their prior ones and it blew up in their faces.

I didn't say there are a lack of exotics though, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say?

Roll the right trait? You mean the right Masterwork trait? And agreed, their drop rate is a bit too low to make them an attractive enough item type to grind for, but they're little more than a band-aid on the gaping wound that is the current gear system. They can't fix it or make it noticeably better, but they're better than nothing.
    I would have liked to farm for 10 Masterwork Cores so I could make my Origin Story Masterwork. I honestly wouldn't even care about what stat it gave me. The weapon is already perfect for me, I just want it to generate orbs.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I would have liked to farm for 10 Masterwork Cores so I could make my Origin Story Masterwork. I honestly wouldn't even care about what stat it gave me. The weapon is already perfect for me, I just want it to generate orbs.
    Yeah, I want for my Ghost Primus so I can roll with Hardlight again as my energy weapon. But sadly I don't play anywhere near enough anymore so I only have a few of the pieces of the currency. Maybe by Season 3 I'll get that upgraded : P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I want for my Ghost Primus so I can roll with Hardlight again as my energy weapon. But sadly I don't play anywhere near enough anymore so I only have a few of the pieces of the currency. Maybe by Season 3 I'll get that upgraded : P
    I found the best drop rates were from PvP and the Raid. If you are into doing those things, you could end up with enough in a week.

I found the best drop rates were from PvP and the Raid. If you are into doing those things, you could end up with enough in a week.
    If I had a consistent group I might raid a bit more. Enjoyed getting carried through the first raid but 3-4 hours to clear was to much for my brittle old body nowadays (and damn it was stressful!), even if it was a good overall experience.

As for PvP...all the nopes that ever noped. Still haven't even finished the 2 matches of crucible on my Titan (which was an alt but became my main) because I so dislike PvP in this game.

I'm fine being a super casual PvE player though, not looking to push hard content or be "serious" or anything. I'm fine slowly tinkering away mostly doing my weekly milestones alone (when the heroic strikes actually give completion credit -_-).

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had a consistent group I might raid a bit more. Enjoyed getting carried through the first raid but 3-4 hours to clear was to much for my brittle old body nowadays (and damn it was stressful!), even if it was a good overall experience.

As for PvP...all the nopes that ever noped. Still haven't even finished the 2 matches of crucible on my Titan (which was an alt but became my main) because I so dislike PvP in this game.

I'm fine being a super casual PvE player though, not looking to push hard content or be "serious" or anything. I'm fine slowly tinkering away mostly doing my weekly milestones alone (when the heroic strikes actually give completion credit -_-).
    I feel you. This is why I haven't upgraded my weapons yet either. I am not a PvP fan, and I haven't been raiding since my clan has been off playing other games lately.

More than anything else the thing that contributed to power progression in destiny 1 was leveling up subclasses, gear and weapons. That was further broken down into what type of gear and weapons were upgraded. Upgrading touch of malice for oryx and sisters was amazing but sucked for everything else. Upgrading a weapon with firefly helped for a lot pve encounters whereas upgrading something like smallbore on a pvp weapon was more helpful for landing those consistent shots. And getting raid drops was even better especially since you had to progress those weapons to be able to kill oracles faster to run faster with your relic etc.

Either way, post TTK destiny had one thing down right: progression and through it the feeling of growing power. It's the one and probably one of the only things that's contributing so heavily to us feeling like there's little gains in power, little progression, little reason to do anything in the game.

Overall, it's clear that they tried to shift to a more "basic fps" model in just making gunplay matter, removing rpg elements like player progression and moving just about everything to cosmetics including armor. Again, removal of rpg elements like progression is the key reason the game lacks so much depth.

Fixes to current system:
    1. go back d1 model (not going to happen); still, add things that worked in d1 that are simple to add like strike scoring but with a leaderboard as well as heroic strike modifiers and loot and maybe even weapon/armor mods.
    2. expand on masterwork and mods by having raid and trial gear drop with more slots and increase the variety of the types of mods; add exotic mods and make legendary mods add true perks to weapons and armor
    3. Add more perks to ALL armor than just mobility, recovery, resilience; not just raid armor
    4. Add secret and more difficult ways to obtain certain named legendary gear as well as exotics; hide them in ikora's meditations
    5. Add a reason to care about events outside of just gear; look at how wow does faction pride and make large scale pvp battles and SRL based on wearing faction gear kind of like year 1 and 2 d1 iron banner

There's so much they CAN do and I know they'll eventually get around to it. Everyone just needs to realize it won't be happening until this September. Either way, for me, the game's not too bad. Between the underlying lore still present in adventures and the amazing music the game is something I'm happy to come back to a few days a week.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2018-01-11 at 01:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Welp its Dawn of the final Day. Will they pull their foot out their ass and make the game a full feature affair or try some shitty appeasement while still trying to double dip a season pass for bad dlc AND a predatory cash shop right out a mobage gacha game saying its both too hard to make content fast AND treat the game as a service that needs RMT's to get updates anyway?

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Welp its Dawn of the final Day. Will they pull their foot out their ass and make the game a full feature affair or try some shitty appeasement while still trying to double dip a season pass for bad dlc AND a predatory cash shop right out a mobage gacha game saying its both too hard to make content fast AND treat the game as a service that needs RMT's to get updates anyway?

Hope for the best, expect the worst.
    New event has already been datamined. It is the same crucible gameplay and eververse engrams.

-snip-
    Well, i still don't agree since i don't see scaling as a solution for content draught (because it's what is being used for) and i still feel that Destiny 2 does scaling in a REALLY bad way (again i don't feel more powerful at all, no matter the numbers because it takes the same time to get stuff done). Just picking an example, if open world isn't supposed to be challenging, why scaling it is even in place then - scale it so it's easy but not too easy? It simply doesn't play right.

Anyway, i can see your (and other people point).

I think i can make my point in a better (and hopefully more shared) way: scaling in the game is implemented in the wrong(est) way. It's not used to make more content relevant, but to cover for the fact endgame has very little meaningful content and "pad the numbers up". You can shoot at people in only a number of ways, so either they give us more places and more things to hoard or there's no carrot to pursue.

Maybe i just explained myself the wrong way. And i think you're perfectly right on one point - the whole gearing/itemization/class/build/reward structure is garbage.

In the end, i'm starting to think that while i still look at the scaling system and i cannot say it's good or implemented correctly, the biggest problems actually lie in what we get as rewards and how, and that's what is making people bored because there's very little to hunt for (masterwork weapons are a step in the right direction but that's it). And since shooting people is a very determined and limited playstyle, classes/builds should be much more robust in providing alternatives to gameplay.

EDIT: i should mention this, because it may have a lot of relevance (or not). I completely despise the fact that i literally cannot run Raid or Nightfall no matter how hard i try. Heroic strikes were a nice addition since at least now i can queue for some group activity since no one apparently plays anymore in my Clan.

I'd really like to test myself in Raid. But looking for a group is a pain, same for Nightfall.

And the few Nightfalls i did, it's just running with a sparrow till the last boss so everyone is ported there. What the fuck how in the hell something this shitty had make its way through the game. At this point, just put the last boss encounter and be done.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2018-01-11 at 10:50 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    EDIT: i should mention this, because it may have a lot of relevance (or not). I completely despise the fact that i literally cannot run Raid or Nightfall no matter how hard i try. Heroic strikes were a nice addition since at least now i can queue for some group activity since no one apparently plays anymore in my Clan.

I'd really like to test myself in Raid. But looking for a group is a pain, same for Nightfall.

And the few Nightfalls i did, it's just running with a sparrow till the last boss so everyone is ported there. What the fuck how in the hell something this shitty had make its way through the game. At this point, just put the last boss encounter and be done.
    I have said it since Destiny 1 and ill keep saying it.

Nightfall's and Raids should have a queable mode, Even if its just Normal Mode or a Destiny version of LFR. Guided Games was there halfassed attempt to have a middle ground between a Que system and them wanting people to "Find Clans bla bla bla". Guided Games does nether of those things and many people abuse the shit out of its report feature.

Hell I would likely still be playing D2 off and on If it had a LFR/Que system. But the "reward" isn't worth the headache in its current state so I don't.

Reward being in quotes because there is no fucken reward.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I have said it since Destiny 1 and ill keep saying it.

Nightfall's and Raids should have a queable mode, Even if its just Normal Mode or a Destiny version of LFR. Guided Games was there halfassed attempt to have a middle ground between a Que system and them wanting people to "Find Clans bla bla bla". Guided Games does nether of those things and many people abuse the shit out of its report feature.

Hell I would likely still be playing D2 off and on If it had a LFR/Que system. But the "reward" isn't worth the headache in its current state so I don't.

Reward being in quotes because there is no fucken reward.
    Well, Heroic Strikes are queuable but it takes quite a bunch of time - too much imho since there's no trinity or roles in game (so it's literally 3 random people -> start).

But again, most games in there are rushing with your sparrow to specific location/last boss - hell i want to shoot at people, not skip most of them. But DAT efficiency.

EDIT: is it possible to solo queue/solo heroic strikes? I'd just do that and have a fun time instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    EDIT: is it possible to solo queue/solo heroic strikes? I'd just do that and have a fun time instead.
    Don't think so no.

Before in Destiny 1 if I recall right u could click the strike and change its difficulty but that is something u can't do in Destiny 2.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    New event has already been datamined. It is the same crucible gameplay and eververse engrams.
    It was datamined to be the same, but dmg04 on the bungie forums said that there should be more information on changes to it today. We will see if they were honest or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of complaining about the same old shit all the time, don't you think it's time to move on to another game?

Anytime I pop into this thread to see what's up with the game, I see the same faces, complaining about the same things. It's happened since Destiny 1. Are you that person in an abusive relationship that can't leave?

How anybody could complain so much about a game, yet still play it, or just want to continuously talk about it, is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Instead of complaining about the same old shit all the time, don't you think it's time to move on to another game?

Anytime I pop into this thread to see what's up with the game, I see the same faces, complaining about the same things. It's happened since Destiny 1. Are you that person in an abusive relationship that can't leave?

How anybody could complain so much about a game, yet still play it, or just want to continuously talk about it, is beyond me.
    You missed where I said I'm not playing it until they make worthy changes. Today is the day they make such an announcement. If today's message from Bungie is a bunch of crap, then today will likely be the last day you see me posting in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

You could always throw those posters on ignore?

This is a forum. People are free to post where they want and how they want as long as it is within the rules of the site. Simple as that. That includes positive and critical posting.

Some people here are hoping Bungie wake up and smell the coffee and finally fix the glaring issues that the game has. Hence why they hang around. This is not an echo chamber for any form of one sided discussion. There has been plenty of positive and critical posting in this thread.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-11 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You missed where I said I'm not playing it until they make worthy changes. Today is the day they make such an announcement. If today's message from Bungie is a bunch of crap, then today will likely be the last day you see me posting in this thread.
    You missed the "or".

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You could always throw those posters on ignore?
    I'll never do that.

As for the announcement I'll be surprised if it's anything decent.

Probably just a few things that should have been in the game since Destiny 1. Like proper chat and grouping tools.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Oh boy... Eververse!

I'm still here because i ultimately like the game. I get mad when the gameplay is good but the rest of the systems are crap.

Hell it's looks like D3. I hope announcements will bring something worth and are just not on the line "we hear you, we will fix broken stuff". I want to hear "X doesn't work, we're going steps 1, 2 and 3 to fix it".