Poll: Which class will you ding first?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulatomten View Post
    What whould amount of time into the expansion matters in that question? Leveling took time and most of ous(most likely you too) were pretty god damn awful at the game. Not to mention everyone "wasted" alot of time doing "noob things" when you compare it today's standard.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200507060...m/winners.html
    Okay, your name here is on a list of the people who accuired the most honor during a certain amount of time. I whould have to assume that you posted that as proof to the sentence i wrote about you(not you specifically but everyone who played back then) being likely being awful at the game during that time. Which the list acually isn't able to show by the way. Classic PvP isn't about skill, it was presence dependent.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol its easy to see you never played vanilla

people had 1 character and a 2nd character was basically unheard of

unless you're counting the players who never reached max level and had a bunch of characters around level 20 quitting each character as it became too hard to level
    I had 4 characters leveled to 60 in vanilla, rogue, mage, warrior and paladin. You simply funnel gear and gold into your new characters and ask for dungeon boosts from guildies. It wasn't hard or unheard of. Well, ok, my rogue wasn't fully leveled by myself because i've been sharing account with a friend, but that isn't the case

- - - Updated - - -

you lie

39 other players are not going to gear your alts even if you did manage to get a 2nd character to 60
    They don't have an option to not do that because it's an officer alt
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

lol its easy to see you never played vanilla

people had 1 character and a 2nd character was basically unheard of

unless you're counting the players who never reached max level and had a bunch of characters around level 20 quitting each character as it became too hard to level
    So weird to read this from you.

Level-capping your char wasn't hard, it didn't take that long if you knew what to do either (basically, if WoW wasn't your first MMORPG), it took like 2-3 weeks w/o nolifing to get a char to lvl 60, it took MUCH less if you decided to nolife and acc-share.

Gearing max-level chars was a different story though, heck, even gearing my main was a PITA, I'd KMS if I had to do so more than once back then, although I quit after 1.9, hehe...

But there's no point in rushing to lvl 60 at the very beginning on your first char, you couldn't do anything at lvl 60 because there's not so many people who rushed too, so you had to wait for the rest to catch up >_>
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-01-10 at 08:32 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    If this is true, then I think we will see a healthy end game raiding community. We def could use some more shamans, priests and pallies, but I am mainly surprised by the druid. Many people tend to meme that druids were terrible healers and were only there for the brez.

Quote Originally Posted by NomCarver View Post
    If this is true, then I think we will see a healthy end game raiding community. We def could use some more shamans, priests and pallies, but I am mainly surprised by the druid. Many people tend to meme that druids were terrible healers and were only there for the brez.

All druids deep down play because ALAMO.

5+ Year Old Account
    Gonna have to do a coin flip between hunter and druid... Probs level a druid til level 20-30 and decide if the old low res forms are nostalgia enough to keep going

you lie

39 other players are not going to gear your alts even if you did manage to get a 2nd character to 60
    We re-cleared MC so many times it wasn't funny. If you played in a guild that didnt want thunderfurys its understandable that you don't get how much gear got sharded in that process.

ZG was a similar story- re-clearing it for those few clutch pieces- most drops went to the enchanters to shard... so alts of main raiders were always welcome.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

leveling was not part of the game it was a massive unbearable grind

most players made a choice to stop leveling their alts around 30 and make a new character rather then keep leveling that character to 60

did you play vanilla or are you some private server pretending he played vanilla

- - - Updated - - -

http://web.archive.org/web/200507060...m/winners.html
    It is clearly shitty private server experience... I was subbed throughout the whole vanilla and the amount of times I roll my eyes reading people say "well it was this way in vanilla" in these forums is too damn much. It is funny how they spew out BS with full confidence knowing they never played vanilla and basing their experience on some private server experience and feel entitled to it.

Deleted
    So many choices. Most of WoW including vanilla I've mained a priest, loved playing priest until Cataclysm (then class was ruined), so maybe will play it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    So many choices. Most of WoW including vanilla I've mained a priest, loved playing priest until Cataclysm (then class was ruined), so maybe will play it again.
    how was it ruined? I'm honestly curious as to what you think!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'd say I'm going to play either a shaman, paladin, or warlock.
    I do love the hunter quest lines tho.
    I got to level 46 on my hunter on LH and stopped because I'm honestly now just waiting for classic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Probably a hunter . Its easy to play, but hard to master, u need great skill to squeeze all of it

I'm surprised by how many people want to play druids. That class was a mess in classic, and by todays standards was probably very weak compared to other classes. I just remember leveling as resto and having to going bear form to kill everything and taking an eternity.

I'm not gonna play it. Better let the good memories stay good But good luck to everyone going back down the rabbit hole for nostalgia!

Deleted
    i think i'll give holy priest another bash.
    it was my original char in original vanilla & this time i'll know what to do from the off & maybe get another benediction staff while im at it

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    Gonna have to do a coin flip between hunter and druid... Probs level a druid til level 20-30 and decide if the old low res forms are nostalgia enough to keep going
    I think you should go Druid because in vanilla they are a blast. Hunters are quite difficult and getting a raid spot is difficult, but druids are always needed.

Leveling Druids is fun. Until 60, you will be in feral for questing and in dungeons you will be expected to tank/dps (if you put together some int gear you can heal just fine in feral too). The biggest issue is you will not have a rez like other classes. Rebirth has a long CD and takes a reagent, but it is a combat rez at least.

Looking at the Shaman/Paladin disparity, is that a look at the Horde-Alliance disparity or simply class disparity?

What will be the Hordie:Alliance ratio on these new servers, do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    When launch gets closer and we start getting server forums, I will be looking for a priest to level with my mage. disc/mage leveling allows for MUCH broader aoe farming. mages can only solo farm masses of melee mobs because they can kite them. but with a disc priest. a mage can farm nearly anything. meaning we could go to places that other mages won't be.
    Haha, oh you're in for a treat friend. The Classic experience will hit you and your friend in the face rather fast.

"Lets pull these 10 murlocs, you heal and I kite, easy street!"
    10 seconds later:
    Priest:"dude I'm oom, did 3 heals on you!"
    Mage:"me too, atleast we almost got one though!"

---

OT: I will relive my Rogue experience, not sure if I will go gnome or UD though. Depends on what faction the friend group decided to roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    I had most fun playing a frost mage in vanilla WoW, so frost mage it is. Maybe i'll make a rogue alt later, it was fun trolling people as a rogue.

Deleted
    war is the best class