Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    That is a possibility, but at that point (hopefully) the right and left (that are on the fringes) may actually see that they agree on one central problem. That government (in all but name) has been replaced by corporate interests.

So it could crash if there is a revolt, but people are (currently) too distracted, and divided. You can tell because even the (far) right is now splintering... and the left, with their identity politics, can't agree on anything either. If you keep pointing out differences, you tend to lose touch with what is *not* different.
    The problem with this is how long term the problems they create are. These are not quick issues to solve. Lets say everyone agreed tomorrow to do what you proposed. That would still be hundreds of years of work to correct without bloodshed.

There has yet to really be a large political upheaval without violence and I can see it as being the trend.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with how Google is doing this... all sites should be "fact checked". From the looks of it, I think the "extreme" parts will be segregated from society. Though this depends on law enforcement, and corporate control. Corporations are getting more powerful under both Democrats and Republicans, the unions unfortunately (I support good unions that actually care for the workers), lost. Corporate control is going to be the status quo. So you look at the corporate culture and try to figure which corporations are actually doing some good.

Apple/Google, etc have more money than some countries, they can buy politicians, and if needed security forces. I think shows like "Firefly" or "Dark Matter" have been about right where I see it currently going, if trends continue with corporate power over people's lives.

To see a good example of this:

[img]

How many brand images do you see? How much per day/hour are we bombarded with ad's, selling stuff we don't need. Patriotism has been replaced with consumerism... and even the right wants to consume.
    I think the urge to censor is an attempt to save a sying ideology. For ages the compact has been that sure we may lose nations, community, family, cultural distinctiveness, uniqueness, religion and pretty much everything that gave our lives any kind of meaning; BUTTTTT We would have nicer and nicer things. Now that that isn't even assured for the lionshare of people the sacrifices seem less and less worth it for a lot of people and thus the attraction to unOrthodox views on politics, religion, and the general serious answers to life.

Google does what it does IMHO from a place of abject fear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Everything you say is untrue, if you don't want me saying it, stop saying untrue things.

.... see how easy it is?
    That's not at all what is happening. They are being provided with proof of the lies that they are spouting off.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    There's no 2000 lies there. There are a some lies repeated many times. But still, cant see a full list showing all the moments he said all those lies.

So, it looks like made up statistics to me.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    That's not at all what is happening. They are being provided with proof of the lies that they are spouting off.
    Are they? I'd have to see evidence of their impartiality; because I've also seen evidence that their sources are not exactly unbiased fact checkers either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    There's no 2000 lies there. There are a some lies repeated many times. But still, cant see a full list showing all the moments he said all those lies.

google is hard

seriously is the concept of truth so lost nowdays? whoever said that everything is subjective?

where did all those relativist idiots spawn from? sorry but the earth is round, climate change is real and the bowling green masscre never happened, those are not matters of opinion and no matter how great number of idiots disagree it won't make the any less true, in the dark ages the majority of people believed that the earth was flat, does that altered reality in any way? or was it a matter of opinion?

there's a difference between freedom and chaos just as there's a difference between targeting political opinions and targeting people who lie and mislead in order to promote their political opinions

if we stop neo-nazis from spreading opinions about the genetical superiority of X race we do not 'censor an opinion' we stop people of vile intent spreading lies for personal gain while we also protect potential victims of discrimination should their lies be accepted as a 'valid opinion'

political opinion is to what degree (if any) the state should intervene with economy for instance, here there's no wrong and right answer, though both extremes probably lean towards wrong but that's still an opinion

'climate change is a chinese hoax' is not a political opinion, it's a stupid assesement at best or a dangerous lie at worse and since apparently there are people stupid enough to believe such a thing we need a fact checker for their protection, if despite the warning they still believe it well... some people are beyond help

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I see things getting more extreme overall @Connal,

This being primarily a function of a collapse in answers from the status quo ideologies. I see what Google ect are doing as being less about stopping mean ol' bigots but about the very real fact that the California Corporate culture, the kind of Neo-Liberal economic ideas, technocracy and Progressivism in social ideas is becoming at least 2/3rd stale and lacking many answers to deeper questions. The later bit suffers for it not appealing to everyone equally and tending to cause movements to schism.
    Its almost as if that culture has long since been corrupted and turned into an oligarchy that seeks to maintain its power. Its interesting that the progressive Silicon valley utopia has resulted in a situation where the big players spend most of their time suppressing innovation from smaller competitors. And for some reason, these monopolies are allowed to exist in a state where they can block real innovation.

The whole tree seems to be rotten to the core. The fact that so many ideological parasites now infest corporations like Google is a testament to this stagnation. If you had a truly competitive environment, do you believe that any of these companies could survive through making decisions based on an ideology that has nothing to do with their core business?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    In the same way that the left wants everyone who doesn't share their politics to be a Nazi, all sites that don't share their politics have to be Breitbart. There's never a gray area with them. And people wonder why centrists are being shoved to the right.

Breitbart is literally in that list...

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.823b2249d3f1

No wonder conservatives hate reality. It's biased against them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.823b2249d3f1

No wonder conservatives hate reality. It's biased against them.
    Is that why liberals keep saying Not My President despite Trump being their president if they are citizens of the US? I wonder who actually hates reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    how is that infraction worthy? i wonder about you mods sometimes, i really do.
    I wonder what their stance is.

Last edited by mmoced97bdb943; 2018-01-11 at 12:22 AM.

I mean I'd rather have biased fact checkers than no fact checkers. Still, ultimately it's up to people to be competent enough to stop listening to sources that regularly lie to them. No system can automate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    I wonder what their stance is.
    Google seems to think MMOC is the #1 Kim Jong-un fansite
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I dunno, it probably does that because conservative websites tend to prop up lies like Trickle Down, creationism, and climate change denial. Lefty sites only lie about "muh genders"

It's largely based on websites that tend to bias left so it's going to happen. It's only a matter of time until fox starts their own FactChecking(r) service and you'll see right-leaning bias in place on CNN, ABC, NBC, ShareBlue etc.

I can't think of too many examples off of the top of my head but one that I remember clearly was this: https://www.snopes.com/carson-hud-accounting-errors/

"HUD director Ben Carson found more than $500 billion in accounting errors at the federal agency."
    Rated: Mostly False
    Whats False: "The audit was initiated before Ben Carson assumed his position at HUD, and it reckons an aggregate figure of accounting errors and not an actual recovery of $500 billion in funds."

Except that, by their own admission, that wasn't even the claim. Ben was the one that reported it because he was the director at the time. There was also no claim to have recovered a single dime of it; just that an amount in excess of $500 billion can't be reconciled in their books. That $500 billion might have even been properly spent (although unlikely) and might even be less than $100 billion real dollars being moved around a lot. But because there's no record of where, how, who and how much they're just 'accounting errors'.

The rating of 'mostly false' is due to interpretation of what '$500 billion' in accounting errors is rather than how it's viewed in an audit. The HUD even reports that the actual real dollar amount is only a $3.4B discrepancy. I'm not going to get into whether $3.4B is a lot of money for a department with a budget of $33B as the discrepancy might go back several years.

But I fail to see how the claim is false let alone 'mostly false' without paraphrasing the claim into something that wasn't said based on perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    how is that infraction worthy?

i wonder about you mods sometimes, i really do.
    can't make fun of the left around here or be someone who supports the right.

as he was with the sarcasm

Thats true, but there is a big "but" in there. The poor in the west are not as bad off as the poor that existed during the, say French Revolution.

It would have to get close to being that bad to actually start a revolution with guns/weapons. And the law enforcement, that is now really militarized, is a lot better off than the law enforcement back then. They have drones, cameras with facial recognition, etc, etc... So bloodshed is a real possibility, but it depends how much of a "bone" the poor get thrown by the "rich". I think in the end, it will all be a class issue... the rich vs the poor. (you could argue that is all it has ever been)
    I see the arrival of a foreign power and power kicking it off. Social classes always have a role to play but I feel this sudden injection is going to kick it off. Of course the longer it takes the more it would appear I would be in the wrong.

I dont really know if we ever lived in a time as backwards as this. We despise truth so much we can no longer recognize reality without fear of persecution.

To sum up. We live in interesting time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    Is that why liberals keep saying Not My President despite Trump being their president if they are citizens of the US? I wonder who actually hates reality.

It's called nuance. The implication when people say that is that they do not see him as representing them. Only some nutjobs would give you a different name if asked for the 45th president of the US. They still follow the laws he signs, they still pay taxes. It is simply an expression of discontent with reality, not a flat rejection of it.
    And it is not new. Not two years ago, Hannity said the same thing about Obama and he was not alone with that. Heck, not even attempts to say that Trump is not the legitimate president would be new. That very man is a known birther, after all. Aside from some liberal posters here, most accept the reality as is. They might hope for Trump to leave office early, but that is their right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I dunno, it probably does that because conservative websites tend to prop up lies like Trickle Down, creationism, and climate change denial. Lefty sites only lie about "muh genders"
    Historically, the left is guilty of the worst atrocities when it comes to concealing information; like how they covered up the tens of millions dead under communism until the truth finally started coming out due to things like the Gulag Archipelago being published.

- - - Updated - - -

This is not just some people... this is the state of corporate america as a whole, you make more money by being libertarian. The Koch Brothers on the "right" are a good example. Economically they are conservative... culturally? They support gay marriage, etc... because they stand to make more money by being "open" to everyone. And have a bigger "pool" of people that will want to work for them.

Hollywood is the same... People who will do whatever (or whoever), for a buck.

This is consumer/capitalist culture... it is everywhere.
    Buying into consumerism requires a certain mindset. If you have too many people seeking to break free of that mindset, seeking to 'take the red pill', then a revolution will happen. There are reasons for people on both ends of the ideological spectrum to oppose the current order.

Always the victims conservatives. ALWAYS.

Maybe the liberal sites need fact checking too, but those conservative sites like the Federalist have been trying to make kid-fucking mainstreamed. I don't think Breitbart has ever posted a fact. So keep crying about your websites being labeled as fake, because wanting to fuck children and label minorities as genetically inferior goes against the values of most people.