Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I despise any mechanic that forces you to make small pulls like bursting and bolstering.

I think they shoudl change both mechanics so that the buff/defbuff from mobs dying scales with the mobs hp.

So that 8little imps whouldnt give as strong a debuff as 10 big mobs.
    And for bolstering the hp and dmg given to surrounding mobs should be proportionate to the amount of hp and dmg the mob had.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    Gotta love people who swear that their opinions are fact. "I don't like it so it should not exist!!!" Controlled dps is a viable mechanic, just not one you like.
    Are there really people out there liking the fact they play WoW to not play WoW, waiting 5 seconds after each 4-mobs for the healer to heal everyone before killing anything else ?

I guess those people are not DoT classes, most likely

Yes I hate it in pug groups, I hate it in pre guild groups. I just HATE it as a healer

Deleted
    Funny how many dmg meter padding dps-only players comment in this forum "I can't pad on trash gaaaaah, waaaaah! This should never happen gaaaah, waaaah! Remove this sh*t! It's a fact - not an opinion!".

In the voice of Nixxiom - "... yeah ...".

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    I despise any mechanic that forces you to make small pulls like bursting and bolstering.

I think they shoudl change both mechanics so that the buff/defbuff from mobs dying scales with the mobs hp.

So that 8little imps whouldnt give as strong a debuff as 10 big mobs.
    And for bolstering the hp and dmg given to surrounding mobs should be proportionate to the amount of hp and dmg the mob had.
    Bolstering isn't too bad. My group still pulls the same amount as any other Affix as long as there are not any non elite, or lower than most health mobs in a group.

Bursting just plane sucks asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I especially love DHT with Bursting. "Oh, there are oozes? Well, it turns out I'm an affliction warlock, so why don't I put some dots on this one... and that... and also seed! Hey, guys, what are you doing on the ground, timer's ticking!".
    If your Healer can't outheal the slimes you are doing it wrong. We always take the full slime packs but it's ez just pop personals nd healthstones if you have a lock, if personals are on CD on the next pack use healing CDs. If everything is on CD and your Healer can't outheal the stacks then simply don't pull all slimes... Pro tip, the slimes aren't all connected so you can pull roughly half the slime pack and kill them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Are there really people out there liking the fact they play WoW to not play WoW, waiting 5 seconds after each 4-mobs for the healer to heal everyone before killing anything else ?

I guess those people are not DoT classes, most likely
    I play both affli lock and holy priest, I have no problem with Bursting. If you can only outheal 4 stacks you should get a new Healer.

because we're like what, 7 months in with the new affix, and people still can't figure out that you can live through a 10 stack bursting with minimal amount of heals as long as you kill mobs within two seconds of each other to prevent a tick+ refresh. Only when your group is incompetent to this extend do you need to slow pull.

You can deal with half of the affixes very easily if you just treat them like a more powerful version of bolstering. All m+ affixes are there to fuck with you and slow you down unless you deal with them properly. Something as easy as Sanguine will slow you down significantly if you can't move mobs properly; it's just that it's easy to move mobs for the most part.

I would argue the only affix that really make you slowpull without a way around it is Explosive.
    Last edited by david0925; 2018-01-10 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I forgot 10% of your max health is different depending on difficulty. Oh wait, it's not.
    The dmg from the continuing ticks of bursting alone is not the problem in the fabulous solution people are suggesting by just keep pulling no matter what. It's the dmg from all the other shits added to it. Please, thinking further than that before making a stupid reply that makes yuo look like someone who never played the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by krl View Post
    Your perception of the M+ concept is not shared by the devs. The devs' opinion is that the entire concept of M+ is *adapting* to various, game-changing affixes. The opposite of rushing as fast as possible through brainless mob encounters.
    The devs don't decide what emergent gameplay is. People have been pushing to run dungeons as fast as possible since the dawn of time. Apes a million years ago were speed running dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    Gotta love people who swear that their opinions are fact. "I don't like it so it should not exist!!!" Controlled dps is a viable mechanic, just not one you like.
    Even worse are people who think that everything they see on the internet is an opinion cuz it's easier for them to deny it instead of learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grievous if I have to heal, Bursting if I dps/tank

Quote Originally Posted by Volendrung View Post
    I think explosive is the worst for PUG groups, imo.

Especially Teeming/Explosive... >.>
    This, by far.

7+ Year Old Account
    Grievous and Tyrannical.

I wish Tyrannical was called something else, specifically starting with the letter "g" so it can be called "gg affixes" since essentially the game beats you down so hard, why not add insult to injury with a "gg" at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    Funny how many dmg meter padding dps-only players comment in this forum "I can't pad on trash gaaaaah, waaaaah! This should never happen gaaaah, waaaah! Remove this sh*t! It's a fact - not an opinion!".

In the voice of Nixxiom - "... yeah ...".
    Do you really think for one moment healers enjoy bursting? Especially when you get groups who refuse to stop dps'ing to get up to 8-9 stacks and you're left panicking trying to make sure everyone stays up? I mean, we do have healers in here specifically talking about how much they hate healing it.

I can't tell which I hate more, bursting or grevious though, they're both awful.

As a DPS, explosive is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    If you're "waiting doing nothing" it means your tank and/or healer needs to be talked with. There is a multitude of ways to deal with bursting. Pull pack A, whittle, chainpull pack B, pack A dies, pack B dies right as the debuff from A falls off. Pop cds to overheal when something dies too quickly and the debuff starts inching into dangerous levels. Use personals. Use healthstones. It's a L2P issue and it's a fact you need to face.
    The timed nature of m+ makes "talking to the tank or healer" impossible.

Bursting is fine. It teaches people they cant and should not go full ham aoe dps tards on ads. I dont mind it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    The timed nature of m+ makes "talking to the tank or healer" impossible.
    If you strictly pug groups without a discord chat, yeah.

Personally I only really run with friends at high key levels because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    The dmg from the continuing ticks of bursting alone is not the problem in the fabulous solution people are suggesting by just keep pulling no matter what. It's the dmg from all the other shits added to it. Please, thinking further than that before making a stupid reply that makes yuo look like someone who never played the game.

- - - Updated - - -

The devs don't decide what emergent gameplay is. People have been pushing to run dungeons as fast as possible since the dawn of time. Apes a million years ago were speed running dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Even worse are people who think that everything they see on the internet is an opinion cuz it's easier for them to deny it instead of learning.
    You not liking something is the definition of an opinion. Something being bad is always subjective.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    There are plenty of well designed affixes that doesn't force players to stop playing. Sorry you don't know a single thing about game design, maybe you should work for Blizzard you would fit in well there.

- - - Updated - - -

Feel free to read the above comment and also apply for Blizzard while you're at it.
    Its amazing that all these horrible developers at Blizzard somehow managed to make games that dominate all of their genres. Maybe not HoTS, but then again the entire MOBA genre spawned from WCIII.

How do they keep messing up into this???

The only one that should be hated universally is Tyrannical. Its the only affix that makes certain keys impossible on weeks where they were possible the prior.
    Very poor design and I am hoping to see it removed or altered next expansion for sure.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    well as a healer i really like healing 15s with bursting. it gives me fun bursting with my pala/monk. but i used to like overflowing aswell as it gave me something to do when the dungeon is boring otherwise. loved healing those 15m shields between packs. yes I am a masochist. when we are playing as a guild grp we love killing everything and stress hour healers for fun. i dont like bolstering personally as it just slows down the pulls for no reason

I don't mind bursting, just wish it was a +7 modifier, not a +4. Simply because it does damage based on your total health, regardless if it is a +4 or a +20

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Grievous and Tyrannical.

I wish Tyrannical was called something else, specifically starting with the letter "g" so it can be called "gg affixes" since essentially the game beats you down so hard, why not add insult to injury with a "gg" at the end?
    Tyrannical on bosses that get a scaling damage modifier as part of their kit (such as Hyrja) is a real pain in the ass.