Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Having alts that have the freebie WQ every day is pretty great (I know of death knights and warlocks), as I can use that on WQs that reward anything from high gold value bacon to cosmetic fodder like BoA marks of honor and pet tokens. So far I'm only bothering to upgrade one horde and one alliance character to max as it's really not that lucrative, it's just a nice bonus. You get far more profit actually going out and doing profitable world quests with + to gold combat allies active. Like if you find a world quest that awards 700g, then you can do that on every one of your alts. The 500+1700g missions feel like pocket change by comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The entire point of order hall optimization is to make it so you DON'T have to bother going out and doing a bunch of stuff every day which is the direct opposite.

The idea is you spend a bunch of time at the start and spend literally the rest of the expansion just coasting on that work as if you do it correctly your alts become self sufficient enough that you never have to leave the halls.

Also the gold missions from order halls are a hell of a lot more common than high gold missions from WQs.
    Last edited by Spicycheeto; 2018-01-11 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Having alts that have the freebie WQ every day is pretty great (I know of death knights and warlocks), as I can use that on WQs that reward anything from high gold value bacon to cosmetic fodder like BoA marks of honor and pet tokens. So far I'm only bothering to upgrade one horde and one alliance character to max as it's really not that lucrative, it's just a nice bonus. You get far more profit actually going out and doing profitable world quests with + to gold combat allies active. Like if you find a world quest that awards 700g, then you can do that on every one of your alts. The 500+1700g missions feel like pocket change by comparison.
    Yes, and also a lot more time spent. Travel time alone adds up a lot if you cycle several alts and need to cover spread around WQ.

Also the order hall WQ autocomplete perk is cool, but has limitations: no elite quests (so like 80% of Argus is off limits), no demonic invasion quests, etc. Also I once used it on felwort and screwed myself because the quest reward is only 1 felwort, rest is for actually going there and looting it. At least from what you say it works on bacon.

P.S. Also I've noticed many "lucrative" gold WQ are the dungeon ones, and when you actually think of it, dungeon queue + completion time makes it really time inefficient to farm these on alts.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2018-01-11 at 04:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    i ll cash 2-5 gold missions/day a max8 min x11 toons= 22 - 55 gold missions 88min (if i log 4x/day) = (mission avg: 2,5k) 55000 - 137500g daily (close to passive) income, maintenance extra (OHR chests, Argus troops) 5 min/week and still doesnt include profession income (11 Skygolems, 4x Hexweave bags/week etc)

gold mission gold/time avg is on par with m+ sellruns (m+15 = 200k/4players/30 min = 50k/30min), only mythic raidslots r more lucrative (Mythic KJ 5 million)

also best use of WQ "freebie" items is BoS/OHR (1BoS = 200 OHR)

Deleted
    I use 30% time reduction, 25% time reduction, +50% success on <8hr missions across all champions. (using 6 champions with the 7th as a combat ally with +OHR equipment)

It's not 100% efficient, as I only hit 195% chance success on a couple of gold missions, and it's terrible for command centre missions (if that's your bag), but it's quick and easy. No need to filter or work out follower equipment, just make em all the same and get to it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    YAlso the order hall WQ autocomplete perk is cool, but has limitations: no elite quests (so like 80% of Argus is off limits), no demonic invasion quests, etc. .
    use them on high blood of sargeras (5-6) quests or high resources quest (700+)

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I use them on PVP transmog/BoA over BOS and resources, but that's just because it's the only place to get them and I collect transmog.

One key to remember is that you can use the insta-complete on tradeskill quests, and those fairly frequently reward 10 BOS. So make sure alts have both professions set to crafting- Ench/Eng seem to give me the most BOS personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    Exactly, the 6 instant WQ completes are used to generate resources so you don't have to actually play your characters to continue running missions, not to make money themselves.

Earlier in the thread we were talking about diminishing returns on the Argus missions. There aren't any. I now have six of my 110s Argus-complete with 950 followers, and my revenue has increased from previously ~20-25k/day to now ~30-35k/day. So that's definitely worth doing.

Got to say the Argus quests get seriously old after the third or fourth time you go through them, though.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicycheeto View Post
    The entire point of order hall optimization is to make it so you DON'T have to bother going out and doing a bunch of stuff every day which is the direct opposite.

The idea is you spend a bunch of time at the start and spend literally the rest of the expansion just coasting on that work as if you do it correctly your alts become self sufficient enough that you never have to leave the halls.

Also the gold missions from order halls are a hell of a lot more common than high gold missions from WQs.
    This is the best summarization of how I feel about it all. Yes, you can do other shit and make more gold. But alot of the ideas being suggested are absolutely horrendous when it comes to personal appeal for me. For instabce, someone suggested a 700g wq being done on multiple toons. On 12 toons, that comes out to 8400g or so. In the same time that it would take to do 12 toons, I could sell a single Mythic+ carry, and make 4-5x that
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I don't bother with any WQs aside from auto completes unless it's something you'd be absolutely stupid to pass up like the 6 blood WQ on the broken shore where all you do is spam water bolts at the demons and to be honest I even stopped doing that one after about the 11th or 12th character. I generate so many bloods on the average day I have close to 50 reserve 4k resource caches sitting on my bank alt so I could probably even chill on them for a week and still be fine. Once you get to 950 and all you're doing is cycling 100-200 resource missions those caches basically just let you coast for a week or two.

I'm not interested in squeezing literally every copper out of this game because quite frankly I already have a big enough problem finding things to spend the gold I currently have on and most of what I do I manage outside of the game anyway so the less time I have to spend logged in doing tedious shit to make an extra buck instead of just coasting on the work I've done to this point is preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Got to say the Argus quests get seriously old after the third or fourth time you go through them, though.
    As someone who has done this on like 20 alts so far you just get numb to it after a while. Kinda like how after 250+ attempts before I got Mim's head I just stopped hearing all the shitty RP. My brain is basically just conditioned to go "oh hey we killed the big void dude and got his heart yay I'm done onto the next"
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2018-01-16 at 10:00 PM.

20... dear God.

I find MMO forums really gratifying, because no matter how shamefully I grind, there's always someone who blows me right off the map!

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    20... dear God.

I find MMO forums really gratifying, because no matter how shamefully I grind, there's always someone who blows me right off the map!
    And I took the same solace when some dude on r/woweconomy said he has 100 tailors spread across 3 accounts.

What I've learned in the 13 years I've played this game is as neckbeardy as I think I get at times in this game there is someone a hundred times worse.

Deleted
    You don't mute and put someone else in the background like an audiobook/podcast?

So apparently Order hall missions are super fucked right now. In-game missions showing the wrong counters and the app shows the correct ones.

I've got missions claiming 200% and then when you send it out it's like 129%. I've lost close to 60k this week from this stupid bullshit.

It is absolutely astounding how badly 7.3.5 has turned out so far. Jesus christ.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2018-01-21 at 11:34 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    So apparently Order hall missions are super fucked right now. In-game missions showing the wrong counters and the app shows the correct ones.

I've got missions claiming 200% and then when you send it out it's like 129%. I've lost close to 60k this week from this stupid bullshit.

It is absolutely astounding how badly 7.3.5 has turned out so far. Jesus christ.
    I've encountered this exactly 0 times so far.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Well here's an example. Let's play "What's wrong with this picture"

In game:https://imgur.com/cuqLXSS
    In app:https://imgur.com/pMp09PW

I'm amazed at how many different ways Blizzard can fuck things up.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Are you using some addon to queue missions? Maybe an error in the addon calculation might be the real reason you get this kind of bugs.
    I never encountered this issue but then again I queued maybe one mission in-game since 7.3.5. The Legion App is so much faster when you have multiple alts since game takes a good 10-15 seconds to download data after PLAYER_LOGIN and I don't always log out my alts in the Order Hall

I have had a 1-2 missions fail on my newest alt while I was pretty sure they were send out at over 100%.
    Well, that would be incredibly annoying.

(and no I dont use any addons that interact with the mission screen.)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Well here's an example. Let's play "What's wrong with this picture"

In game:https://imgur.com/cuqLXSS
    In app:https://imgur.com/pMp09PW

I'm amazed at how many different ways Blizzard can fuck things up.
    Um i might be missing something but whats the problem ?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

used the app most of the time and i didn't getb of any what you guys said ôo