Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferledon View Post
    Or, how about a Transmog Top Hat, that is Shining gold! for 10m gold.

A Gold Cap, for the price of the gold cap!
    omfg... @Blizzard - please make this happen

<3

On Topic: I think they will likely add another mount/pet/toy in B4A for likely about triple what it is now

I'd guess 1.5M for the toy, 3M for the pet, and 6M for the mount

It will probably be something extremely low key and cool like the spider mount

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    No, you couldn't. Making up stats doesn't help prove your point.
    Just because you did not take advantage of the Gold influx doesn't mean everyone else did not. I could give a rats ass if you don't believe me. Fact is Blizzard acknowledged it, and had to do something about the Gold Cap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    He's talking about removing gold from the economy. If Player A buys something from Player B that gold still exists in the economy. However, if Player A buys something from a vendor that gold is removed from the game entirely
    Exactly. This is the reason why BMAH does not work well as a gold sink. If 1 item sells for 10 millions and 19 more people could have bought it for 2 millions, but lose the bid, then you only remove 10 millions, compared to 40 millions if you set the buyout price at 2 millions and provide more of the same item.

Rarity is not even imporant anymore with these things. You get new shinies every expansion.

Please no.

I worked hard for my gold, stop sinking it! :S

Well I didn't really work hard, but I have it and I want it and it's mine so there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I hope so, I could use another gold sink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    When I consider buying the Lightforged warframe for example I think that mount is 50 dollars and then I don't buy it. The idea of gold = money makes me not want to spend any gold. If people see a mount for 10 million, it would essentially be (if $20 = 160k gold => $1250.. Who would buy a mount for $1,250??
    You have a point here, but I value my time more than I value gold in-game. I need to work about 15 minutes to get the monthly game time paid. And I rather do things I enjoy in the game and accumulate gold along the way. Though as an altoholic with 12 characters I surely get some thousands of gold per character via OH missions per week. Also got some millions in WoD in my Garrisons. And I already spent some millions on mounts (epic spectral tiger for 1 mio in the AH before increased gold cap, 2 millions on the spider mount, etc.) I could probably buy another TCG mount or two, but the usual suspects don't look that good and I am already nearing the 350 mount cap if they include another mount achievement.

I also don't buy many things on the AH. Biggest expenses for me in the last weeks have been the buff runes from Argus, and some crafted items (Argus patterns) to buff my alt's item levels for mage towers. And I still accumulate gold, just a bit slower.

Id buy the damn thing, if it wasnt for my extreme Arachnophobia...
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micka Steelspark View Post
    Wouldnt pay that much for a ladybug mount, but def a crab mount.
    5milion for a ghost crab!

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion a better gold sink would be around 5-6M.

2M is just above pocket change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    In my opinion a better gold sink would be around 5-6M.

2M is just above pocket change.
    I'd settle with 4-5M, but I probably will not spend the gold if the mount is ugly. While I have a very mild form of arachnophobia (I don't want to touch spiders except the little baby ones), I found the spider mount extraordinary cool (love the jump animations). Though it not having any utility value was a huge minus.

For a more expensive mount I would expect access to your bank storage or something like that (since the Argentum squire with upgrade has a long CD on his special functionalities), or a specific bonus in terms of movement (like the spider should have been able to crawl up walls and things, but unfortunately did not). For an expansion with another long delay of flying, a mount with gliding ability would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    It does remove 2 mil from the server. Granted, thats just a drop in the bucket now.

Honestly, if blizz REALLY wanted to drain servers of gold, they'd just up the popularity of the BMAH. I barely even check it nowadays because almost nothing is EVER on there, and if there is, its a pet or some shit. Up it to like 10 items, with a constant rotation, and you see inflation go way down.
    Ding ding ding, BINGO right here. The BMAH is a giant swing and a miss.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would just like the next gold sink, whatever it is, to have some utility.
    I bought the yak in mop because of the xmog/vendor, same with the mammoth in wrath (vendors).
    The next gold sink should at least be a 2person mount or bring something interesting to the table with it instead of being like the spider (ground only, no utility).
    But odds are if another gets implemented, it will be boring.

PS with the spider, they should have given it the ability to wall walk or something.
    I mean, it IS a spider after all, and it's freakin' huge, so the weight of our armored bodies shouldn't drag it down THAT much.
    Just disable wall walk in instanced pvp and let me go ham with it in the world.
    I mean, we fly everywhere anyway, so what's the harm?

Alex did hint at the Frog Loa being able to give us access to a frog mount. Could that be it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svad1287 View Post
    Id buy the damn thing, if it wasnt for my extreme Arachnophobia...
    Buy it. It's been proven that prolonged exposure to the source of a phobia can eventually cure that phobia.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    people who have the gold to buy the spider dont lose money. please stop spreading this superstition. tia
    yeah, you right, i did 3 million gold in 2month and half with only gold mission with my 12 characters, waiting to really have a lot of millions before buying it to make sur i dont go under the 7 digit gold, will certainly finish legion with 10m+ so the 2 m on it is not really a gold sink

I hope we will see something actual useful as goldsink again (like the yak or fast flying).
    Cosmetic only is not enough to cost that much IMO.

I like spiders but not as a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Unlikely the bump up the gold cap again or at least not anytime soon. They can only go so high with the price too and not look like crazy greedy bastards as it is. Gold has a dollar/eruo amount linked to it now thanks to the token. Just the spider mount is just under 260 dollars and 160 euros if you bought all the gold. People think cash shop prices are bad you could buy all the cash shop mounts for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Luckily they did the mock art in the 80s
    Now that's what i'm talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    2.5m Ladybug mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micka Steelspark View Post
    Wouldnt pay that much for a ladybug mount, but def a crab mount.
    I would sell a kidney for a ladybug mount.

Not one of my own, mind you.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Deleted
    How do you people even have this amounts of gold...