Poll: What's your highest level of education completed?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Did a bachelors, started on a master 2year program but jumped off 6months in as i got the job i wanted.

6 Year Masters. And if stop studying for a phd is cos i want to spend more time with my family.

Have an AS in Information Systems, working on my BS in BIT now. I work as an IT Analyst for a large manufacturing company mostly as application support though I have to dabble in network and database support as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Authary View Post
    PhD in computer science.
    If I could go back I'd study pure mathematics instead. It's the same but the field isn't parasited by engineering parading as """applied research""".
    too much truth in this. In the process of wrapping up my PhD in CS as well, and then try and somehow take the curve into physics research >_<

Got a 2.0 Honours Bachelor's Degree in Software and Hardware Engineering [aka Computer Science], 2 decades ago... to the persuasion of others telling me to take it up.

Absolutely hated it, honestly regret getting into it... should've gone in a Biology related direction instead.

5 years bachelor degree, that is my training
    about to spend the next 5 years learning a new language

Master's degree. Graduated back in 2006. Wow, that was a long time ago. Thought about getting a PhD but I don't have the luxury to take time off work completely for at least five years. I can get grants and subsidized costs but that's not enough. The wife works but then we'd have to go back to a one-income household and that was ... tough.

But I do love learning and the university/college environment. I'll probably do certificates and whatnot.

I've completed a bachelor's, so I selected that, but I am actively working towards my PhD.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    Studied literature, getting my master's in clinical psychology this year, and am currently in med school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a high school graduate.

I'd love to further my education but I just find it hard to justify getting in tens of thousands of dollars in debt just to get some piece of paper confirming that I'm smart enough to do a thing yet I'm still working in a grocery store scanning barcodes all day. My bank account is pretty healthy right now so I don't want to ruin that just to go out and get that piece of paper. I understand the benefits of a college degree but at what cost?

I don't know. I have plans to go to this community college near me to get into the IT field after I pay off my car. That's the plan right now but I'm still not 100% sure about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    4 years bachelors for a dumb degree (game art and design) from a terrible school (Westwood College) that I would never wish upon anyone. Was so bad it got shut down a year ago or something. Was easily the biggest mistake of my life and I regret it every day.

Not doing anything with the degree and currently in student loan debt. Doesn't even matter because during attending I suffered a really bad blood clot in my leg due to a blood disorder I didn't know I had until then and caused irreversible damage to my leg and now I'm in pain 24/7 and can't stand/walk/sit for extended periods of time. Took me roughly 9 years for my bachelors due to constantly taking breaks due to depression. Now I get disability, live at home at 32 yrs old next month, battle crippling depression every day, and lack motivation to do anything besides waste time on my computer playing games because it's the only thing that distracts me from everything else. Have absolutely no rl friends except for my gf of three years that I somehow manage to have, but who is currently expressing frustration that I don't work and will probably be leaving me shortly. Don't know why I even typed any of this whee.
    I hope you get all the help you need. Mentally, physically, emotionally.
    I hope you can find joy in your life too. Even if its in these silly games we play.
    Do the best you can with what you have. I wish you good luck, and hope you can find happiness. I really do.

-Stranger on the internet
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IronCorvus View Post
    Magisterium in pedagogics in social and cultural animation (it encompases basic psychology, sociology, psychiatry and pedagogics and the development of societaly beneficial programmes), in english nomenclature its is a masters degree level education.
    My degree isn't high enough to even understand what you just said lol.

I graduated HS, and that's about it. Granted, that appears to be more than what a lot of people now a days can say. Y'know, people in my home town dropped out of school because their fathers needed help on their farm, or they had to start working to support the family. Now kids drop out of school because oh noes /emo people don't like me, or because they think the lessons are too hard (which is laughable lately), or any number of selfish, frankly stupid reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a law degree myself. Been working as a lawyer for the last year at the public defenders office. Helping those who need it the most in our justice system.
    It wasn't my first choice though, I planned to get a 4 year degree and join the army...which I did. Then I was medically discharged and had to figure out what to do with my life. The only thing I would change is the brain tumor I got. I wouldn't be a lawyer, but I'd be in the Army. Or I might be dead from war. Nonetheless, I loved the time in the Army, and I love what I do now. With a little help from the government, my loans might be paid off in the next 9 years. I'll still be a relatively young man then, and hope to still be helping people through the law.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Hmmm, you are more likely to be banned on MMO champ if you specifically have a 4 year bachelors than any other level of education.

But what does it mean?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    4 years bachelors for a dumb degree (game art and design) from a terrible school (Westwood College) that I would never wish upon anyone. Was so bad it got shut down a year ago or something. Was easily the biggest mistake of my life and I regret it every day.

Not doing anything with the degree and currently in student loan debt. Doesn't even matter because during attending I suffered a really bad blood clot in my leg due to a blood disorder I didn't know I had until then and caused irreversible damage to my leg and now I'm in pain 24/7 and can't stand/walk/sit for extended periods of time. Took me roughly 9 years for my bachelors due to constantly taking breaks due to depression. Now I get disability, live at home at 32 yrs old next month, battle crippling depression every day, and lack motivation to do anything besides waste time on my computer playing games because it's the only thing that distracts me from everything else. Have absolutely no rl friends except for my gf of three years that I somehow manage to have, but who is currently expressing frustration that I don't work and will probably be leaving me shortly. Don't know why I even typed any of this whee.
    You sound like a bunch of people I know who were all so sure that since they played Videogames all their lives that they could suddenly become a Video Game designer but realised after they had finished that it was a saturated market and that most people who think they will be successful at making games actually suck major ass at it.

I am qualified in Commercial Cookery, Security, Dangerous Goods handling, Logistics and have Tickets to operate Different Types of Machinery and legally work in dangerous Areas.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2018-01-11 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a GNVQ and National Diploma and a Bachelors degree. All of which fall under Art, Graphic Design and Animation :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by New sauce boy View Post
    Just a high school graduate.

I'd love to further my education but I just find it hard to justify getting in tens of thousands of dollars in debt just to get some piece of paper confirming that I'm smart enough to do a thing yet I'm still working in a grocery store scanning barcodes all day. My bank account is pretty healthy right now so I don't want to ruin that just to go out and get that piece of paper. I understand the benefits of a college degree but at what cost?

I don't know. I have plans to go to this community college near me to get into the IT field after I pay off my car. That's the plan right now but I'm still not 100% sure about it.
    There is such a thing as grants. I go to school parttime and 100% is paid. go full time and it will cost you. it may take me years to get my degree but free is free I've done one class at a time and 2 classes at a time i'm half way there

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now I have an associates degree in Computer IT but switched and am now a semester away from my Bachelors in science

I'll may go for a graduate degree but like 10 years from now
    Last edited by Dug; 2018-01-11 at 07:16 PM.

Bachelor of Electrical/Electronic Engineering.

I started in an Associated Program for Automotive service, was basically teaching the class for the teacher and was completely un-challenged. So I transferred to a State College and started in Automotive Engineering having wasted a year at the tech school it took me 5 years to complete my BS in Engineering and also got a minor in Manufacturing Engineering. I am now partner in my family's business building High performance Engines and Hot Rods. Basically looking back at it going to school was one of the biggest wastes of time I literally knew everything in my major classes that I learned since I grew up around it and was involved with the business since childhood. If I could go back I'd just start working and save the debt, even though it was only $10,000.00 I had to borrow.