Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Nothing like some good PR after years of treating employees like shit. They make hundreds of billions a year and because they get a few billion this year suddenly the tax bill is the reason. That's some hilarity if I've ever seen it. "Oh, we were so poor, we couldn't give them bonuses until the tax cut brought our earnings from a measly $120 billion to $124 billion. There's no way you can pay people extra with $120 billion."
    I am sure if you are a Walmart employee and it is your best choice for your area of employment, it is welcome news. Just because you get no benefit from it, just means you want to go on a political rant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    This coming from the person who wants to know how lowering taxes increases profits. LOL
    This coming from the person who wants to lecture others on context.

You wrote "Lowering the tax burden and raising the potential profits" that word there make them two different points. So either you don't understand the question, can't read or think lowering taxes is only potentially increasing profits despite writing the above. So which is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It's like when they proudly announced they would start hiring more veterans, while leaving out that they were doing that because they didn't need to provide them health care coverage under Obamacare.

But on subject, why are all bonuses because of the tax plan, but all the layoffs aren't?
    What's even funnier is that under a dozen businesses do the right thing and people act like the tax plan is the best thing in the world when there are hundreds of others that won't do what's right. Sorry but when the score is 224 - 12 you don't get to sit there and applaud yourself 'cause you made 12 points.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    it is welcome news.
    Is it? I don't know if you realize this but what you are doing is showing that companies are only giving their works the tiniest fraction of benefit from the bill, and often times that is being done in a one-time only format.

What this is doing, which you seemingly don't realize, is proving the point that the benefits from this bill that the GOP claimed won't occur. This bill won't trickle down the money invested, which means the economic growth won't happen as anticipated, which means the bill won't pay for itself and balloon the deficit.

You don't even realize in your rush to gloat that companies are giving benefits to their employees you are actually proving the Dem talking points (mostly) right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    *$1000 bonus to employees with at least 20 years of service.

And why are we pretending this isn't a response to Target doing the same thing prior to the tax cut? Oh, I know why. It's because you're cherrypicking things to make your point instead of understanding the entire context of an article you linked.
    You libcucks are just triggered that Trump is so awesome! MAGA! #winning

*Makes jerk off motion, makes no real argument, and walks away*

/s
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Is it? I don't know if you realize this but what you are doing is showing that companies are only giving their works the tiniest fraction of benefit from the bill, and often times that is being done in a one-time only format.

What this is doing, which you seemingly don't realize, is proving the point that the benefits from this bill that the GOP claimed won't occur. This bill won't trickle down the money invested, which means the economic growth won't happen as anticipated, which means the bill won't pay for itself and balloon the deficit.

You don't even realize in your rush to gloat that companies are giving benefits to their employees you are actually proving the Dem talking points (mostly) right.
    I realize one thing. You Trump haters are upset his tax plan is showing positive results so early. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    This coming from the person who wants to lecture others on context.

You wrote "Lowering the tax burden and raising the potential profits" that word there make them two different points. So either you don't understand the question, can't read or think lowering taxes is only potentially increasing profits despite writing the above. So which is it?

Man you really are desparate to shitpost today. Thanks for admitting that you were wrong though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I realize one thing. You Trump haters are upset his tax plan is showing positive results so early. lol!
    Read the bill yet? Or still just blindly supporting your waffu?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    So...you have no legitimate response then. Gonna be painful when the full effects of this are realized and it blows up in your face.

EDIT -- just so we're crystal clear -- I'm pleased that corporations are at least giving something to their workers. The problem, as always, has been the long term affects of this bill -- which will require long term permanent improvements in worker's salaries to mitigate the tax cuts expiring for all but the rich and corporations. All indications thus far are that companies aren't doing that which will not only cause people to earn less in the long run (causing take home pay deflation) but also will not cause the economic stimulus required to make the bill financially viable.

Your immature gloating just shows the extreme shortsightedness that cost the Dems their political power in 2016. Enjoy your fall.
    Last edited by Lenonis; 2018-01-11 at 04:02 PM.

I am sure if you are a Walmart employee and it is your best choice for your area of employment, it is welcome news. Just because you get no benefit from it, just means you want to go on a political rant.
    I know this looks bad on me, but fuck I couldn't care less about me so who the fuck cares anyways, but I have a job that already treats me like Wal-Mart. My current boss owes me $700 and I haven't worked since August thanks to an "extended vacation" to be paid back, so why would I go to work for Wal-Mart to do the same fucking thing? Jesus Christ, I'd rather be a crash test dummy, at least then you get dental.

Look at this lady thinking I work in a place that actually pays. Clearly madam you never met me, 'cause I'm a piece of shit, lol. Good for you, you got a point on the board while hundreds of other businesses still fuck us over, but I guess we should applaud the less than a dozen places doing it. Sorry, but your dozen businesses doing right doesn't make up for the hundreds that don't. Hell, some of those doing the right thing are just giving one time bonuses, that's like the participation trophy of getting paid.

You actually tried to insult me, lol. Lady, you gotta come up with far better insults. Holy shit, it's hilarious. Wrong choice, Joyce.

Come back when you explain the hundreds of other businesses not increasing wages and only giving bonuses to executives and doing share buybacks.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    *$1000 bonus to employees with at least 20 years of service.

And why are we pretending this isn't a response to Target doing the same thing prior to the tax cut? Oh, I know why. It's because you're cherrypicking things to make your point instead of understanding the entire context of an article you linked.
    $50 bonus per year of service. Yay...

Yeah guys, those dozen businesses gave bonuses, definitely don't pay attention to the hundreds that don't, 'cause the tax plan is like golf, the lower the score the better you do.

Sorry, but hundreds > dozen.

So it cost $3-7 trillion over a decade, so lets take a best case of $300 billion a year.

A million workers got between $1000 and $3000, so lets give it a best case of $3000 each, and assume they wouldn't have got one anyway because you know, it's fucking Christmas. Hell, we can even assume they get it every year. So that's $3 billion a year.

The eagle eyed of you may have noticed that those two numbers are not the same. One is quite a lot smaller than the other. He's sure made America great again.

If you've never heard of that site before it's run by Salem Media Group, a group of right wing Christian fundamentalists. With the emphasis on "mentalists".

Weak. Shit.

Support your argument with something. Just try it, once.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man you really are desparate to shitpost today. Thanks for admitting that you were wrong though.
    So it's "can't read" then, thanks for admitting, was a fun talk.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

So it's "can't read" then, thanks for admitting, was a fun talk.
    You should seek help, if you’re this deranaged a year after an election it could be signs of s serious problem. I’m serious go seek help

15+ Year Old Account
    You should seek help, if you’re this deranaged a year after an election it could be signs of s serious problem. I’m serious go seek help
    Shh calm down, you're messing up words already. A year after an election? Wrong country there chap.

Shh calm down, you're messing up words already. A year after an election? Wrong country there chap.
    Are you British? Who else says chap unironically? If you are a red coat just remember what happened last time you tried to mess with America and who had to come rescue you from germany.....twice

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you British? Who else says chap unironically? If you are a red coat just remember what happened last time you tried to mess with America and who had to come rescue you from germany.....twice
    Certainly not keyboard warriors like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Certainly not keyboard warriors like yourself.
    I don’t think any ww1 veterans are alive

There are a few Ww2 veterans but I doubt they post here

Brilliant assertion Dug