Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck View Post
    I just hope they bring a lot of QoL changes to the game. Thinking about classic's history there's no way I'll enjoy it as much as I did when I was a teen. If not, have fun wasting your time again.
    Wasting your time? You're saying that as if you invest your time into something useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    1.12 the final patch of Vanilla, When it was as complete as it was ever going to be.
    That was essentially the pre-The Burning Crusade patch, not considered “Vanilla” anymore by many. It brought about many changes in preparation for TBC.

I’d say patch 1.7.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

That latest one before Naax for me.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of vanilla is vanilla. from 1.0.0 - 1.12.0 specifically. Would be nice if WoW Classic starts at 1.0.0 on release and end at 1.12.0
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    That was essentially the pre-The Burning Crusade patch, not considered “Vanilla” anymore by many. It brought about many changes in preparation for TBC.

I’d say patch 1.7.
    No, that was 2.0.

1.12 introduced xrealm bgs, so I would like 1.11 I think.

But, I don't care which one they use, tbh. But I hope it isn'1 1.1 or something because the game was really incomplete then, with many class trees just not thought out well. I know that is 'part of it' for people, but eh.

I'll roll with it though, no matter how they do it.

I’d say patch 1.7.
    The prepatch was 2.0.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

All of them. Being stuck on a single patch seems like it would be a poor way to represent what Vanilla truly was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah if they do not do the start at the begining thing and then release patches over time it has to be 1.12

10+ Year Old Account
    1.7 - 1.9. Possibly 1.10 at the latest.

Catch up mechanics of later patches destroy earlier content.
    Speciation Is Gradual

15+ Year Old Account
    March 2004 - File Planet Founders Club alpha stress test build. That's the original World of Warcraft I experienced and anything else is changes which I won't accept!
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

It should all be in there but right around / before AQ. Raid progression up through BWL was the heart of the game.

I started in BC, but from what I've read: The game balancing/fixes of the latest vainilla patch but only with the launch raids, and then they can start releasing them, so people keep busy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why pick when when Blizzard is completely capable of an actual progression server that starts at 1.0 and has a mostly classic timeline up to 1.12? I think Blizzard can and will want to do better than private servers.

I’d say patch 1.7.
    You are so wrong that I can't actually figure out if you're trolling.

1.12 is the patch that nearly every single Vanilla Private server is based upon.

The Burning Crusade pre-patch is 2.0.1.

1.11 is probably where the game should start.

I’d say patch 1.7.
    Fake news. I don't understand why I see this so much. It's not true, 1.12.x was the cross-server pvp and silithus/EPL world pvp patch and tiny fix/balance, nothing more.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

when BWL was at the height of power, and the end game content

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    Fake news. I don't understand why I see this so much. It's not true, 1.12.x was the cross-server pvp and silithus/EPL world pvp patch and tiny fix/balance, nothing more.
    It also added the .5 set which changed a lot as well as pvp gear for honorif i rember right completly changing the gear grind.

they should start at 1.1 and go from there. i would like the do the aq opening event again.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    It also added the .5 set which changed a lot as well as pvp gear for honorif i rember right completly changing the gear grind.
    Seriously, search before you type. .5 set was added during 1.10, before Naxx. PVP for honor was a TBC think, not 1.12 that was still using TBC. 1.12.x almost changed nothing gear wise.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Patch 2.1. Forget vanilla, lets do TBC instead!