Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    and thats all i got. If they get ports they make the Wii U 100% redundant.
    Yep I'm likely going to sell my Wii-U and what I got left of it now. I feel 100% safe in saying everything worth having from The Wii-U is getting a port.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Wii u was a shrodingers console. We'll never know the real reason why it was the biggest flop in modern console history. Maybe the games, maybe not
    We do know the real reason('s) why it was the biggest flop in modern consoles.

1) Poor ass marketing.
    2) Weak ass system. It was the PS3 2.0 going against the PS4/XB1.
    3) Lack of 3rd party support.

Ontopic: I am 100% ok with everything shown in the direct.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Wii u was a shrodingers console. We'll never know the real reason why it was the biggest flop in modern console history. Maybe the games, maybe not
    It doesn't matter if the wii u was a flop. It still had a 13 million install base. Ultra smash sold what? 1% of the install base? Got terrible reviews. You can't blame the system for that.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I legally only care about twewy
    I don't even care about that because it just looks like the shitty smart phone version.

Port City direct. I especially love how the only new feature for DKCTF is literally an easy auto win mode for scrubs. Not that there is anything wrong with adding that, but advertising it as a selling feature? GTFO. Prob stick with Wii U version.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-01-11 at 05:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep I'm likely going to sell my Wii-U and what I got left of it now. I feel 100% safe in saying everything worth having from The Wii-U is getting a port.

- - - Updated - - -

We do know the real reason('s) why it was the biggest flop in modern consoles.

1) Poor ass marketing.
    2) Weak ass system. It was the PS3 2.0 going against the PS4/XB1.
    3) Lack of 3rd party support.

Ontopic: I am 100% ok with everything shown in the direct.
    The wii had those same problema beaides marketing and look how that turned out

The wii had those same problema beaides marketing
    the wii had it's gimmic though, motion controls and a pretty decent launch line up. It didn't matter about the 3rd party support because it had mario and zelda and motion controls. Motion controls were so hot sony and microsoft had to scramble to make their own and join in on the hotness

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I don't even care about that because it just looks like the shitty smart phone version.

Port City direct. I especially love how the only new feature for DKCTF is literally an easy auto win mode for scrubs. Not that there is anything wrong with adding that, but advertising it as a selling feature? GTFO. Prob stick with Wii U version.
    It's mainly cause i haven't played it when i have the rest

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    the wii had it's gimmic though, motion controls and a pretty decent launch line up. It didn't matter about the 3rd party support because it had mario and zelda and motion controls. Motion controls were so hot sony and microsoft had to scramble to make their own and join in on the hotness
    And the wii u also had a gimmick in which sony and ms promptly emulated with phone apps as second screens. Again, only difference is marketing and i doubt that would make a 110 million difference

The wii had those same problema beaides marketing and look how that turned out
    No it didn't.
    The Wii Had
    1) Great Marketing.
    2) Huge 3rd party support.
    3) While the system itself was weak it made up for it with motion controls, first gen wii's being able to play GC games and being strong enough for some ports like COD.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

And the wii u also had a gimmick in which sony and ms promptly emulated with phone apps as second screens. Again, only difference is marketing and i doubt that would make a 110 million difference
    The Wii U with solid marketing worst case does N64 numbers. It had the games, the casuals just didn't know wtf it was. It would of needed more then that to do better then n64 numbers but those where easily reachable with what the system had on hand if people didn't think it was some weird controller add on for the Wii they had long packed up in the closet.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-01-11 at 05:22 PM.

Marketing makes a world of difference, Hell the majority didn't even know what a Wii-U was.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Me seeing a World Ends With You remaster.

I litteraly gasped.
    I think my signature should give away my hype levels for TWEWY.

It's mainly cause i haven't played it when i have the rest

- - - Updated - - -

the wii u gimmic was so terrible that people didn't even know it was a console, they thought it was an add on. You can't even compare that to the wii

15+ Year Old Account
    I was also confused in that first video, but honestly if people thought it was an addon, i think it would have sold more than it did. I just think there's more to it than the reasons we think.

I was also confused in that first video, but honestly if people thought it was an addon, i think it would have sold more than it did. I just think there's more to it than the reasons we think.
    Nah, those are the reasons.

$350 addon isn't going to sound attractive to any casual Wii owners...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    the wii u gimmic was so terrible that people didn't even know it was a console, they thought it was an add on. You can't even compare that to the wii
    my sister in law was one of those people, we bought her a wii for Xmas a few months after wii u came out and she bought a wii u thinking it was just Like an extre controller . Sad thing is she actually very good with building computers and is quite nerdy

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you believe that? The PS4 is at like 75+ million consoles sold. PSVR which is an addon to the PS4 and priced around what the Wii U was, is currently at 2 million. Being an addon to a successful system does not indicate the success of the addon.

You make it sound like there's some huge conspiracy to why the Wii U failed lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nah, those are the reasons.

$350 addon isn't going to sound attractive to any casual Wii owners...
    I'm still not super convinced. 3ds had the same problems and didn't even launch with a mario game like the wii u and ds did. Something happened

Nope those are the reasons and even Nintendo has admitted to it. There is no mystery to why the Wii-U failed.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still not super convinced. 3ds had the same problems and didn't even launch with a mario game like the wii u and ds did. Something happened
    The 3DS didn't have the same problems, You keep thinking other systems had the same problems when they didn't. The 3DS started off weak due to a lack of games.

Once again even Nintendo has admitted to why the system failed.

The 3DS was a massive bomb until the holiday season when they slashed the price from $250 to $180 and the system had SM3DL and OoT3D.

The 3DS was saved, Nintendo couldn't cut the price on the Wii U any further then they did without losing their ass to mimic similar results.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Why do you believe that? The PS4 is at like 75+ million consoles sold. PSVR which is an addon to the PS4 and priced around what the Wii U was, is currently at 2 million. Being an addon to a successful system does not indicate the success of the addon.

You make it sound like there's some huge conspiracy to why the Wii U failed lol.
    Well if it ha sold around n64 numbers, i would just chalk it up to bad luck, but jesus 13 mil is terrible

Well if it ha sold around n64 numbers, i would just chalk it up to bad luck, but jesus 13 mil is terrible
    13 mil is actually a miracle in itself considering all the issues the system had. Launching a year before PS4 like a dreamcast situation, shit marketing and nobody knowing wtf it was, and it being extremely over priced bang for buck wise because of the expensive manufacturing costs of the gamepad.

Many people still don't realize the Switch is cheaper at launch then the Wii U was. The Switch is also a hell of a lot more impressive for mobile tech then the Wii U was for home box tech.

How many people you think are interested in buying $350 controllers which is what most people thought it was? Only the hardcore of the hardcore Nintendo fans owned a Wii U.