Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    1) How exactly does MMR work? One game I'm facing someone who never played arena before and the next I'm up against a vindictive gladiator. I'm currently sitting at 1655 rating and 80% of teams I face have way above 2k experience. Is this something that happens at the start of a season? Does it even out towards the end?

2) What addons are considered a *must*? My main issue is keeping track of what's going on and it's sometimes hard to follow with having to watch 2 cast bars and a zoo of pets running all over the place. Are there any addons that make the enemy players stand out more?

3) Does the game try to give you a 50% win rate? If I go above, will it give me progressively more experienced teams until I start losing more?

4) Is 2k rating something that can be YOLO'd with randoms from group finder? Or is it more of a rating at which stable teams play? What's the difference between a 1.5k player, a 2k player and a 2.7k player?

5) How heavily comp dependent is 2v2 right now?

Thanks for taking your time to answer.
    1. Depends on how many people are queueing. If little people are queueing, you are likely to get shitty games like the ones you described. MMR goes up as you beat people your MMR or higher and stays pretty similar if you beat people below your mmr.

2. Tbh I only used omni cc and interrupt bar, but a enemy trinket tracker is used by 99.9% of people. I personally just remembered.

3. No. winrate is entirely down to comp pretty much. Mirrors will be whoever fails first. Games where you outcomp the enemy will be 70% + winrate, games where your comp is shit will be 30% or less winrate.

4. Probably but you're fishing for a needle in a haystack. If you do pve, just get a buddy from your guild who is a good dps player or a good healer. 2v2 is mostly just pveing down the enemy team

5. Massively. You will have to learn to accept that as soon as you join the arena, its likely that you will lose before the gates even open.

I only do 2v2 for the elite sets, i've gotten every set every season since 6.0. Just hope your spec isn't dogshit and if it is, pick a t2 comp. By that i mean lets say warrior rdruid is op but you're a frost dk. Well just go frost dk rdruid. Usually picking an op healer is enough to get to 2k. After you get your decent or t1 comp, its just grinding WoWs worst aspect for about 50-80 games depending on your luck with queues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    1. I don't know who you are, and you don't know me.
    2. I can link you screenshots from every season I've ever played at high rating if you want, tell me who I played with are boosters.

Actually, aren't you ninefingers? That guy that got salty about me getting rating and shit talked me even on private servers to random people 3 years later due to how salty you were?

Ah yeah, funny times. I'm actually honored that people are obsessed with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Errr... pretty sure I did. Stop crying just because I'm shit talking something you can't even get.

How the fuck would you even know? Just admit you're a retard and didn't realize the thread is a year old.

God... I already regret posting on this forum full of downies.
    Maybe you should stop then, pretty pathetic to buy RBG boost then come to forums and demean people who are fresh at PvP asking for help.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post
    Maybe you should stop then, pretty pathetic to buy RBG boost then come to forums and demean people who are fresh at PvP asking for help.
    Lmao yeah remember when I bought HoTA twice and 2300+ about 9 times. Remember when I also got so bored of the game 2 seasons ago I stopped just below HotA cutoff because I was so fucking bored and clearly cared about the title.

I wish I was rich enough to even be able to afford that.

And I didn't demean anyone, I told him that 2k was easy to get, that's what he was asking.

I did stop posting, but apparently some absolute retard bumped a thread from a year ago trying to flame my current rating in a game I don't even currently play.

Again, back up your shit or fuck off. If you're who I said you were then you wintraded in the late S12 period and that's visible from armory. You have nothing to counter that claim because no one knows who you are and it's the only season you ever got rating. You're so jealous of me it's fucking hilarious.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2018-01-11 at 06:29 AM.

Deleted
    Lmao yeah remember when I bought HoTA twice and 2300+ about 9 times. Remember when I also got so bored of the game 2 seasons ago I stopped just below HotA cutoff because I was so fucking bored and clearly cared about the title.

I wish I was rich enough to even be able to afford that.

And I didn't demean anyone, I told him that 2k was easy to get, that's what he was asking.

I did stop posting, but apparently some absolute retard bumped a thread from a year ago trying to flame my current rating in a game I don't even currently play.

Again, back up your shit or fuck off. If you're who I said you were then you wintraded in the late S12 period and that's visible from armory. You have nothing to counter that claim because no one knows who you are and it's the only season you ever got rating. You're so jealous of me it's fucking hilarious.
    You were the one making claims I'm a win trader while I personally know the people who boosted your self play account.

You can pretend to be high and mighty all you want to these people, but truth is your just a pathetic guy who bought pixels to look good on forums.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You were the one making claims I'm a win trader while I personally know the people who boosted your self play account.

You can pretend to be high and mighty all you want to these people, but truth is your just a pathetic guy who bought pixels to look good on forums.
    You personally know them but haven't told me their names. Alright, seems legit.

Why the fuck are you trying so hard, I've been told multiple times about you saying this to random people and everyone finds it fucking hilarious. Everyone who actually plays RBGs knows that I fucking played and I don't care what one of your random retarded friends said.

I'm glad you think I'm rich enough to buy over 11 boosts though. The only reason you're so fucking salty is because you got 2.4 in one inflated season as a below-average dk and I told you that you couldn't get glad next season (you got stuck at 1900) and you got salty as fuck.

Seriously bro, stop your obsession over me. It's fucking weird.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2018-01-11 at 09:55 AM.

Deleted
    You personally know them but haven't told me their names. Alright, seems legit.

Why the fuck are you trying so hard, I've been told multiple times about you saying this to random people and everyone finds it fucking hilarious. Everyone who actually plays RBGs knows that I fucking played and I don't care what one of your random retarded friends said.

I'm glad you think I'm rich enough to buy over 11 boosts though. The only reason you're so fucking salty is because you got 2.4 in one inflated season as a below-average dk and I told you that you couldn't get glad next season (you got stuck at 1900) and you got salty as fuck.

Seriously bro, stop your obsession over me. It's fucking weird.
    You do seem to care a lot though, hilarious seeing you cry on this forum belittling everyone while in reality you are just some pathetic trash can who had to buy help to get an insignificant title. Stuck on 1700 in legion when people refusing to play with you knowing that you bought it.

Then going here to cry over how bad the expansion is while promoting how "skilled" you used to be. Reality check is you are a pathetic human being who needs to step on others to feel good.

And for the obsession .. someone needs to keep garbage like you in check.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do seem to care a lot though, hilarious seeing you cry on this forum belittling everyone while in reality you are just some pathetic trash can who had to buy help to get an insignificant title. Stuck on 1700 in legion when people refusing to play with you knowing that you bought it.

Then going here to cry over how bad the expansion is while promoting how "skilled" you used to be. Reality check is you are a pathetic human being who needs to step on others to feel good.

And for the obsession .. someone needs to keep garbage like you in check.
    Stuck at 1700 in legion? Hmm... pretty sure the last season I played, I played with completely new people up to around 50 rating below hota cutoff and I stopped because I got bored.

If it stops you being a retard, heres who I played with one of the legion seasons: https://i.imgur.com/iAJNhFY.jpg

Oh my god, look at all those well known boosters! Oh wait, they're were a bunch of 2k people I pugged with and helped progress to higher ratings.

What about the season after? https://i.imgur.com/t44gngs.jpg

Oh look, more boosters! No, not even.

Like, you're literally just making up bullshit at this point and you've still not said any names. It's fucking hilarious how salty you are that you couldn't be anything more than a below-average dk despite caring so much about it, that's what's pathetic here.

About "stepping on others", you're literally coming here and making up bullshit about me that has no basis besides "my friend told me" in order to feel better about yourself being a failure. 3 years later and you literally fucking still tell it to random people.

Guess that's the main problem with rating inflation... it lets 1900 peoples egos skyrocket to the point of having a god complex, and then a mental breakdown when they get stuck at 1900 again the next season.

Again, if you're not going to post anything other than "my fwend sed ur b00sted!!" why are you even bothering? I've got a full imgur album of most of my good games and who I played with from around 9-10 different seasons. I actually think you're so fucking mentally unstable you believe your own bullshit.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2018-01-11 at 01:42 PM.

If you wanna back that up, sure. If not, I've got screenshots from every season where I've had high rating and you can tell me who was boosting me. I don't know who the fuck you are nor do I really give a fuck either.

I think I've got a good idea of who you are actually, if you could stop stalking me across the internet due to how salty you are that'd be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Errr... pretty sure I did. Stop crying just because I'm shit talking something you can't even get.

How the fuck would you even know? Just admit you're a retard and didn't realize the thread is a year old.

God... I already regret posting on this forum full of downies.
    Watch out everyone. We have a badass over here. So much excessive swearing surely makes your arguments shine. Oh wait.
    Anyways... Reported for toxicity!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Watch out everyone. We have a badass over here. So much excessive swearing surely makes your arguments shine. Oh wait.
    Anyways... Reported for toxicity!
    What argument?

You quoted a thread from a year ago saying "WHERES UR 2K THIS SEASON LOL" when I don't even fucking play.

There's nothing more to say, that's full retard. I don't get why you're acting like this was some kind of logical debate.

The fact you can't even admit you made a mistake and instead dug the hole deeper shows everything I need to know.

You reported me to who? All the board moderators ditched the PvP forum because of how fucking retarded it is.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2018-01-11 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    Stuck at 1700 in legion? Hmm... pretty sure the last season I played, I played with completely new people up to around 50 rating below hota cutoff and I stopped because I got bored.

If it stops you being a retard, heres who I played with one of the legion seasons: https://i.imgur.com/iAJNhFY.jpg

Oh my god, look at all those well known boosters! Oh wait, they're were a bunch of 2k people I pugged with and helped progress to higher ratings.

What about the season after? https://i.imgur.com/t44gngs.jpg

Oh look, more boosters! No, not even.

Like, you're literally just making up bullshit at this point and you've still not said any names. It's fucking hilarious how salty you are that you couldn't be anything more than a below-average dk despite caring so much about it, that's what's pathetic here.

About "stepping on others", you're literally coming here and making up bullshit about me that has no basis besides "my friend told me" in order to feel better about yourself being a failure. 3 years later and you literally fucking still tell it to random people.

Guess that's the main problem with rating inflation... it lets 1900 peoples egos skyrocket to the point of having a god complex, and then a mental breakdown when they get stuck at 1900 again the next season.

Again, if you're not going to post anything other than "my fwend sed ur b00sted!!" why are you even bothering? I've got a full imgur album of most of my good games and who I played with from around 9-10 different seasons. I actually think you're so fucking mentally unstable you believe your own bullshit.
    https://imgur.com/a/ibqtF

https://imgur.com/a/37rra

Looks like people actually remember you!

You are a real pathetic low life but it's okay for next season you can get a 10 % discount

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://imgur.com/a/ibqtF

https://imgur.com/a/37rra

Looks like people actually remember you!

You are a real pathetic low life but it's okay for next season you can get a 10 % discount
    LOL urcha tried to get me hota?? I got him into decent groups when he was a 2k player and he was struggling with pugs. He wouldn't of even got close to HotA if I didn't get him out of his shit pug groups and into proper teams. He was asking me to fucking play all the time after I got bored and quit. Hell, I've always had a lot of teams asking to play with me when I'm active in RBGs and that's why I play with so many different people. That doesn't sound like someone people don't want.

Stop believing random people's horseshit, you're blurring the names for a reason. Welcome to RBGs, where everyone shit talks everyone. I'd encourage you to get actual facts next time.

Until you unblur their names I don't give a fuck, they're probably your friends you've ranted to about me for hours on end. How have I never broken 1800 but gotten 2300+ over 10 times? You're literally full fucking retard, bro.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2018-01-11 at 07:19 PM.

Deleted
    LOL urcha tried to get me hota?? I got him into decent groups when he was a 2k player and he was struggling with pugs. He wouldn't of even got close to HotA if I didn't get him out of his shit pug groups and into proper teams. He was asking me to fucking play all the time after I got bored and quit. Hell, I've always had a lot of teams asking to play with me when I'm active in RBGs and that's why I play with so many different people. That doesn't sound like someone people don't want.

Stop believing random people's horseshit, you're blurring the names for a reason. Welcome to RBGs, where everyone shit talks everyone. I'd encourage you to get actual facts next time.

Until you unblur their names I don't give a fuck, they're probably your friends you've ranted to about me for hours on end. How have I never broken 1800 but gotten 2300+ over 10 times? You're literally full fucking retard, bro.
    This is other people who are actual top rbg players (you know people who actually dont buy their progress).

Everyone on iburst categorize you as some mongoloid drooler who sucked smitey off in another expansion to get hota and cant break 1800 now without paying LOL

Deleted
    1) How exactly does MMR work? One game I'm facing someone who never played arena before and the next I'm up against a vindictive gladiator. I'm currently sitting at 1655 rating and 80% of teams I face have way above 2k experience. Is this something that happens at the start of a season? Does it even out towards the end?

2) What addons are considered a *must*? My main issue is keeping track of what's going on and it's sometimes hard to follow with having to watch 2 cast bars and a zoo of pets running all over the place. Are there any addons that make the enemy players stand out more?

3) Does the game try to give you a 50% win rate? If I go above, will it give me progressively more experienced teams until I start losing more?

4) Is 2k rating something that can be YOLO'd with randoms from group finder? Or is it more of a rating at which stable teams play? What's the difference between a 1.5k player, a 2k player and a 2.7k player?

5) How heavily comp dependent is 2v2 right now?

Thanks for taking your time to answer.
    100% of the answers, where people are telling you "you can faceroll up to 2K" comes from people with partners(also, people who you don't want to play with, as they have a tendency to not get any better).

Get 2K with randoms, I will gurantee you that you will get stuck below 1.7K for the entire season.

Play and practice. That is the conclussion. Keep people you like to play with(never add a few, but a whole bunch of people to your friends list. You will see, some wants to get good as much as you and you keep in touch with them, while some are just whatever and let downs).
    Earn ratings together. Its much more fun to grow as a team, you get much better, than a better player is always dissapointed and they are too douche to improve.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2018-01-11 at 10:36 PM.

Deleted
    1) How exactly does MMR work? One game I'm facing someone who never played arena before and the next I'm up against a vindictive gladiator.
    Relatable xd