Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I can't sympathize with your laziness, dude. You're the epitome of a spoiled gamer who wants something for nothing to me. I'd prefer if the game didn't have people like you playing it, honestly. I think Call of Duty needs more players. Check that game out.

No further discussion is necessary between us. Peace.
    You said they are "giving us" 3 races, which is not really true. I don't know why pointing this out means I'm a lazy spoiled gamer, but then your conduct in this thread has been a little bemusing. I'll put it down to the exuberance of youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I was merely assuming that it would be the logical extension of Blizzard converting all the old zones to scaling. I think it would at least mitigate Legion zones being "old" content if they were level-appropriate.
    They won't do it exactly because people, who are shouting that OP and everyone who agrees with the statement 'are being lazy', will be the first ones to cry about 'lack of progression' and that 'there's no reason for Suramar elites to oneshot them at level 120'.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I think the point is that the allied races are not entirely BfA exclusive content. It's very likely we'll be seeing the four that are basically finished some time before BfA. The Dark Iron Dwarves and Zandalari Trolls will most likely be exclusives that require you to complete some content in BfA to unlock.

And, yes, I am fine with this. We don't need absolutely everything handed to us on expansion launch: It's mainly just cosmetic anyway. The reason why DHs and DKs were different is because they were NOT cosmetic only.

i dont see the issue with playing a game i already enjoy, to unlock cool stuff... isnt that the purpose of playing video games?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    They won't do it exactly because people, who are shouting that OP and everyone who agrees with the statement 'are being lazy', will be the first ones to cry about 'lack of progression' and that 'there's no reason for Suramar elites to oneshot them at level 120'.
    Suramar elites are already manageable, even if they are not the walk in the park all the rest is. But there would be crying, that is true. (In fact, there always is, whatever Blizzard does.)

What are the achievements to play said Races?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I've heard a few people bring up an interesting point about buying the BFA expansion, with a perk being Allied Races, but then also having to "unlock" them and it feels weird you can't automatically get them for the purchase.

For me personally, I already have the achievements I need to play all the races so this doesn't apply to me, but I find the principle an interesting discussion point.

Do you think it's a valid concern that you have to "unlock" allied races that are pitched as a perk of buying the BFA expansion? Like you would have to "unlock" a Demon Hunter, even though you bought the expansion it and it was pitched as a main feature.

Or do you consider it something like buying an expansion with the opportunity to unlock said allied races, sort of like you buy Legion, but you don't automatically get access to 110. You have to work through the levels. Or although you bought Legion to play a Demon Hunter, you still had to level it. (Or do you contest those are even fair analogies).

On the other hand, the unlock requirements for the Legion-based allied races are... Legion content technically.
    dont see how this differs from any other game where you unlock stuff as you progress throu the game.
    As long as they dont put allied races behind an extra paywall im happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Suramar elites are already manageable, even if they are not the walk in the park all the rest is. But there would be crying, that is true. (In fact, there always is, whatever Blizzard does.)
    They are already manageable exactly because you have better gear at your level, if they'll be scaling up to 120, your 120 in blue gear in 8.0 will be at the same powerlevel as your 110 was in blue gear in 7.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

the Blizzard goal on this as a gamer company is so easy to see

- throw this allied now with the requirements to cause on mmo-champ and others sites enough talk to
    -- a) bring back half the expansion leavers
    -- b) make them pay for sub
    -- c) hoping to bring some old players that skipped legion now instead of them only going to BfA and having to pay for legion expansion on full price (and also point a and b applys)
    -- d) fill the void until next expansion as much as possible and getting the money from subs flowing in

- In BfA launch for new players or skipped Legion ones
    -- a) probably remove exalted requirements because is no longer needed to have a reason to trap players on legion (new expansion, new content)
    -- b) skill keep the requirement for having a high level char first for hoping that when a player reach the require level many will not have the will to level again so pay for changing to a allied race

for the ones that work on some type of selling a product will see this miles away

all in all, blizzard will make alot of money simply on reskin races and not having any content but be my guest for the ones that will return now (subs and/or legion expansion)

That's my point. People want something, but they don't want to do what it takes to get it. When did this shit start? Cellphone games? Why is the MMORPG genre filled with this type of individual? I didn't want to farm Black Temple for a year and a half for both Warglaives, but I did because the reward was worth it.

Instead they're like, "It's old content, I should just be given them because old content is old. And also, I'm a lazy slob."

So you would be 100% OK with Blizz implementing vanilla requirements for Draenei and BElf? Wotlk reqs for Goblin and Worgin? Cata for Panda? [expac] for whichever wholly new race they introduce?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You have to play the game - the horror.

The only way I see this working out "good" is for them to release the allied races well before the the expansion drops and they become to new "18 months of SoO".
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

There is a difference between a Race and an Allied Race. Blizzcon explained this perfectly. They even said they would required to be unlocked through an undisclosed method.

I hope you still follow me...

So here's where it gets complicated. Draenei and Blood Elves aren't, in Blizzard's terms, Allied Races. If at the time, they had said, "You must become exalted with Silvermoon through an elaborate quest-chain in order to make a Blood Elf character." Yes, I would be okay with that. However, they are Races, not Allied Races.

Frankly, you're inventing non-existent scenarios to try and garner favor for your perspective on this.

You don't have to agree with me, and I don't have to agree with any of you lot wanting Allied Races to be treated like normal Races. It really isn't my fault you didn't watch Blizzcon, and it really isn't my responsibility to explain to lesser minds why it is this way. If you don't like it, stfu and unsub. If you're going to keep crying about doing some quests to unlock a playable race, go right ahead, keep showing everyone how foolish you are.

It's players like the ones in this thread that make me believe Classic will be an utter disaster for you lot. You're complaining about doing 100 quests to unlock an Allied Race you can play on indefinitely. Classic, if done in the shadow of Vanilla, will require 100 quests to get part of item needed to make a bigger item. I really don't understand why people like this play MMORPGs. Stick to League.
    Wew lad.

You couldn't explain it to anyone because you don't actually know. Don't get upset at me because I blew a big whole in your justification for shitty roadblocks. Also, I already have the achievements and the rep, it's still fucking stupid.

Sure can't wait for this "hurr durr they're not "real" races" bullshit to go away when we get something that isn't copy paste of a race we already have.
    Last edited by cfStatic; 2018-01-11 at 10:05 PM.

Only thing you blew a hole in was your mom. You don't understand a simple concept Blizzard laid out for us (Races vs. Allied Races), and you're telling me I don't know? It's fine if you think it's stupid. Not my problem. Burning Crusade (Draenei/Bld.Elves) was almost a decade ago. Quit acting like shit should stay the same because you think it's stupid.

Trust me, I'm ready for the sheep to stop "hurr durr i want it NOW daddy" and diaf. Maybe you'll quit ruining our game and you'll actually go play Call of Duty or League or one of those low-effort games. No need to keep you around, welcome to the ignore list.
    "our game".

Please. Vanilla players don't even know what grind is yet try and claim it as their own. Play a Korean MMO and then get back to me. You're tired of the want it now generation and yet you sit here on an internet foum bitching and moaning and crying because you're not being catered to. You're no better than anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    It screams laziness and corner cutting, to me. Races are an expansion feature, always have been. Locking them behind past content just tells me that they are running low on compelling content and are scraping the bottom of the barrel for anything that will increase profit margins.

They're thinking that by forcing players to jump through hoops for an expansion feature, the early expac buy-ins and re-subs that normally quit after a month or so, will stick around to play those news thing and funnel more money to them.

Experience Azeroth as one of Battle for Azeroth’s new six playable Allied Races. Earn the respect of the Nightborne, Lightforged draenei, and other noble allies, and you’ll unlock the ability to create new prestige characters of that race.
    Can't get much more vague than that. No one would buy in to this shit if they were honest about the requirements, and they know it.

I hope it ends in a lawsuit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    I hope it ends in a lawsuit.
    A lawsuit now. This forums, sometimes. Jeez.

In restrospect, I took you off ignore for pure entertainment purposes.
    Doubtful. You're probably just that vain that you can't go without reading what people are saying about you. That's fine, but at least own it.

I actually am being catered to. Can you read, dude? I think that might be your biggest problem. I'm all for the unlock grind.
    And yet you keep bitching and moaning about people that don't share your view of the game.

Sure sounds like a whole bunch of bitching, moaning, and crying on your part. Guess you don't understand double-standards either.
    Voicing my disapproval for shitty roadblocks to races is somehow crying but not feedback. Whatever you say my dude.

I never said I was better than anyone else. Why are you saying these things? Are you insecure?
    You keep insinuating that you're smart or somehow better than everyone else. Every single reply to me you have been condescending. I think you might be mentally deficient if you somehow cannot see things from a third point of view.

And yes, I'm tired of spoiled brats like you who don't understand simple things like Allied races and story-telling who come online to make threads like this one. You can't even understand the logic, the story-telling, and the reason they're making them Allied Races instead of normal Races.

The hell does Korean MMO have to do with anything? You normally bring up irrelevant shit to feel smarter or something? So desperate you bring up another country's gaming culture that has zero fucking relevance to a North American gamer. Wow.
    What the hell did classic have to do with anything? Yet you brought it up and started touting it about inferring that the time investment somehow actually meant something when in comparison to actual grindy MMOs(read: Korean ones) it means diddly shit. I have no problems at all with grinds, even mindless ones. I have problems with Blizzard putting up dumb af roadblocks to races that make no sense whatsoever. It's asinine to lock something behind an expansion license and then force people to go back and play old content to get to races that are effectively introduced in BfA.

You're out of your league.
    I'm actually laughing at you IRL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mummy, who is that bad man on the internet?

Don't worry son, it's just a troll. Soon he will go back under his bridge and thing some other inane bullshit to start an argument about.
    When I went up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today. I wish I wish he'd go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.

Ofc you should play the game to be able to play the new races...

I'm fine with it.