Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Considering you had to pay to upgrade to the DS2 remaster... not a chance in hell.
    I didn't even remember that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so excited for the remaster version of Dark Souls! yesss ! DS1 is my favorite of the souls series.

I hope they make the online system similar to Bloodborne and DS3.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why though? It's not even an Old game.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    As long as they don’t upgrade it to be garbage like 3 I’m really looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's probably not, I don't hold my breath that it'll be 1080 60fps. It'll probably still stay 720 30. I think devs are realizing switch owners will buy anything even garbage (look how much 1 2 switch sold for $60 fucking bucks). So I 100% expect a lazy port.
    This makes zero sense. The DS2 remaster went from sub 720p/30 on console to 1080p/60, There is no reason why DS1 won't get the same treatment.

Edit: Just saw the link, Still a improvement over the original tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Here's to hoping original owners get it free on Steam.
    That's the only way I would ever get it.

Did we not get a freaking second release of DS already? Prepare to Die edition or some shit? This is turning into the next Skyrim. Because yes, I WANT to own 12 copies of the same exact game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/dark...razy-expensive

Dark Souls Trilogy Collection. PS4 and Japan only. It's $450.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    That's the only way I would ever get it.

Did we not get a freaking second release of DS already? Prepare to Die edition or some shit? This is turning into the next Skyrim. Because yes, I WANT to own 12 copies of the same exact game!
    PC only got Prepare to Die Edition, DS1 has only released once on PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://www.usgamer.net/articles/dark...razy-expensive

Dark Souls Trilogy Collection. PS4 and Japan only. It's $450.

That's a fucken shame but at the same time not worth its price tag. I am more then happy to just buy DS1 by itself.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If this is just updated graphics for $60 that'll be a slap in the face.
    I think butchering the gameplay like 3 would be a much bigger slap In the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Here's to hoping original owners get it free on Steam.
    Well they gave a discount on the SotFS Edition on PC if you already had Dark Souls 2 and all it's DLC, so it's possible they'll do the same with this. Hold out hope that if you own all three plus the DLC they'll give if for free. As if Bandai will allow that)
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    but at the same time not worth its price tag
    That's putting it lightly. Even before factoring in import shipping costs that is about $450 USD.

Are you kidding me I literally just installed the game. No way I will wait.

http://nintendoeverything.com/dark-s...-will-cost-40/

The Switch version of Dark Souls Remastered will be $40. Probably will be the same for other platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://nintendoeverything.com/dark-s...-will-cost-40/

The Switch version of Dark Souls Remastered will be $40. Probably will be the same for other platforms.
    So ill be spending $80+tax for a PS4 and a Switch copy. I'm fine with that.

(Depending actually performance, DS2 was ported good so I'm sure it will be fine)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited for this. I have only played Dark Souls 3. I tried DS1 with dsfix at a friend's house and it still ran like crap. I'm hoping this version runs better.

I'll have to check this out since I never played the original, or any of the games from that series.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

https://twitter.com/J4g3r/status/951540052454199297

If you already own Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition on Steam you will get a 50% discount to upgrade to Remastered, bringing it down to $20.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    PC only got Prepare to Die Edition, DS1 has only released once on PC.
    Yep my bad it was DS2 I was thinking about that got two versions. Hell, I think 3 did it too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Yep my bad it was DS2 I was thinking about that got two versions. Hell, I think 3 did it too?
    On console (Not sure about PC) DS3 got a re-release that had all DLC but nothing changed besides that.

Honestly I would have preferred another DLC or even an entirely new DS game, but I'll take a remaster. DS1 isn't....bad. It's certainly better than DS2. But I would have liked something completely new.