Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    I would personally have liked the Highmountain Tauren to join the alliance, as they have an ancient connection to the kaldorei, fighting side by side during the War of the Ancients. It also would have given horde a "nightelf" and alliance a "tauren".
    They share culture and ancestry with the Tauren though, so...
    And given the outcry, I imagine it'd been 100 times worse had the Alliance gotten "talking cows" over Nightborne all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    A better synopsis:

"So you guys both helped us out a lot, wanna be friends?"

"Sure we'll be your friends!"
    "Hm... I don't know, you guys did leave us to die in the past, and now allowed demons into your midst, basically repeating the actions of the highborne ten thousand years ago... how do we know we can trust you at face value to not repeat the same mistake a third time?"
    The elves we're getting are the ones who didn't agree to let the demons be their new owners and rebelled. I know context is hard and such, but do try... Tyrande didn't try, so that's why her stupidity turned them away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Really is no point arguing with the biased buddies...you will never get anything straight out of them...all you'll get is the same old biased rhetoric over and over and over again.

Doesn't matter than the Nightborne were cowards that hid behind a shield and could of very well doomed their own brethren and the entire planet while they were sitting pretty and safe, it doesn't matter that their own people sold them out to the Legion at the first chance they got.

All that matters is they think Tyrande is a bitch for being cautious with a very untrustworthy people, Thalryssa was upset she got called a lemon, so she was mad she got called a lemon because she is a lemon and sided with the horde.
    Must be nice to have your head in the sand and constantly ignoring the details that make all the difference.

How do you not call hiding behind a shield covering their own asses while their kin was fighting a desperate battle for their live not betrayal? Then how do you call the leadership selling themselves like cheap whores the first time the Legion comes knocking at their door in 10 thousand years not betrayal?

Tyrande was right to question them, and Thalyssra's response comes off as a rather knee jerk butt hurt reaction.
    I already told what I call that, it is cowardice.

They destroyed the second portal and hid away, after 10.000 years the legion came knocking on their door and they looked through countless possible futures and saw no favorable one they did the cowardly thing to do. Bend the knee, but this time there were a lot of them that had apparently grown something akin to a spine.

At this point the entire game is a ridiculous.

Blizzard has lost direction, lost touch, and without competition lost desire to innovate. Don't get me wrong, its the only MMO I've stuck with for this long, because its the only one that is quality, with lore that I care to learn (as shit as it is) it has the best aesthetics that happen to date very well, but the game isn't what it was and never will be again.

The fact that the Horde and Alliance are still at war is lazy and boring. I mean the segregation of the player base is slowly killing the game since people can hop servers / factions with a few bucks, no loyalty the only deep seated loyalty lie with the nerdiest-nerds. A game that should have been about PvP with PvE elements is the absolute polar opposite of that, but whats new right?

Anyone else hope wow dies sooner rather than later?
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    At this point the entire game is a ridiculous.

Blizzard has lost direction, lost touch, and without competition lost desire to innovate. Don't get me wrong, its the only MMO I've stuck with for this long, because its the only one that is quality, with lore that I care to learn (as shit as it is) it has the best aesthetics that happen to date very well, but the game isn't what it was and never will be again.

The fact that the Horde and Alliance are still at war is lazy and boring. I mean the segregation of the player base is slowly killing the game since people can hop servers / factions with a few bucks, no loyalty the only deep seated loyalty lie with the nerdiest-nerds. A game that should have been about PvP with PvE elements is the absolute polar opposite of that, but whats new right?

Anyone else hope wow dies sooner rather than later?
    Or, you could just move on and not spend time with it.

Crazy concept, but show some self-control.

The game hasn't really degraded that much in terms of lore, the whole of wow is just a giant tapestry of hey lets try this, oh no wait how about that. The most annoying xpack lorewise I'd say is still the burning crusade, followed by cata. People are outraged about the void elves today, but blizzard did pretty much the same back then with the draenei.

To be frank, it really doesn't have to make the most sense. Logically, I think Nightborne should have been neutral. Both factions helped them, and they would have reasons for helping both factions.

But remember, the nightborne are a race / nation of individuals. Characters in stories do not know they are in a story and are often flawed.

Nightborne as a race could just be very petty. I wouldn't exactly put that past any elf. The blood elves have some rather sympathetic similarities with the nightborne. That easily forms a sort of comradery.

If I was writing the story, they likely would have been neutral. But blizzard doesn't want another neutral race and if they HAVE to choose a faction, the horde makes more sense to me.

The night elves were right to treat them with caution. I think that caution is what ultimately costs them a potentially powerful ally unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The game hasn't really degraded that much in terms of lore, the whole of wow is just a giant tapestry of hey lets try this, oh no wait how about that. The most annoying xpack lorewise I'd say is still the burning crusade, followed by cata. People are outraged about the void elves today, but blizzard did pretty much the same back then with the draenei.
    No I agree, but lore-wise I mean as ridiculous as it is, is better than other mmos, like GW2, the lore is tragically bad, some of the worst I ever tried to follow, I just couldn't give a flying fuck about it was so bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

Or like maybe I already have, but just, ya' know putting it out there that its a good game, but absolutely fucking mongo from the outside looking in?

Or like maybe I already have, but just, ya' know putting it out there that its a good game, but absolutely fucking mongo from the outside looking in?
    Yeaaah...
    I'll stick with my initial impression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their reasons are wonderful once you listen to their jokes. They do nothing but trash Night Elves for being wooks.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Their reasons are wonderful once you listen to their jokes. They do nothing but trash Night Elves for being wooks.
    and in their flirts, they are hitting on Tyrande.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people wake up in the morning with one thing on their minds:

"What thing should I cry about today. I already cried about Starbucks not having enough reds and greens on their xmas cups... I already cried about having to walk an extra 10 feet because someone took that parking spot I always park in at work... OH, I KNOW! I'll cry about weak lore on a new sub race in this video game I play!"

Meanwhile, lil' Laqueera in Ethiopia is having a great day because she found a half opened can of beans in the trash and hadn't gotten beaten for a whole 6 hours.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2018-01-11 at 09:59 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Yeaaah...
    I'll stick with my initial impression.
    Sensitive cunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    and in their flirts, they are hitting on Tyrande.
    Yeah, that feels really out of place. But I suppose Tyrande leans more toward their shared history as a Priestess of Elune rather than a druid. It seems like there's a serious cultural divide, and they have next to nothing in common with modern Night Elves but everything with Blood Elves.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Also, Darkspears never really hated Elves and they are in the same faction as Blood Elves for a decade without any issue.
    The don't hate them, but don't love them either - they merely tolerate them.

Zandalari likely join after the Nightborne. Also, look at all dat dignity in the Alliance, where even a 10k old military and political leader is schooled with no protest by a human and everyone is in general overshadowed by humans and loses their identity in the process.
    I would actually like to see clash between Zandlari and elves within same faction.

What on earth are you talking about? The Nightborne started the insurrection and it was already progressing by the time other Elves tagged along. Thalyssra almost died to the cause, so directing some nonsense about Nightborne reliability at her in particular is also misplaced.
    I was merely talking about the context of reasoning behind NB joining, and how it looked like. I thought it was obvious enough.
    And all in all they still needed helf from outsiders so it was obvious that said outsiders would question them before sending help.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    The elves we're getting are the ones who didn't agree to let the demons be their new owners and rebelled. I know context is hard and such, but do try... Tyrande didn't try, so that's why her stupidity turned them away.
    Speaking of context, how's this one for you: the elves who shielded Suramar to keep the Legion away from the nightwell are the same elves who lowered their shield, gave the nightwell to Gul'dan and sided with the Legion. So, yeah, why should we trust them at face value not to repeat that same error, again?

A better synopsis:

"So you guys both helped us out a lot, wanna be friends?"

"Sure we'll be your friends!"
    "Hm... I don't know, you guys did leave us to die in the past, and now allowed demons into your midst, basically repeating the actions of the highborne ten thousand years ago... how do we know we can trust you at face value to not repeat the same mistake a third time?"
    Except the Nightfallen already started an insurrection. They were equivalent to Tyrande's group of Night Elves during WotA, not Azshara. So the accusation is misplaced as hell. By that measure Night Elves are just as applicable for Azshara accusations. They were Azshara's people as much as the Nightborne. Especially since it's Malfurion's brother that recreated the Well of Eternity. And Suramar was left to die too. After they saved the war effort by preventing another massive protal. That's why they erected the shield in the first place. Tyrande is throwing rocks in glass houses.

For the same reason we can't state orcs are warmongering blood-thirsty savages because of Garrosh, we can't state the Nightborne are good because of Thalyssra. The Nightborne, as a whole, have a lot of dirty laundry and skeletons in their closets from their past actions.
    Did I say they were good? No. Did the poster I replied to say they were bad? Also no. They however said that the Nightborne expected others to clean up their mess. Which is disproved by the fact they already had an ongoing rebellion by the time other Elves popped up. So Ramz's idea that Nightborne needed to prove their worth in the context of their mess, or that they needed to be encouraged to participate, is patent nonsense. You know, the point of my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Really is no point arguing with the biased buddies...you will never get anything straight out of them...all you'll get is the same old biased rhetoric over and over and over again.

Doesn't matter than the Nightborne were cowards that hid behind a shield and could of very well doomed their own brethren and the entire planet while they were sitting pretty and safe, it doesn't matter that their own people sold them out to the Legion at the first chance they got.

All that matters is they think Tyrande is a bitch for being cautious with a very untrustworthy people, Thalryssa was upset she got called a lemon, so she was mad she got called a lemon because she is a lemon and sided with the horde.
    Yeah, at this point it's really tiering to see people argue over it, it's the new elven drama that drives me nuts.

I'm not really fan of idea of adding yet another elven race to the Horde, but whatever. I agree though that the reasoning behind them joining would be less pathetic - especially how many people pointed out that NBgot more in common belves, so it would be much better to wrap story around it, rather than what we've got.

especially on how much fuss it brings on forums. I really hope that next expansion will feature very little of that stuff.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

How cute you don't address rebuttals to your previous point and instead instantly turn to whining about muh bias. Then flail around about "what if" nonsense about Nightborne having the potential to doom the world when the solid fact is that they saved it by sealing the second portal. And then erected a shield around their city when there was an army of demons marching, which was neither pretty nor safe, and they had no other option. So try to deal with the actual facts of the story.

- I don't understand the full story, but I'mma call it bullshit and cry incessantly about bad writing!!

While somewhat of a valid point here, let's be real, you'd say the exact same thing about most garbage piece of WoW's story that was then retconned 10 times into even worse garbage. Which kinda robs the credibility of said point in this case.

Same to you. You don't really need rush to Blizzard's defense every single time someone criticizes it. Show some self-control, it's rather ridiculous and it's unlikely that Blizzard actually cares about your shining armor endeavors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

well hey they sided with the legion for a cosy place in the new world order under the legion. speaks alot about them. goes well with horde "values".
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?