Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Japan will one day be full of robots and empty of humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Proof is the reality. USA being an immigrant country, whereas Europe closing her borders to even refugees.
    The reality is Europe has incredibly generous immigration policies that have managed to make France ~10% muslim, e.g.. Not sure how this follows from a racial purity ideology.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2018-01-09 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Most people in the West, particularly America argue that they know plenty of middle eastern people who are perfectly pleasant people, moderate and well assimilated. Yes, that's probably true because I also know people like that. However, to live there and get there, they have either been there for generations or have money. To have money, they would be educated. Education, aside from providing enlightenment and information about other cultures, is the death of extremism.

That's why so many M.E terror attacks focus on schools. It isn't just to keep people afraid, it's to keep them uneducated, unthinking members of a heard mentality. But this also means that combined with poverty, a large number of refugees are uneducated and as such, fairly stuck in their ways (no desire to assimilate).
    Yeah, that's probably why Europe has been seeing some issues. Not so much for the U.S. though, since we're pretty selective about who we take in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

look at xenophobic countries for example Japan etc... etc being what?
    dude I live here and i say anybody calling Japan xenophobic is another what was that guys name? paul logan? yeah get a fish and slam it on shops windows, disturb peace and society then call it xenophobic.

I live in Japan. 3 years passed and cannot see this xenophobia anywhere at all. I see none of it and mind you I am from one of the worst respectable countries of our time "Turkey".

Learn to behave. All these folks are here well mannered. They know peace, quiet, respect, traditions. Follow them. "White is right" じゃ*い、ここは 日本。

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    The reality is Europe has incredibly generous immigration policies that have managed to make France ~10% muslim, e.g.. Not sure how this follows from a racial purity ideology.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_France

It says 7.5%, which is far from "~%10" and that's the highest number given in that article. In addition to that, the article notes that France is the country with highest Muslim population in Western Europe. So, no, Europe does not have "generous" or lax immigration policies. It's the exact opposite. Europeans distaste any sort of immigrant, including themselves such as Eastern Europeans. If you've slept through 2017, let me give you the news; Brexit happened and its primary fuel was anti-immigrant/refugee sentiments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_France

It says 7.5%, which is far from "~%10" and that's the highest number given in that article. In addition to that, the article notes that France is the country with highest Muslim population in Western Europe. So, no, Europe does not have "generous" or lax immigration policies. It's the exact opposite. Europeans distaste any sort of immigrant, including themselves such as Eastern Europeans. If you've slept through 2017, let me give you the news; Brexit happened and its primary fuel was anti-immigrant/refugee sentiments.
    LOL, the anti-immigrant sentiment over Brexit was precisely because of the ease of movement within the Eurozone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    LOL, the anti-immigrant sentiment over Brexit was precisely because of the ease of movement within the Eurozone...
    And hence my point. Europeans are completely anti-immigrant, be it white or "brown".

And hence my point. Europeans are completely anti-immigrant, be it white or "brown".
    I think you should win Olympic gold for those mental gymnastics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think you should win Olympic gold for those mental gymnastics.
    No, the problem here is your reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Just because something is called a -phobia, doesn't mean it's a phobia
    The funny thing is, those that call it phobie, do not treat it as a phobia

When someone has Claustrophobia, you don't tell him "shut up and deal with it". You avoid taking him to small places
    When someone has Hypsophobia, you don't tell him "shut up and deal with it". You avoid taking him to high places
    When someone has Arcachnophobia, you don't tell him "shut up and deal with it". You avoid bringing spiders to him
    When someone has Xenophobia...
    Fill the blanks

Phobias are treated like a disorder that they are, and with respect to the person's condition
    Either xenophobia is not a real phobia, or people are assholes and don't respect the condition

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom007p View Post
    One death due to terrorism is too much we need to understand the root of the problem.
    I simply disagree. If a country accepts 10 000 refugees, no matter what the far right media tells you, less than 0,01% of those will likely be terrorists. So you save a lot of people from war and death at the cost of possibly a few terrorists. Say one terrorist then kills 5 people in an attack, this is the only terrorist attack that country sees in one year. Is it worth it for those 5 people to to die to save all those refugees? I say yes.

I mean, we accept that hundreds of thousands die each year in alcohol related car accidents, but we are not banning alcohol nor cars. Why not? Isn't one death enough? No. Gotta weigh risk against worth, and I think it's worth it to save lives. Definately more than I think having the right to be inebriated is worth all the deaths it causes.

Deleted
    phobic is fearful. fearful is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    I simply disagree. If a country accepts 10 000 refugees, no matter what the far right media tells you, less than 0,01% of those will likely be terrorists. So you save a lot of people from war and death at the cost of possibly a few terrorists. Say one terrorist then kills 5 people in an attack, this is the only terrorist attack that country sees in one year. Is it worth it for those 5 people to to die to save all those refugees? I say yes.

I mean, we accept that hundreds of thousands die each year in alcohol related car accidents, but we are not banning alcohol nor cars. Why not? Isn't one death enough? No. Gotta weigh risk against worth, and I think it's worth it to save lives. Definately more than I think having the right to be inebriated is worth all the deaths it causes.
    The thing is, refugees that go Europe are already in Turkey. They are already saved and away from war. You do not save any
    The main reason for them to leave Turkey and go to Europe, is financial. I don't blame them, I would have done the same. But say it for what it is, money

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    The thing is, refugees that go Europe are already in Turkey. They are already saved and away from war. You do not save any
    The main reason for them to leave Turkey and go to Europe, is financial. I don't blame them, I would have done the same. But say it for what it is, money
    Turkey takes a lot of Syrian refugees and the EU doesn't realize that it's actually helping Turkey by doing so. I've been to Istanbul last year again and the guide showed us the hundreds of freshly built apartment buildings. The city has more than 15m citizens already, so a few more doesn't really bother it and on top they are getting paid billions (not just millions) by the EU. It is unlikely that any Syrian ending up in Turkey is really compelled to leave for the EU at that point unless they already got family there at which point they have to get permission for that. In my point the best deal for refugees at this point is actually ending up in Turkey, not only are the people friendlier and more open than the average European but because of what other measures the EU is taking now, read on.

That said there are still some routes, especially the Lybia-Italy route is difficult to close which is why the EU is resorting to underhanded measures such as greasing the palms of hands of officials in countries that have a track record of human rights violations and who happen to be, quelle surprise!, the countries of origins. Then there are special deals also made with countries where people have to travel through and where criminal gangs are allowed to roam the desert which abduct, brutalize, rape and kill people. So that's their idea of "addressing the long-term causes for flight".

This is why I also find it ironic when people say: "People should STAND UP AND FIGHT for their country!". Only armchair farters can say that. The world is divided into blocs now, two of them being US and Russia, these days China also could be added in. The times when people could fight for their country have been long over since, and the only one you could fight for is for one of the blocs. So your win chance depends on how much another bloc allows you to, more often than not it's the one with vested economical interests. I have to say I certainly wouldn't lift a finger to fight for some stranger's opportunities to get more rich.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    I'm not sure if living like an animal in a glorified prison in turkey counts as "being" saved, but yeah.

I don't see any issue with a person being xenophobic ... as long as they don't treat ANY other people poorly.

For example - due to a mental disorder, I'm transphobic (but not homophobic) - as long as I don't then take that personal weakness and turn it into hate or public attacks, then there is nothing wrong.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    No, we're not "completely anti-immigrant". Had it been the case, our societies would have been MUCH better.

Not a single thing would Europe miss had all migrants from non-European countries never settled here.

Not a single.

We could do without anything they brought.

The more migrants from non-Europeans nations in school, the worse the grades. The worse the bullying. The worse the drain on resources (extra education for teachers, longer hours, etc). The more of them in a neighbourhood, the worse the social cohesion. Worse crime rate (a LOT worse crime rate). The more migrants, the worse a society in every aspect. Literally. Some areas look like the Middle East. People are rude, they just feel like robots and only connect to each other. It's like as a European, one is alien in the areas where migrants settle.

Thankfully Eastern Europeans haven't opened borders to these people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom007p View Post
    Who is to say Canada can’t become independent? We have loads of natural resources, the largest supply of fresh water and one of the most highly educated populations; I’m sure we could make ends meet by ourselves.
    Do you mean people coming to Canada as refuges or people coming to Canada as migrants to establish a life here. I can tell you right now that given Canadian diversity and history nearly everyone can trace their ancestry to non Canadian origins.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post

What obligation does a nation have to 'saving' people outside of it at the expense of even a single one of it's citizens being harmed?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    It's perfectly fine to want to keep things and people at a distance. It's perfectly fine to not want to bring customs into your life that you don't want. It's perfectly fine to not want to participate and join in with things you don't agree with.
    It's your right to keep people and things at a distance.

Except that distance doesn't extend into your neighbor's property. If my parents neighbor doesn't like the fact that there's an Asian immigrant living next to them, tough shit. They can suck it up or move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?