Thread: Gnome Vs Goblin

Gnome Vs Goblin

I play 'casually' Gnome Warlock and highly value 'Escape Artist' which removes all roots and snares on a 60sec CD -really helps in BG's when timed right.

Wanting to play an alt, looked at Goblin -also Affliction- and was surprised that 'Rocket Jump' is on a 90sec CD.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but comparing and contrasting both abilities, EA seem the far better one and on a lower CD?

I can always CC (coil/fear/stun/mez) my target and use EA to LoS before CC is over .. or at least get out of charge/pull/root range. RJ while has a 1x yrd range, it will not work/fail some terrain and is on a 90sec CD.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Cempa; 2018-01-06 at 12:49 PM.

Deleted
    The Rocket jump racial is kinda useless beyond low level pvp though, since everyone has multiple gap closers these days.

It's just a fun racial ability that once in a full moon actually might be useful in pvp.
    If you really want good pvp racials, look at some of the other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    On my goblin toons, RJ has gotten me quickly back in range of my healers many times, or instantly out of range of an enemy and saved my ass. Also when an enemy's gap closers are on cooldown.

On my gnomes, EA is good as well but only for roots and such, doesn't work on all forms of CC. Perhaps they should both be on the same CD (either 60 or 90 sec.) but they're different racials and are used differently.

Goblins have disproportionate huge feet so they waddle.

Deleted
    I more like Goblin's racial: it has better potential, besides you can use the dps racial if you don't like the rocket one. CD is really a bit too long.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkaholic View Post
    Goblins have disproportionate huge feet so they waddle.
    gnomes too, i mean, too small for the body

Also, the head is disproportional, huge and obnoxious

Goblin is my second race, because of racials, the jump and the little haste helps a lot
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-01-14 at 12:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait, just to make sure i got this right.
    you made an alt, and it is the same class?
    <insert "but why" meme>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I play 'casually' Gnome Warlock and highly value 'Escape Artist' which removes all roots and snares on a 60sec CD -really helps in BG's when timed right.

Wanting to play an alt, looked at Goblin -also Affliction- and was surprised that 'Rocket Jump' is on a 90sec CD.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but comparing and contrasting both abilities, EA seem the far better one and on a lower CD?

I can always CC (coil/fear/stun/mez) my target and use EA to LoS before CC is over .. or at least get out of charge/pull/root range. RJ while has a 1x yrd range, it will not work/fail some terrain and is on a 90sec CD.

Thoughts?
    High ranked Goblin here(also progression Raider).

Rocket Jump is the underdog of all racials.

You can do so much with it, it's just crazy(it takes the player to see these things thou). Its a gap closer or kiting tool in general(crucial when you need to get in range, when being kited or when you have to jump behind some pillar in order to avoid ranged attacks). Also, you can do all kind of things to trick a guy. You can jump down from cliffs without taking damage. You can ignore fall mechanics when raiding.

Granted, its value is less, if you are a Mage(Blink is better)or a Sub Rogue because you don't take fall damage(then again, you might be in a situation, when a hunter is kiting you and you want to land your Kidney). But if you are a Warlock with Demonic Circle, it feels like you are every where on the map(helps a lot when you are not mobile). Warrior with "double leap" is also very cool.

It's just the fun and skill factor combined, to make up things from a situation, when nobody expects anything.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2018-01-11 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    High ranked Goblin here(also progression Raider).

Rocket Jump is the underdog of all racials.

You can do so much with it, it's just crazy(it takes the player to see these things thou). Its a gap closer or kiting tool in general(crucial when you need to get in range, when being kited or when you have to jump behind some pillar in order to avoid ranged attacks). Also, you can do all kind of things to trick a guy. You can jump down from cliffs without taking damage. You can ignore fall mechanics when raiding.

Granted, its value is less, if you are a Mage(Blink is better)or a Sub Rogue because you don't take fall damage(then again, you might be in a situation, when a hunter is kiting you and you want to land your Kidney). But if you are a Warlock with Demonic Circle, it feels like you are every where on the map(helps a lot when you are not mobile). Warrior with "double leap" is also very cool.

It's just the fun and skill factor combined, to make up things from a situation, when nobody expects anything.
    Do you use rocket jump after or before demonic circle? Everywhere in the map sounds too much anyway XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by axlkix View Post
    Do you use rocket jump after or before demonic circle? Everywhere in the map sounds too much anyway XD
    Always before DC(so you can port back, while flying/falling/kiting).

I love being on edges, jumping off with Rocket and just portal back(people just follows me out of reaction by jumping down. I turned games in arena by doing so). Or just jump down from a cliff when being ganked in some BG.

It has also saved my ass countless times while raiding, because if i forgot to move a bit further(charge mechanic, run away etc.)or I have to avoid something on the floor.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2018-01-11 at 10:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a goblin dk, i love my rocket jump soo much and would never give it away
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..