Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/951605956214837251

So supposedly very soon. But y'all are right, they're not leaving much time between the post and the end of the work day to respond to community, unless they're going to be doing so from home later this evening.
    Given their "plans for months to come" comment i'm assuming this is a "we are listening and will try harder" pr speak wall with plans to add some fixes to dlc2.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Given their "plans for months to come" comment i'm assuming this is a "we are listening and will try harder" pr speak wall with plans to add some fixes to dlc2.
    We're getting 2 updates, this broader one and a "this week at bungie" one more focused on the more immediate future, apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Raids now require keys acquired from the Eververse!"

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46567

And we live with the dev blog, time to dig through it.

Just skimmed it and I can't see anything in there that makes me want to return full time in the slightest.

Having a proper read now though.

Ok now I'll ask again. Why should I return? That devblog was nothing special at all.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-12 at 12:52 AM.

So all in all thats about what i expected. Eververse shit added to rewards and a few carrots for player retention. But shit like "dealing with shaders" for autumn? yeah i don't think people have that kind of patience.

So all in all thats about what i expected. Eververse shit added to rewards and a few carrots for player retention. But shit like "dealing with shaders" for autumn? yeah i don't think people have that kind of patience.
    Yeah think I'm going to uninstall it and just look for a similar type of game. Bungie really messed up with Destiny 2 and well they have nobody to blame but themselves for this.

Did a quick read and I like it for the most part, even if I wish much of it was coming sooner. It seems like by the time spring rolls around the game will be much closer to the state it should have been in at launch, especially on the PC front. Nearly 6 months after it launched : /

One thing did really strike me about that letter thought: Never once was there an attempt to apologize for their screw ups and terrible communication in 2017. They have grand plans for 2018 and they say they want to communicate more often (talk is cheap, we've heard that before), and while an apology wouldn't fix anything it would at least have been a nice nod to show they care about the community. Quite disappointed that there was nothing of the sort in there.

Oh well, will do a more thorough read when I get home from work.

I looked at it and it looks like Bungie run of the mill stuff, Like I have said before repeating Destiny 1.

Love how they added in the Eververse shit when the vast majority of the community has openly said they want it gone. This all feels like low hanging fruit to try to keep the community from raging.

News Flash Bungie, Eververse isn't content and the community doesn't want it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I looked at it and it looks like Bungie run of the mill stuff, Like I have said before repeating Destiny 1.

Love how they added in the Eververse shit when the vast majority of the community has openly said they want it gone. This all feels like low hanging fruit to try to keep the community from raging.

News Flash Bungie, Eververse isn't content and the community doesn't want it.
    Eververse isn't going away, anyone who thought/thinks it ever will is silly.

But they addressed the core issue of Eververse, the one that folks mostly glossed over as they blamed every problem that game faced on Eververse - the disparity in where rewards come from. They were far too heavily focused on Eververse, and these steps seem like a solid step in the right direction to moving many rewards outside of Eververse for non-spenders while also giving more direct-purchase option so folks aren't left relying on RNG lootboxes.

Eververse isn't going away, anyone who thought/thinks it ever will is silly.

But they addressed the core issue of Eververse, the one that folks mostly glossed over as they blamed every problem that game faced on Eververse - the disparity in where rewards come from. They were far too heavily focused on Eververse, and these steps seem like a solid step in the right direction to moving many rewards outside of Eververse for non-spenders while also giving more direct-purchase option so folks aren't left relying on RNG lootboxes.
    problem is these 'solid steps in the right direction' are "maybe by autumn this will be on par with destiny 1 pre TTK" and thats just not good enough to generate interest. Everything they want to come in bloody autumn i have in destiny 1 already. That timeframe is kind of ridiculous and things like masterworks are just really lame attempts at new carrots to keep retention up and they just dont interest me at all when the activities are exactly the same bar losing that asinine timed nightfall idea.
    Trouble of course is the rate bungie works at i.e: real slow compared to just about every other persistent game not in maintenance mode they were never going to fix this quick so in the end their short term problems are the same. 6v6 is what people asked for ...buuut its on maps balanced for 4v4. new vault space is nice ....buuut if masterworks armour and exotics are coming AND more shit in dlc/expansions thats a temp fix.

The trouble is they cant change the core game. The things people want from D1 in many cases are just not going to work here. So that comes back to waiting till autumn and i think people can wait sure. Will they feel the need to play now? not really.

problem is these 'solid steps in the right direction' are "maybe by autumn this will be on par with destiny 1 pre TTK" and thats just not good enough to generate interest. Everything they want to come in bloody autumn i have in destiny 1 already. That timeframe is kind of ridiculous and things like masterworks are just really lame attempts at new carrots to keep retention up and they just dont interest me at all when the activities are exactly the same bar losing that asinine timed nightfall idea.
    I'm not disagreeing at all, and that seems to be a common sentiment amongst D1 players. But the game looks like it will be in a decent space by late-spring, assuming they can get DLC2 out around that time and it doesn't suck, which isn't bad. But you're right, it's not looking like the game will be in good place until much later this year, roughly a year after launch.

And this is all assuming Bungie doesn't fuck shit up left and right again, which seems to be a habit for them lately.

The trouble is they cant change the core game. The things people want from D1 in many cases are just not going to work here. So that comes back to waiting till autumn and i think people can wait sure. Will they feel the need to play now? not really.
    Agreed. One thing I was super disappointed was completely absent from the letter - any mention of changes to specs/talents/abilities, some of the more RPG focused elements. That's a constant source of criticism, and I can't tell if it's just that much lower on their priority list or if they missed it entirely.

I dunno, silly as it may sound the time frame doesn't really bother me for some of this stuff.

Its the kind of game that is fun enough that I can pick it up whenever its worth picking up and put it down whenever its not. Its not like wow where I need to get hyper invested, I can come and go as I please. Which suits me fine.

Most of it sounds like its going in the right direction, the one thing though was it sounded like they're adding mods to bright engrams? (iirc you can't get them from bright engrams now yeah?) which they said they were sensitive about p2w concerns surrounding that. That sounds... like something that could turn out concerning later on. Guess we'll see.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2018-01-12 at 01:44 AM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I'm not disagreeing at all, and that seems to be a common sentiment amongst D1 players. But the game looks like it will be in a decent space by late-spring, assuming they can get DLC2 out around that time and it doesn't suck, which isn't bad. But you're right, it's not looking like the game will be in good place until much later this year, roughly a year after launch.

And this is all assuming Bungie doesn't fuck shit up left and right again, which seems to be a habit for them lately.

Agreed. One thing I was super disappointed was completely absent from the letter - any mention of changes to specs/talents/abilities, some of the more RPG focused elements. That's a constant source of criticism, and I can't tell if it's just that much lower on their priority list or if they missed it entirely.
    Their PR mus be working because im optimistic... Fuck me

Re-read through the post and honestly...I'm not sure why this took almost 2 weeks to assemble. It's pretty barebones and barely elaborates on anything. I get much is still a ways off, but I was hoping for a lot more info/context, especially on the things coming sooner.

Also, I know it says "Fall 2018 (or sooner)" but...what about summer?

And I'm kinda disappointed they're not doing anything to change core gearing, which is bland and boring as fuck. I dunno, after taking time to re-read and think some more I'm not terribly impressed with this list, especially given the endless "we're listening's" we've heard so far. Doubly so that there's literally nothing about adding an ounce of depth to the talent trees to make builds remotely interesting.

And probably the biggest thing that disappointed me was them dropping this basically at the end of the work day and then seeming to bail. If I'm wrong please correct me, but I was really hoping that they'd drop this early and then have a few folks (community guy and 1-2 of the leads) spend the day responding to questions/concerns/feedback, really take the day to communicate as clearly as possible and allay fears/concerns. Instead we got a list that looks similar, and even less elaborated upon, than what we got in November and I feel like there was one before that, but I can't find it. Also depressing to read almost the exact same, "We promise to communicate better!" nonsense. If they don't deliver on that improved communication they're going to lose a lot more players.

Gah, I want to be optimistic, but it's just so hard in the face of them making so many makes simply rolling out this dev blog. So many missed opportunities to really start the year off on the right foot with a new chapter, it still seems like the same Bungie from last year that left folks largely disappointed.

And still super frustrated that they haven't figured out how to address experience, and I'd much rather have it be the way it was before to be honest. Still feels way slower than it used to be which is annoying as hell.

Gah, I want to be optimistic, but it's just so hard in the face of them making so many makes simply rolling out this dev blog. .
    That's what I was talking about early'er, I have already seen this PR spin from Bungie back with Destiny 1. I hope those playing enjoy what "changes" they bring but it isn't going to be much.

The major changes Destiny 2 need's isn't coming until they do another version of The Taken King and it costing the players another $40. This is to just give a small carrot on a stick and doesn't fix core issues. No one is going to give a dam what "rewards" they put in the raid content if the raid itself isn't fun or people have trouble finding groups for it.

I guess all we can do is wait and see how it turns out, I would advise not holding you breath on it being worth wild.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That's what I was talking about early'er, I have already seen this PR spin from Bungie back with Destiny 1. I hope those playing enjoy what "changes" they bring but it isn't going to be much.

The major changes Destiny 2 need's isn't coming until they do another version of The Taken King and it costing the players another $40. This is to just give a small carrot on a stick and doesn't fix core issues. No one is going to give a dam what "rewards" they put in the raid content if the raid itself isn't fun or people have trouble finding groups for it.

I guess all we can do is wait and see how it turns out, I would advise not holding you breath on it being worth wild.
    Have to agree with you. I was considering buying Osiris, but still on the fence. The magic has faded from D1. Its like they forgot what ended up making the first one good and threw it all away.

I think the only real improvemnt they ended up making was guild stuff and even that feels lackluster.

Looks like a bunch of bandaid fixes and simply giving us back the shit we already had in D1. Lackluster to say the least. Not very impressed with this especially considering how the community has been at the breaking point for so long now. Any real worthwhile fixes won’t be coming until the first big expansion this fall (like we all knew).

And they’re still so focused and worried about fucking Eververse that it simply leaves a bad taste in my mouth. You can tell they’re still more worried about keeping people spending money on that shit instead of the things they should really be focusing on. And even though it’s a good thing that they’re bringing 6v6 back, it’s nothing more than a big fucking pile of hypocrisy and dumbassery on Bungie’s part there.

Disappointing is probably the nicest word I can use to describe this development update.

Nothing really makes me excited.

I realize they have to "fix" eververse after the community feedback and are probably shifting many ressources to implement the achievement system to gain those rewards. I never really cared, if you play a while you have enough ghosts, vehicles and ships to choose from, and the rest is just cosmetics, nothing that sparks my interest.

XP rates is pretty much tied to the engrams, so the same applies here.

Masterwork armor is a nice addition, but "reducing damage taken during super" as only available stat sounds overly boring to me.

Raid reward rework without any proper raid finder interface is utterly pointless to me, as none of my friends I raided with play the game anymore nor will those changes bring any incentive for them to return. And since the raid is all about coordination, communication and organization with a rather slow learning curve of the group they would need to drastically reduce the difficulty of the current raid to make it "puggable".

Strike scoring sounds nice, although I don't see how you could force competitive teamplay without a timelimit.

The rest of the february update is just hotfix material that should have been ingame from the start.

The spring update seems to concentrate on PVP changes, and a few balance changes that other games would just hotfix on the way.

And the fall update is so diffuse that there is hardly anything that might or might not change.

Overall pretty disappointing, I still don't see reasons that would make doing events or strikes I've done dozens of times already worthwhile.

Honestly, there's some nice things and the rest just looks useless for the most part. But the worse things are the stuff that are not mentioned:
    - no plan on making adventures/lost sectors/patrols useful
    - no queue/LFG tool ingame for group activities
    - chat only in Tower is nice but not enough
    - masterwork armor damage reduction may be nice if you have high uptime of your super, but is very weak for the opposite situation (and makes the 1 hit nuke hunter exotic useless which i'm using and it's the best i can use)
    - no mention about making exotics better
    - no mention about making itemization overall better
    - no mention in making classes/specs more interesting and gameplay more differentiated

Also timing. Slow as hell for this kind of stuff that needed to be in game from the start, february update doesn0t brung much to the table and the rest is dissolved into a year of nothingness.

The point is that all people have bought the game already. They got their money so why they have to actually develop anything.

Literally D3 again all over the place, just from another company.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.