Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    I am a horde player and actually I agree almost 100%

And please, Malfurion was always written as oh-so-powerful druid, but he has shown nothing but being pathetic and blind crazy old guy.
    And Tyrande? One of the most annoying bitches there are.

Look at BElves. We have Rommath, Halduron, Liadrin and the badass Lorthemar who just dumped shit on void Alleria.
    Did I also mention Nightborne? <3
    None of the blood elf leaders you mentionned are badass.

And mark my words. The Horde will lose Silvermoon in the end of BfA.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post

I wonder if blizz is willing to poke that hornets nest, blood elf fans are the most vocal of all fan groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I wonder if blizz is willing to poke that hornets nest, blood elf fans are the most vocal of all fan groups.
    Well the Horde is loosing Lordaeron so everything is possible.

But the Horde having both Suramar and Silvermoon while Dalaran is neutral doesn't serve the story purpose. To me it is inevitable.
    Silvermoon will probably be Alliance while the Blood elves will still maintain control over the Sunwell, defending it against the void elves seeking to corrupt it.
    Last edited by elbleuet; 2018-01-11 at 10:15 PM.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the Horde is loosing Lordaeron so everything is possible.

But the Horde having both Suramar and Silvermoon while Dalaran is neutral doesn't serve the story purpose. To me it is inevitable.
    Silvermoon will probably be Alliance while the Blood elves will still maintain control over the Sunwell, defending it against the void elves seeking to corrupt it.
    There is no chance the Alliance will take Silvermoon.

The Horde needs a base in the Eastern Kingdoms. Gameplay will always override story.

The Alliance MIGHT attack Silvermoon as part of the story, but they will almost certainly fail due to the above gameplay reason. Ditto any Horde attack on the Exodar.

Silvermoon will remain what it is today, a dedicated Horde capital city.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

The Horde needs a base in the Eastern Kingdoms. Gameplay will always override story.

The Alliance MIGHT attack Silvermoon as part of the story, but they will almost certainly fail due to the above gameplay reason. Ditto any Horde attack on the Exodar.

I hope you're right, but I'm very uneasy with the horde having both Silvermoon and Suramar, it will not last, and if one has to go, i'd prefer Suramar to go, and we keep Silvermoon esp since I know they will do it up at some point.

My biggest fear is that the void elves will be hugely popular, swinging the player weight of the elf races on the alliance side for the Thalassian elves, in which case blizzard will give them Silvermoon and the blood elves move into Suramar. or they could surprise us all and make both cities shared - heard an interesting theory on the official forums about Suramar being shared via friendship between night elf and nightborne despite being in opposite factions,a nd Silvermoon being shared out of love for the sunwell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

I was the first one saying that void elves were a thing and I was told "NO IT CAN T HAPPEN BECAUSE REASONS". You can't say it won't happen, even if what I'm saying isn't 100% going to happen.
    But the situation where the Horde's having both Suramar and Silvermoon while Dalaran is still neutral is obviously going to end at some point. For the record Dalaran stayed Alliance for only one expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Taking away the possibility to use these powers for both peaceful and hostile purposes within the Alliance against their common enemies, the night elves have been made to act like humans would because everything that was unique to them was taken away from them and forcibly shared.
    That's wrong and I'll tell you why: what truly made Night Elves somewhat characteristic wasn't the nature magic of their druids but the ferocious, borderline xenophobic attitude of their sentinels; in WoW, however, Night Elves are basically Wood-High Elves but with none of their grayest shades.

In addition to this, major characters related to the night elven civilization have been turned into neutral heroes, such as Malfurion and Cenarius. They've been hit hard by the Cataclysm and their civilization was written as a waning one from the onset of WoW. This is why human characters and human lore take no blame for what is happening with the night elves nor is it surprising that night elves act like "purple humans".
    So what? The Human race has the greatest amount of once-Alliance-gone-neutral characters and yet they remain the utterly dominant race in the Alliance.

You're seriously looking for the right issue in the wrongest of places.

Well at least they have personalities, unlike certain High Elf leeching mana in Dalaran.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Were the Night Elves' ever portrayed as savage, xenophobic, and ferocious beyond concept art and lore? I mean in Warcraft 3 we see the Night Elves just being generic wood elves defending against the Orc incursion and then the Legion. And WoW is simply a continuation of Warcraft 3 in MMO form.

I don't think the savage Night Elf culture displayed in the old Metzen and Samwise drawings ever made it into the games.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Were the Night Elves' ever portrayed as savage, xenophobic, and ferocious beyond concept art and lore? I mean in Warcraft 3 we see the Night Elves just being generic wood elves defending against the Orc incursion and then the Legion. And WoW is simply a continuation of Warcraft 3 in MMO form.
    Hell, the first mission of the Night Elf campaign back in WC3 is butchering everything breathing in Ashenvale, Orcs and Humans alike. They even slay a freaking Paladin.

If you see everything approaching your lands as an "incursion" and go balls to the wall against it then you're indeed savage and xenophobic.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

I don't think the savage Night Elf culture displayed in the old Metzen and Samwise drawings ever made it into the games.
    Nah, they were ruthless, and fought savagely against Grom Hellscream (who described their fighting style as savage (he'd just met them), but they were never portrayed as actually being savage, quite the opposite with their high civilization history - I think primal was what blizzard was aiming for. Chris Metzen later shared that some of his earlier ideas for night elves had them as savage, but that never made it into the game, they were this bunch of arcane elves that had cooled it on the arcane to prevent their legion enemy from returning and had turned their skills to mastering the natural world without their greatest asset.

WC3, where they join us sees them end their long vigil period and from TFT on their people start a new chapter. Not even their druids in animal form gave off the savage vibe/ They were always purple pretties. They shared identical models with high/blood elves in both WC3 and WoW - till TBC (ears aside) - the reason they share different models is prob because blizzard back them was very particular about player models having different silhouettes and a unique feel, especially across factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Hell, the first mission of the Night Elf campaign back in WC3 is butchering everything breathing in Ashenvale, Orcs and Humans alike. They even slay a freaking Paladin.

If you see everything approaching your lands as an "incursion" and go balls to the wall against it then you're indeed savage and xenophobic.
    That's just standard wood elf behavior though, nothing savage as portrayed in the concept art. And in the Night elf starting mission, the Orcs already killed Cenarius so it's not your typical incursion, it's more like: "hey those MFers killed our demigod" of course they're going to go ham. The humans were spotted as being in the same team as Orcs, so the Night Elves presumed they were colluding together.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Bwahaha, keep them. Silvermoon is more than likely to fall shortly after we take UC, assuming the shitty Sunwell doesn't do you guys in first. Apparently the Sunwell is secretly corrupted by the void already so only a matter of time for the BE capital to be attacked by the void from inside their own walls.
    It was almost corrupted by Alleria (by accident), but it was stabilized with the help of Thalyssra.

Sorry, no tentacle-land for the Alliance.

Meanwhile, the Alliance is embracing both the forces of the Void and the Light. We're recruiting what's left of the Army of the Light alongside the forces of the Void that can be trained. So, while the Horde is getting stomped by N'zoth and other forces of the Void the Alliance has already recruited forces who understand the Void and forces that are the answer to the Void.
    The void can't be controlled forever. It always corrupts whoever uses it eventually. Even Alleria acknowledged that she will one day go insane.

In other words, the Alliance has brought ticking time bombs into their fold.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-01-12 at 08:33 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

Every single one of those blood elven leaders has more character an development than Alleria, even Hauldruon is more badass and he has done almost nothing in lore other than be Lor'themar's second and poking out Zul'jin's eye.

Using emo magic while thinking about your family doesn't make you badass, it takes an already cliched character and makes her woefully even more shallow as a character. They punched the racial pride out of her and turned her into a subservient little elf for Anduin.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2018-01-12 at 03:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just standard wood elf behavior though, nothing savage as portrayed in the concept art. And in the Night elf starting mission, the Orcs already killed Cenarius so it's not your typical incursion, it's more like: "hey those MFers killed our demigod" of course they're going to go ham. The humans were spotted as being in the same team as Orcs, so the Night Elves presumed they were colluding together.
    The Night Elves started their murdering campaign the moment they assaulted Grom's expedition for literally no other reason but "muh sacred forest". Cenarius' death was kind the result of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    So what? The Human race has the greatest amount of once-Alliance-gone-neutral characters and yet they remain the utterly dominant race in the Alliance.
    They actually aren't dominant. You've got Anduin, Jaina and some Gilnean-turned-worgen people.

Khadgar doesn't even count as Alliance, Turalyon is basically a lightforged and more than a simple human at this point and Jaina was last seen 1.5 years ago. The most-present Alliance characters in Legion are night elves, draenei, worgen, high elves and then humans(speaking of Alliance-alligned humans, not humans as the whole race because they can be found in almost any organization on Azeroth).
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-01-12 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    The void can't be controlled forever. It always corrupts whoever uses it eventually. Even Alleria acknowledges that she will one day go insane.
    It's probably safe to assume that Blizzard will contrive some sort of work around for this particular issue.

There have been numerous posts which speculate about the fundamental workings of either the Light or the Void, and interesting parallels exist in how users experience being engorged with their respective energies. It's possible that what Light-wielders conceptualize as "sentience", within the Light, is instead just the voice/voices of some higher beings of Light and not entirely unlike the Void; conversely, it's possible that neither of them are actually hearing any voices other than that which already exists in their own minds (meaning, it's a conversation with ones conscience).

Either way, it's doubtful that they plan on implementing an entire race into the game with an explicit intention of having them all eventually succumb to wickedness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    As a horde player, I wish we would never win anything elven related. Elves are cancer of the horde. Seriously.
    ^^ QFT

I've been saying the same for years and years..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    It's probably safe to assume that Blizzard will contrive some sort of work around for this particular issue.

It's doubtful that they plan on implementing an entire race into the game with an explicit intention of having them all eventually succumb to wickedness.
    I was speaking in terms of lore.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-01-12 at 08:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was the first one saying that void elves were a thing and I was told "NO IT CAN T HAPPEN BECAUSE REASONS". You can't say it won't happen, even if what I'm saying isn't 100% going to happen.
    But the situation where the Horde's having both Suramar and Silvermoon while Dalaran is still neutral is obviously going to end at some point. For the record Dalaran stayed Alliance for only one expansion.
    No, no it's not. There is absolutely no reason for the Alliance to take Silvermoon, and every reason for the Horde to hold on to it.

Just because some Alliance players feel salty about the current story isn't an excuse to take away the Horde's last major city in the EK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    They punched the racial pride out of her and turned her into a subservient little elf for Anduin.
    Still better than being the mouthpiece of an undead witch if you ask me. At least, Anduin is somewhat respectful toward Alleria. The same can't be said with Sylvanas.

Well at least they have personalities.
    Aside from Rommath who's awesome, you must be joking.
    And taking care of its hairs doesn't count as a personality aspect if you were talking about Lor'Thewho.

No, no it's not. There is absolutely no reason for the Alliance to take Silvermoon, and every reason for the Horde to hold on to it.

Just because some Alliance players feel salty about the current story isn't an excuse to take away the Horde's last major city in the EK.
    The only one I see being salty here is you.