Thread: Black Desert

Deleted
    REEEEEE, no dungeons, we want separated content from game world so nobody could gank us!

REEEEEE, we don't want to kill mobs, we want LFR with instant epicz!

REEEEEE, we paid whopping 5 USD but the game still has microtransactions!

Guys do you understand that you are the reason why current wow is what it is now?

I guess it is a good thing that you don't play BDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    REEEEEE, no dungeons, we want separated content from game world so nobody could gank us!

Guys do you understand that you are the reason why current wow is what it is now?

It's a wonder that the Black Desert community has a bad rep. This isn't how you attract folks to play the game, bro, this is how you ensure that they never try it or never return.

Just because you are terrible at naming all the good things Black Desert has doesn't mean insulting anyone with criticism is an effective argument. You're Black Desert's version of Slipmat or Wackywoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's a wonder that the Black Desert community has a bad rep. This isn't how you attract folks to play the game, bro, this is how you ensure that they never try it or never return.
    I've done my time with the Legend of Mir & MU Online, Korea can keep its grindfests! no more 30 hours per level(and eventually more like 100-200) just to gain a slightly bigger e-penis against other players not falling for that a 3rd time!

Really not a great way to get players interested in your game by deflecting to another to make yours appear better and attacking those who play a different MMO. Really making me want to reinstall it right now......

Also you really don't want to open that can of worms because you are comparing games aimed at two different audiences and two completely different kinds of player.

And no. All I wanted was a "next generation" MMORPG. Tell me one thing "next gen" about this.

Oh and I paid around £30 when I bought it on launch. So no not everyone paid the price it is on Steam. And I can't say it was money well spent. Especially since they threw in the "no refund" policy to cover their backsides.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-12 at 01:25 AM.

I play WoW and I play BDO.. love them both for different reasons. The only thing you do by acting like that is harming the game/community, might want to think twice before you trow a tantrum

Nobody said anything about wanting free epics or lfr but how about some basic pve activities that's not grind mobs that don't do anything. Hell the next update actually fucking adds quests which will probably end up being mob grinds.

And open world dungeons could work if they add actual bosses with mechanics but that would require effort
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Hey, I'll take even mob grinding, if only they weren't braindead. BDO is all about grouping a bunch of them and then using 2 skills to AoE them down. What a waste of an action combat system.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Hey, I'll take even mob grinding, if only they weren't braindead. BDO is all about grouping a bunch of them and then using 2 skills to AoE them down. What a waste of an action combat system.
    You forgot the mention the 15 min it takes you to loot those mobs you just killed unless you put in an extra twenty bucks.

Started this game with a friend yesterday, since we were just looking for a simple grinding game for fun. But seriously I have never seen something as confusing as this game. We really have no idea what to do, where to go...
    What quests are mandatory, which are not...
    While looking really pretty, confusing so far. Also are there not any dmg numbers or real healthbars at all?

WoW is infinitely better than this game and isn't pay to win, though.

@LoopyLoop what you're doing right now is the entire game.

You just round up groups of mobs and aoe them down, that's the entirety of pve. You can go do quests, but the pve combat is just gathering mobs up and aoeing them down until you get tired of it. You also have to make sure you buy insanely overpriced cash shop items to level efficiently.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by LoopyLoop View Post
    Started this game with a friend yesterday, since we were just looking for a simple grinding game for fun. But seriously I have never seen something as confusing as this game. We really have no idea what to do, where to go...
    What quests are mandatory, which are not...
    While looking really pretty, confusing so far. Also are there not any dmg numbers or real healthbars at all?
    You don't need to do any quests. Black Spirit ones guide you through the game and give you some decent shit.

And it's far from simple, it's complex as fuck. It's just the grinding/pay to win that's utter shit.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You don't need to do any quests. Black Spirit ones guide you through the game and give you some decent shit.

And it's far from simple, it's complex as fuck. It's just the grinding/pay to win that's utter shit.

Don't you have to do black spirit line to be able to hit a certain lvl? like you are capped if you don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Don't you have to do black spirit line to be able to hit a certain lvl? like you are capped if you don't do it.
    That... sounds awful if true.

It reminds me a little of FF14 1.0 where you could literally stop gaining XP and have to wait or do something else until you could again.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Not quite. When you reach lvl 49 you get a quest from the spirit that allows you to get past 50. But you don't need to do the whole questline. Only that one quest, which takes like 10 minutes.

It's because at level 50 you can be attacked by others. So if you never want to PvP you can just stay at lvl 49.99% and not do that quest.

@Eleccybubb

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Not quite. When you reach lvl 49 you get a quest from the spirit that allows you to get past 50. But you don't need to do the whole questline. Only that one quest, which takes like 10 minutes.

It's because at level 50 you can be attacked by others. So if you never want to PvP you can just stay at lvl 49.99% and not do that quest.

@Eleccybubb

That I didn't know about. I just remembered you had that quest to be able to lvl further. Been awhile since I played.

Deleted

the mobile version somehow seems better than the pc version. Apparently it even has party dungeons

Thanks everyone. We played up to lv50 now and actually its really fun.
    I really love the mindless mob grinding every now and then. I havent looked into many systems like housing and and of the "life"stuff but I will give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by LoopyLoop View Post
    Thanks everyone. We played up to lv50 now and actually its really fun.
    I really love the mindless mob grinding every now and then. I havent looked into many systems like housing and and of the "life"stuff but I will give it a try.
    Fishing is a good start. Buy a Balenos Fishing Rod and just AFK fish in Tarif or Heidel overnight. You'll be back to a few Relic Shards, which sell for 800K or so. Or you can keep them and create Relic Scrolls, which let you summon 3 bosses near Behr ( South-West corner of the map ) that drop Memory Fragments.

Now those Fragments are probably the most important resource for gearing up, since they're the only viable way of repairing Boss Gear ( gear that's Yellow from the start and bears the name Bheg, Tree Spirit, Red Nose ( you don't want that ), Muskan, Giath, Kzarka, Dandelion, Nouver, Khutum )

I named those just so you don't mistake them for Ultimate gear ( also yellow ) which can be repaired normally.

TLDR

Save your Memory Fragments, trust me.