Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    I agree - there are good people all over this world that that would benefit the USA if they immigrated In fact, that is what the RAISE act is all about - quality immigrants.

The illiterate rock farmer from El Salvador is not an asset for the USA - and El Salvador is a shithole of a country.
    What is for you a non shithole country ? A country not run by a paranoid nutjob and where the national sport is not stockpiling weapons and building bunkers for when the Russian-Chineses are going to invade ?

(If you had Yugoslavs, that would be an accurate description of Albania...)

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I mean who would hate on the statue of liberty? Thats like unamerican or some shit.
    I think its a tad retarded to base something as complicated as immigration policy on a statue given to us by France to commemorate our independence in the 1800s.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Ok, Ransath, be really honest. Do you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY think that the Italian or Irish migrant from the mid 1850's was litterate/talking English/had any skill beyond farming ?
    I usually do not respond to you- and for good reason. Try living in the present - your analogy is pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I think its a tad retarded to base something as complicated as immigration policy on a statue given to us by France to commemorate our independence in the 1800s.

It is well beyond "a tad".

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Ok, Ransath, be really honest. Do you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY think that the Italian or Irish migrant from the mid 1850's was litterate/talking English/had any skill beyond farming ?
    Do you think the US economy has evolved at all since the 1850s where unskilled labor was highly desired? Did those immigrants sneak in? Did generation after generation refuse to learn english?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    “Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?”
    I believe the Statue of Liberty has your answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma Lazarus
    Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    "Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    I agree - there are good people all over this world that that would benefit the USA if they immigrated In fact, that is what the RAISE act is all about - quality immigrants.

The illiterate rock farmer from El Salvador is not an asset for the USA - and El Salvador is a shithole of a country.
    That "illiterate rock farmer" might be a huge asset to the United States, you don't know him/her. You are blindly judging the quality of people you do not know because of your ignorance and preconceived notions. That is the definition of bigotry right there.

I am not opposed to a screening process to be sure, but to deny people from "Shithole Countries" the chance to be Americans is wrong.

I know that for the usual suspect, there are ''gud kuntries'' (white, with lots of very big guns) and ''shitty countries'' (all the other combinations. For an inexplicable reason, those countries full of dirty impure people whose mere presence soil the pure blood of edgelords are invaded and bombed by the ''gud kuntries'). But I suppose that the usual suspects are too intelligent and too smart to realize that you are always a ''shitty country'' compared to someone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Maaybe, just maybe the people coming from shit hole countries don’t want to live in shit hole countries...
    Then too fucking bad - let them start a revolution in their OWN country and fix their own shitholes governments.

It's sad how much today's conservatives seem to want to argue against freedom.

Do you think the US economy has evolved at all since the 1850s where unskilled labor was highly desired? Did those immigrants sneak in? Did generation after generation refuse to learn english?
    Yes, yes, and yes.

1)Immigration control was inexistant between 1820 and 1914 for Europeans. Except for a cursory medical check-up to avoid pandemics.
    2)The labor of the Mexicans is obviously very demanded, since they are ''stealing duh djubs''
    3)Yeah, Italians spoke Italian (not even the modern Italian, their dialect) well until 1917, where ''being afraid of stangers'' became a mode in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Then too fucking bad - let them start a revolution in their OWN country and fix their own shitholes governments.
    Ransath, just for frack sake, who exactly put those government in places especially in South America ?

Because I know that someone oinking the gospel of the far right ''UR UR UR, THOSE PEOPLE ARE NOT LIKE YOU AND THUS THEY ARE VERMIN'' make the usual edgelords squeak in joy....because the edgelords assume that THEY would have been considerable valuable and important.

Do you have exclusively white anglo-saxon protestants ancestors ? (and again, preferably episcopalian...) No ? Then at one point before 1960, your ancestors would have been labelled a ''plague'' and ''subhuman who are here to steal our women'' by far right lunatics, who would have sicked torch yielding mobs against your neighborhood.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2018-01-12 at 01:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    That "illiterate rock farmer" might be a huge asset to the United States, you don't know him/her. You are blindly judging the quality of people you do not know because of your ignorance and preconceived notions. That is the definition of bigotry right there.
    So what - I am a bigot. I have said so many times on this board.Yes, I am a very PROUD bigot for America. And the illiterate rock farmer might NOT be a huge asset, may be just another freeloader. Sorry, not willing to take the chance based on your "optimism".

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I am not opposed to a screening process to be sure, but to deny people from "Shithole Countries" the chance to be Americans is wrong.
    Yea - fuck that. The USA is not some charity nation, though liberals like to think it is. It isn't wrong in any way. It is a PRIVLEDGE to be a US citizen - not a fucking right. And I don't want some illiterate rock farmer from El Salvador as an immigrant - I want an Indian from Bangladesh who has a masters in engineering, or a doctor from Somalia that specializes in cardio vascular medicine.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Yea - fuck that. The USA is not some charity nation, though liberals like to think it is. It isn't wrong in any way. It is a PRIVLEDGE to be a US citizen - not a fucking right. And I don't want some illiterate rock farmer from El Salvador as an immigrant - I want an Indian from Bangladesh who has a masters in engineering, or a doctor from Somalia that specializes in cardio vascular medicine.
    So what exactly did you deserve the privilege of American citizenship?

So what - I am a bigot. I have said so many times on this board.Yes, I am a very PROUD bigot for America. And the illiterate rock farmer might NOT be a huge asset, may be just another freeloader. Sorry, not willing to take the chance based on your "optimism".

Well, your GOD POTUS don't want them either

If they’re legally then sorry but your racist ass can’t always get what it wants. Boo hoo for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    If they’re legally then sorry but your racist ass can’t always get what it wants. Boo hoo for you.
    He have the usual delusions that ''random people with guns'' can remove from power government. Especially government backed by the USA, who are going to bomb the rebels to stone age while people like Ransath oink their approval.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anti-immigration has always had racist undertones. Doing it the legality is just a shield people hide behind so they don't get exposed for being racist.

I will ask again the question to the usual suspects.

Do you, yes or no, consider an American citizen of African or Mexican ancestry as a real American, without mental restrictions about ''anchor babies'' and ''democrat voter'' ?

10+ Year Old Account

And you have a masters in engineering, or specialize in cardiovascular medicine? Cardiovascular is one word by the way. I as an immigrant know your language better, so what have you done to earn the privilege, no d, of an American citizenship other than your dad fucked your mom?

Of course, a MAGAboy who live in a shack in Alabama with fifty CSA flags and 25 guns is a key asset to the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I say that? I was commenting on hating the Statue of Liberty. Seems pretty unamerican.