Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    And you go alliance if you PvP so its 1:1

The racials made a difference years ago when this problem started even if people hand wave 1% now; it was enough for top guilds to change and people followed suit. The hardcore raiding community is deeply entwined with the Horde and it isn't purely racials for the majority of guilds now: it's recruitment. You can do more damage and recruit more people with the Horde. Nothing Blizzard can do now about this mistake now.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Oh, i'm not discounting that, the resource gain, however, is not something to nerf over. It's cool, but not OP.
    [
    Well, 3% mana every 90 seconds is HUGE for healers. That IS the reason why every paladin/monk/priest are blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Isn't it easier to roll engineering for rocket jump than rerolling to goblin?
    Most engineering things are either not usable in instances, or share cooldown with combat pot. Not sure if there's anything that could cheese "off the platform knockback", rocket jump allowed to ignore that, I'm pretty sure if there was a consumable like this people would use it especially on classes that couldn't be goblin (like holy pala). So I don't think it exists atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Because nobody ever wiped at 1%, especially on progress. EVER.

And it's not only about the 1%. More players joining horde means it's harder to play on alliance side.

My mythic guilde died after we cleared ToS MM (the officers were burnt out, they all stopped to play PUBG). We were the best alliance guild on the second best french server. Their isn't any spot on the 2 other decent guilds of my servers now. They are 8 on horde side. I have 11 110 character.

What should I do ? Pay to transfer all my character ? (pretty much all my former guildies switched) Stop playing wow ? Their is currently a HUGE migration of PVE players on horde side. That's just a fact. And it's quite toxic for the alliance "hardcore" PVE community.

The problem with the racial situation is it is a self-feeding vortex in both PvP and PvE. The racials are not a massive difference but it is a enough to start the snowball rolling. That slightly greater appeal is enough to create a majority that only increases once the status quo is established.

Us PvPers saw the same situation in Cata with many top Arena/PvP players going Human when EMFH was all the rage only to see the majority swing right back to the Horde once racial power swung back to them. You can almost chart PvP win rates and representation on PvP servers by whichever side has the most powerful racials. Even if the majority didn't go that faction for said racials, the success that follows these trends is what people want.

Of course, Blizzard are painfully slow on remedying this situation and why wouldn't they be? When they literally profit of racial unbalance and people transferring to being on the winning team, it takes little to figure out why they have a financial incentive to keep one side ahead only to flip the switch every few expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    This is 100% wrong. Blood Elf racial is the strongest PvP racial in the game.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ga...aderboards/3v3

Vast majority are Horde, as always.

So many clueless people in this thread. This IS a fucking problem, and it should be addressed. Horde enjoying superior racials must end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Jeeze, even racial tension in a damn video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main concern with racials is that with the new allied races popularity and the continuation of the system, we can expect to see many more allied races in the future. This is going to add a ton more racials for Blizzard to balance.

I've always been a person who believes that people should play a race based on aesthetic and story than power. I chose a Draenei when I first started because I loved how unique they looked. I had no idea they had an extra healing spell nor would I care if it wasn't there to begin with.

Racials are overpowered, meanwhile Scrubbusters Balance Droods are now ... Taurens and their tanks have all gone ... BloodElves.

Yeah right overpowerness of racials

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Complete BS.
    Horde dominates and wins everything in WoW currently.

Hell they even got the prettiest race depsite being a faction of "savages".

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    historically horde have had the best racials period, power or utility because alliance had the best classes (paladin being exclusive to alliance and being objectively better than shaman at the time),
    Huh? OG windfury says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    At least Void Elves are looking OP as fuck and we might get some ppl back on Alliance.
    What racials do they have?
    R.I.P Cityfella 2004-2016 <Warrior for life>

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    their tanks have all gone ... BloodElves.
    What kind of tank / melee doesn't want an extra aoe interrupt / silence for m+?

There are only 2 reasons to not go blood elf:
    - you are druid / shaman
    - you are a range class that is out of range to use torrent in m+ and you don't benefit as much from extra resource on torrent (for example mages going troll)

Btw Tauren have 2% crit damage (same as Dwarves) and it's not a bad racial, I know people on Alliance that would pick Dwarf over Worgen for classes like warlock or fire mage because apparently 2% crit dmg > 1% crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    Of course, Blizzard are painfully slow on remedying this situation and why wouldn't they be? When they literally profit of racial unbalance and people transferring to being on the winning team, it takes little to figure out why they have a financial incentive to keep one side ahead only to flip the switch every few expansions.
    Except Horde PVE dominance has not changed since late Vanilla/TBC. So your theory that Blizzard likes to profit from faction transfers only applies to PVP and only happens in US region.

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    Annnnnnd they'll be back annnnnnnnd they'll all be Void Elves.....

I have a sneaky suspicion that Damage not interrupting spellcasting might be a little better than a 1% racial difference over a fight. I won't even mention the teleport
    LOL those are nothing compared to the Highmountain racials and the new Nightborne Force Shield.
    Last edited by corebit; 2018-01-12 at 02:26 AM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    I have a sneaky suspicion that Damage not interrupting spellcasting might be a little better than a 1% racial difference over a fight.
    Please take any spellcaster into a mythic+ or a raid and note down how much did you notice spell pushback.

No, not mechanics that interrupt spellcasting like quaking m+ affix or the stomp from pit lord vilemus. That void elfs won't be immune to (and yes if they were it would be op as fuck).

Actual pushback. Because outside of pvp I doubt you'll find much of it.

Only real solution I see is free faction change. A 1 time unlimited change on every character and then only be able to do it every X days also for free.

Being able to do PvE cross faction they seem to be heavily against, would not work in island expeditions or warfronts and definitely wouldn’t work if they do a mirror faction conflict raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Only real solution I see is free faction change. A 1 time unlimited change on every character and then only be able to do it every X days also for free.

Being able to do PvE cross faction they seem to be heavily against, would not work in island expeditions or warfronts and definitely wouldn’t work if they do a mirror faction conflict raid.
    That doesn't work as incentive.

Free faction change for everyone? Then more Alliance will use that free faction change to transfer Horde.
    Free faction change for Horde? They won't use it for their raiding mains. Why do that when the raiding community is mostly Horde?
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    With Scrubbusters recent annoucement that they are going Horde, there are now ZERO Alliance guilds in the top 10 rankings.

The reason Scrubbusters gave was this
    "Whenever you talk about hardcore raiding, you associate it with Horde. That has always been the case partly because of stronger racials, but also because there just always was a bigger and established community on the Horde side."

Why has it always the case that people associate Hardcore raiding with Horde? Because Horde have had stronger racials for Raiding for ages now.

Racials that affect player power are detrimental to the game and the raiding scene.

The only reason you should pick a race in this game is.
    A) You like the look of it.

That's it. That's the only reason. Blizzard need to remove power racials in BfA.
    Here's the thing, Alliance has some of the best racials still, many racials are only a .6% difference between each other from a raw DPS standpoint. Human is literally the best for many specs in game, including Horde races. The big thing is Blood Elf has 2 racials that drastically change the loadout for a lot of progression encounters. Blood Elf having a free interrupt(that also generates resource) AND 1% crit just smokes anything Alliance has. Its specifically Blood Elf that's overtuned from the others and only Blood Elf that needs to be changed. They need to remove the free interrupt because no one in game has anything remotely as strong as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    It's fine, they'll probably all go Alliance again when you realise how strong a 30-yard-place-able teleport/warlock portal thing is. Can't wait for Void Elves, Goblins got nothin' on them.
    Yeah I bet we see a gigantic influx of horde players go alliance on some progression boss that is literally made way easier by having void elf teleport.

It'll be great.

Unless you are pushing top 5 world, play what you like and with who you like, nobody really cares after that