Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    New York's Daily News has a cover mocking the Presidents comment.
    However, I think there is some merit to the Presidents brazen comment.

America is looking for Skilled immigrants like the Norwegians
    He also probably thinks Viking blood would be good for America & its armed forces.

Immigrants from 3rd World countries, unless they are skilled.
    Tend to spend years on Welfare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post

He also probably thinks Viking blood would be good for America & its armed forces.

Its like you pulled those generalizations from your ass...

Bill Kristol is here to correct you.

Bill Kristol‏Verified account
    @BillKristol
    Two weeks ago a 26-year old soldier raced repeatedly into a burning Bronx apartment building, saving four people before he died in the flames. His name was Pvt. Emmanuel Mensah and he immigrated from Ghana, a country Donald Trump apparently thinks produces very subpar immigrants.

I'd like to thank Pvt. Mensah for his service.

But why would somebody from Norway want to move to the US, there is so much less crime in Norway, as well as full public healthcare and far higher income equality. Perhaps what Trump means is that he wants the US to be more like Norway in these metrics. The real question is, will limiting immigration of people from dysfunctional societies help this goal?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Uh, you guys can take the Vikings, we're fine over here with our shitholers.

10+ Year Old Account
    that's a super weird thing to say... And the forums the last two years has really lowered the bar for weird statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Its like you pulled those generalizations from your ass...

Bill Kristol is here to correct you.

Bill Kristol‏Verified account
    @BillKristol
    Two weeks ago a 26-year old soldier raced repeatedly into a burning Bronx apartment building, saving four people before he died in the flames. His name was Pvt. Emmanuel Mensah and he immigrated from Ghana, a country Donald Trump apparently thinks produces very subpar immigrants.

I'd like to thank Pvt. Mensah for his service.
    Pvt. Mensah sounded like a Great Man.
    And a real Hero he was.

But please refer to this article which I read on USA Today.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...port/71517072/

- The majority of immigrants using welfare come from Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean.
    The use of welfare is lower for immigrants from East Asia (32%), Europe (26%) and South Asia (17%).

Well I was going to point out that whether or not you're a skilled immigrant has nothing to do with your country of origin.

But then you explicitly brought up "Viking blood" eugenics so ahaha, I'm wasting my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account

- The majority of immigrants using welfare come from Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean.
    The use of welfare is lower for immigrants from East Asia (32%), Europe (26%) and South Asia (17%).
    I wonder how many white people in red states are on welfare. Probably a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pvt. Mensah sounded like a Great Man.
    And a real Hero he was.

But please refer to this article which I read on USA Today.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...port/71517072/

Oh an article that uses Data which was based on a recent study by the Center of Immigration Studies a partisan organization that has been criticized for its misleading immigration studies.

CIS is so whack even the CATO Institute thinks they're racist. Steve Bannon is gonna start drinking again.

About 51% of immigrant-led households receive at least one kind of welfare benefit, including Medicaid, food stamps, school lunches and housing assistance, compared to 30% for native-led households, according to the report from the Center for Immigration Studies, a group that advocates for lower levels of immigration. Those numbers increase for households with children, with 76% of immigrant-led households receiving welfare, compared to 52% for the native-born.

Like other research put forth by CIS, this report has problems. While USA Today does point out some caveats, a more rigorous critique comes from the Cato Institute—a libertarian think tank based in Washington, D.C. Here’s Cato’s Alex Norasteh on the CIS findings, in a blog post:

CIS’ methodology, parts of which are suspect, is what produced this result – as we’ve pointed out to CIS multiple times. They also omitted a lot of information that would make for a better comparison between immigrants and natives. Simply put, the CIS study does not compare apples to apples but rather apples to elephants.

Norasteh has four main critiques with the CIS methodology:

Over-counting. The center measures welfare use in terms of households, not individuals. That puts immigrants at a disadvantage, since they generally have larger families than native-born Americans, and also fails to control for native-born members living with immigrant relatives.

Bad comparison. CIS compares welfare usage rates for immigrant households to all native-born households—including wealthy ones that don’t need state benefits. Cato found that poor immigrants used welfare at a lower rate than poor native-born Americans.

Flawed measure. CIS counts welfare usage rate by including any household where a member used Medicaid, or food, housing, or cash subsidies during 2012. What it doesn’t measure is the cash value of benefits actually consumed.

Missing context. CIS also fails to include an analysis of how immigrants use Medicare and social security—two significant public benefit programs. Research suggests that immigrants actually contribute much more to these programs than they consume from it.

But thanks for denigrating whole groups of immigrants using the welfare boogeymonster. Its the same spiel identitarians used 100+ years ago against Poles, Italians, Irish, Chinese...
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2018-01-12 at 05:18 AM.

The bad news for the white supremacists and their sympathizers that look to vikings as some kind of "pure" white europeans - they fucked everyone and didn't care. Their "racial purity" is a fictitious myth propagated by the uninformed and ignorant.

Um....Wasn't America built by sh..t people from sh..thole nations? We were receiving European trash for a long time. Only in last 80 years or so, "skilled migration" became a thing.

Times change, indeed. We don't want new "trash" but there is nothing we can do to get rid of trash already here?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The bad news for the white supremacists and their sympathizers that look to vikings as some kind of "pure" white europeans - they fucked everyone and didn't care. Their "racial purity" is a fictitious myth propagated by the uninformed and ignorant.
    Also, as far as marauding barbarians go, the Viking conquests pale in comparison to the ginormous empires that the Huns and Mongols managed to carve out, though for some reason I'm not hearing any right wingers advocate for importing Mongol blood to strengthen the military.

Only if your policies allow for it. You could form them to not allow for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Only if your policies allow for it. You could form them to not allow for it.
    But we want the immigrants from shithole countries, they tend to be really hard working and treasure the opportunities they have in America. Contrast that with most first world immigrants who generally go around acting like entitled cunts, because their host country would absolutely fall apart without them providing necessary HR services.

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong..please let this be the case...but did you just say that Nordic people are innately more skilled at trades, and moreover would be better for the armed forces because of Viking blood? Also did you just say that immigrants from 3rd world countries are innately lazy? All of this without any citations? You do know how this looks right?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst part of this thread, is how both sides don’t seem to understand the actual issue. When someone asks... why do people come to US?... the answer is that they are coming from a worse environment to a better one, including shitholes. The issue is having the environment define who the people are. A person who wants to come to US, from even a shit hole, is instantly someone who recognizes how great US is, versus their shit hole.

I think a large problem here. Is that the same people who bitch the most about immigrants, interact with us the least. By a large margin, the majority of people immigranting to US, are some of the most patriotic people in the country... because unlike the lucky who were born in US, being pulled out of a fuck hole that defines a natives residence... it’s the effort that it takes to crawl out of our shit holes, that makes us appreciate being here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Perhaps I'm reading this wrong..please let this be the case...but did you just say that Nordic people are innately more skilled at trades, and moreover would be better for the armed forces because of Viking blood? Also did you just say that immigrants from 3rd world countries are innately lazy? All of this without any citations? You do know how this looks right?
    An immigrant, based on nothing but the definition of words, cannot be lazier than a native. On an individual basis, sure... there are lazy if all kinds... but... by the definition of words... immigranting is objectively more effort than being pulled out by a doctor.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The worst part of this thread, is how both sides don’t seem to understand the actual issue. When someone asks... why do people come to US?... the answer is that they are coming from a worse environment to a better one, including shitholes. The issue is having the environment define who the people are. A person who wants to come to US, from even a shit hole, is instantly someone who recognizes how great US is, versus their shit hole.

I think a large problem here. Is that the same people who bitch the most about immigrants, interact with us the least. By a large margin, the majority of people immigranting to US, are some of the most patriotic people in the country... because unlike the lucky who were born in US, being pulled out of a fuck hole that defines a natives residence... it’s the effort that it takes to crawl out of our shit holes, that makes us appreciate being here.

- - - Updated - - -

An immigrant, based on nothing but the definition of words, cannot be lazier than a native. On an individual basis, sure... there are lazy if all kinds... but... by the definition of words... immigranting is objectively more effort than being pulled out by a doctor.
    A lot of people born in the US or other rich countries exist in that middle ground where they don't have the talent or training to compete in the skilled labor market, but have also gotten too used to the comforts of first world living and would never last a day working in a poorer country. And to an extent, I am sympathetic to these people, because they don't really have much of a place in the global economy but still need to survive somehow, but if they want the rest of us to support them they really have to stop with this nonsensical nativist rhetoric and at the very least admit that they are the ones who need help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    A lot of people born in the US or other rich countries exist in that middle ground where they don't have the talent or training to compete in the skilled labor market, but have also gotten too used to the comforts of first world living and would never last a day working in a poorer country. And to an extent, I am sympathetic to these people, because they don't really have much of a place in the global economy but still need to survive somehow, but if they want the rest of us to support them they really have to stop with this nonsensical nativist rhetoric and at the very least admit that they are the ones who need help.
    What the fuck? How exactly are immigrants not saying we need help, by immigrating to US? Also, you didn’t support me or anyone in my family. My mother’s job was as a speech therapist, which doesn’t translate well. We were not on welfare, we busted ass. Just like all the illegals that are busting ass on shit farm jobs, so your employer can continue to pay you shit, but your produce prices are not accounting for American labor... labor that refused to do the jobs, even when US unemployment was hovering around 10%... so... who exactly is supporting who?

Last edited by Felya; 2018-01-12 at 07:50 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Trump needs to read more Caplan.

My family is, on various sounds from Italy, Colombia and Cuba. Also European Jews at some point.

#ProudShitholer.

- - - Updated - - -

Also nice to see the sequel thread to "The KKK has good people in it". Always a pleasure seeing the MMO-OT Racist Brigrade standing up and being counted.