Poll: Do you like the current heirloom system?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Keep them as transmog only. If they don't want to lose the XP buffs, put them on the slot, not the item.
    Make looting while leveling fun again.
    "Oh boy! stamina/strength/spirit mail wrists!"
    "Awesome. A healing shield with 1 int"

are we having fun yet?
    Wrath baby and proud of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard owes me like a million gold or so if they do, because I have every single heirloom fully upgraded...

Actually go ahead and get rid of them so I can get my gold back, because I already have every class to 110 also...

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    "Oh boy! stamina/strength/spirit mail wrists!"
    "Awesome. A healing shield with 1 int"

are we having fun yet?
    Oh yes, because leveling is sooo hard you need perfect stats. Even in Ironman nearly all pulls are an absolute joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    Blizzard owes me like a million gold or so if they do, because I have every single heirloom fully upgraded...

Actually go ahead and get rid of them so I can get my gold back, because I already have every class to 110 also...
    They could reward the XP bonus if you have the slot 'unlocked' for the armor type by having the loom in your collection for the level. But if getting rid of them refunds the gold, fine by me as well.

First they came for the exp pot user, and I did not speak out—
    Because I never farm those.

Then they came for the Leveling speed, and I did not speak out—
    Because I just took my time leveling.

Then they came for the heirloom users, and I did not speak out—
    Because I didn't purchase them.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

P.S. I actually don't care.

Deleted
    Thank god I have all classes on 100+ lvl except monk (lvl 60, I will push it to 100 oneday, hopefully...) and low lvl warlock, which im Planning on boosting with free BfA boost. But removing heirlooms? Why exactly? They are needed. Low lvl leveling sucks, its has been total garbage for years now.

Imo 7.3.5 is the time for completing the heirloom sets and to reach 100% bonus Exp.

I votes "no" and didn't read anything but the title.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    First they came for the exp pot user, and I did not speak out—
    Because I never farm those.

Then they came for the Leveling speed, and I did not speak out—
    Because I just took my time leveling.

Then they came for the heirloom users, and I did not speak out—
    Because I didn't purchase them.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

P.S. I actually don't care.
    POT were removed months ago so people were just lazy or stupid to cry now.

LEVELING SPEED isn't a real issue.

HEIRLOOMS are a cancer for levelling and ruin the experience, I still have the remorse.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the contrary, they need to get buffed. From 10% exp to 30% per piece and preferably with some upgraded stats as well.

But that's not going to happen as 7.3.5 sinister purpose, aside from arguably somewhat improving the initial gameplay experience for a blank newcomer, is to make veteran players consider the $$ level boost service more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookysheep View Post
    Heirlooms need to be expanded to fill every slot, ESPECIALLY with the upcoming retarded changes to leveling.
    I was thinking along the same lines, but with a slight modification since there's already BoA's in game: separate BoA gear and the XP bonus while having BoA gear serve a separate function. You can have an XP bonus aura in some fashion, based upon number of max level chars, something you buy, a tabard, whatever. You can make BoA gear just scaling gear that you don't have to replace. Placates some of those that like having gear progression while leveling.

All in all, I'd say the most pressing change to BoA's would be allowing them in all slots, as I've had that occasional white/green item from level 5-10 while leveling in BC content because they don't always drop (I've had empty ring/trinket slots occasionally going into BC content). Last char I leveled to 110 I had a ring from WotLK when I hit current leveling content. Haven't messed with the scaling quests/zones on the PTR (huge fan of this, been asking for it for years), but hopefully the rewards will progressively give you something for every gear slot so you aren't stuck with something that's literally expansions old. Also hoping the level gaps on heirlooms on the PTR is smoother between max level of one expansion to the next level of the following expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    On the contrary, they need to get buffed. From 10% exp to 30% per piece and preferably with some upgraded stats as well.

But that's not going to happen as 7.3.5 sinister purpose, aside from arguably somewhat improving the initial gameplay experience for a blank newcomer, is to make veteran players consider the $$ level boost service more often.
    Probably the main reason of removing some of the XP gains is the typical YouTube 'INSANE LEVELING 1-110 in 4 HOURS', and especially how that creates an exponential gold accumulation process. Once you reach a certain number of alts on your account, they can 'pay' through the token system for 2 accounts, and then after a while those 2 accounts can pay for 4, then 8, then 16 and so on.
    The only thing that can still put some break on this is the leveling time required.

Want to get rid of them? Sure, don't wear them, problem solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Probably the main reason of removing some of the XP gains is the typical YouTube 'INSANE LEVELING 1-110 in 4 HOURS', and especially how that creates an exponential gold accumulation process. Once you reach a certain number of alts on your account, they can 'pay' through the token system for 2 accounts, and then after a while those 2 accounts can pay for 4, then 8, then 16 and so on.
    The only thing that can still put some break on this is the leveling time required.

Or maybe because Levelling pre Legion-Wod is bullshit with the combination of :

- Heirlooms
    - Pot
    - 1shot spell mode

Funny how people bloat shit on Legion because "no more RPG, everything is istant shotted etc etc" and then when Blizzard try to restore "quality" for one of the best aspect of a RPG, wow levelling+exploration, people lost their mind.

B-B-B-BUT THE LEVELLING BOOST!

Well don't buy it dumbo? You can level on your own, maybe learning the class instead of istant 110 then afk Argus while writing on MMO-C "DERP ARGUS IS SHIT THERE IS NO CONTENT CALL THE CRY-BABIES POLICE"

Pro-Tip for slow kids : INSANE LEVELING 1-100 in 4 HOURS stuff were on YT even for WOD and people farmed Garrison, did they nerfed exp? nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, nice misleading poll. Your question in the post title and the poll question require two different answers, so your results are likely inconsistent.

Second of all, heirlooms are for people who have seen the content before and just want to get to max level. Luckily there's an option to... not wear them if you dislike the system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    First of all, nice misleading poll. Your question in the post title and the poll question require two different answers, so your results are likely inconsistent.

Second of all, heirlooms are for people who have seen the content before and just want to get to max level. Luckily there's an option to... not wear them if you dislike the system.
    This on both accounts. The misleading poll makes you unable to be taken seriously. As for Heirlooms, don't equip them. They don't need to be altered at all.

I think they should change it somehow so you get the xp bonus but don't wear gear to get it. That way gearing up as you level will feel a bit more rewarding.

item enchant with xp buff is an excellent idea, you should put it on the official forums and hope someone takes notice

Dont like hierlooms? Dont freaking fucking use them, can people quit whining about them? They are here to stay, as someone with 18 110s, and leveling 3 new with the new races. F off, I just wanna level them and get done. I cant be bothered to use 10 hours more because someone on a forum thinks they are bad. If you don't want them. Dont use them, pretty hard concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Dont like hierlooms? Dont freaking fucking use them, can people quit whining about them? They are here to stay, as someone with 18 110s, and leveling 3 new with the new races. F off, I just wanna level them and get done. I cant be bothered to use 10 hours more because someone on a forum thinks they are bad. If you don't want them. Dont use them, pretty hard concept.
    People don't like handicapping themselves. They just want the most efficient way to be fun. Out of the dozens of options they could have taken, Heirlooms was the most brain-dead way they could have come up with to reduce alt leveling time, nixing all the gearing/drops fun. Now it's just some myopic stalwarts trying to justify keeping them in game because they lack imagination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    POT were removed months ago so people were just lazy or stupid to cry now.

LEVELING SPEED isn't a real issue.

HEIRLOOMS are a cancer for levelling and ruin the experience, I still have the remorse.
    Heirloom give you a choice, same as pots and the like. You can be a special snowflake and level slowly, hell, you can rp walk between mobs and emote /charge before engaging every enemy if that's your thing.

At the same time, if I have leveled, during the course of playing this game, 15+ characters (and many people have way more) I maybe don't want that. I don't give a fuck about Wailing Caverns, I've done Wailing Caverns a hundred times. I don't need to slow down and enjoy the Hellfire Peninsula quests to gather 10 boar blood and 10 orc rusty scrap pieces, and oh, while you're at it, also get us 10 planks, because we need planks. I've done it many times on many characters, it's fine, I know it, I want to blow through it on any new char I need, go to max, do whatever I have in mind at max. And no, paying 50 fucking euros, the price of a full AAA game, for boosting a character is not a viable way to spend my money.

Ideally the leveling system should do its best to accomodate the needs of both the player who wants to spend time and have fun with leveling, and the player who wants it done and over with asap, going so far as to use speedleveling items, methods and so on. I don't understand the obsession with removing stuff from the game instead of giving choices and options to players whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Heirloom give you a choice, same as pots and the like. You can be a special snowflake and level slowly, hell, you can rp walk between mobs and emote /charge before engaging every enemy if that's your thing.

At the same time, if I have leveled, during the course of playing this game, 15+ characters (and many people have way more) I maybe don't want that. I don't give a fuck about Wailing Caverns, I've done Wailing Caverns a hundred times. I don't need to slow down and enjoy the Hellfire Peninsula quests to gather 10 boar blood and 10 orc rusty scrap pieces, and oh, while you're at it, also get us 10 planks, because we need planks. I've done it many times on many characters, it's fine, I know it, I want to blow through it on any new char I need, go to max, do whatever I have in mind at max. And no, paying 50 fucking euros, the price of a full AAA game, for boosting a character is not a viable way to spend my money.

Ideally the leveling system should do its best to accomodate the needs of both the player who wants to spend time and have fun with leveling, and the player who wants it done and over with asap, going so far as to use speedleveling items, methods and so on. I don't understand the obsession with removing stuff from the game instead of giving choices and options to players whenever possible.
    Almost nobody is advocating leveling an alt should take longer. People just don't like the way you now need to do it through heirlooms, forcing you into a choice between fun (drops/gearing) and 'efficiency', while there are plenty of other potential mechanisms that would reduce alt leveling time that would never require that trade off.