DPS fluctuations in T21: Logs

I've noticed some pretty wild fluctuations in my dps. Some single target fights I'll pull 1.6-1.8mil dps. Other times, it will drop to 1.2-1.4, and there really is no reason. I'm hoping maybe there is some discrepancy in my rotation that is causing this, because I can't figure it out. I know I sometimes forget to use a second pot, but that shouldn't account for a 500k dps discrepancy between encounters...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...12TBAL#fight=2

I'm open to any and all help/advice. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoran View Post
    I've noticed some pretty wild fluctuations in my dps. Some single target fights I'll pull 1.6-1.8mil dps. Other times, it will drop to 1.2-1.4, and there really is no reason. I'm hoping maybe there is some discrepancy in my rotation that is causing this, because I can't figure it out. I know I sometimes forget to use a second pot, but that shouldn't account for a 500k dps discrepancy between encounters...

Don't get alarmed by fluctuations. Our variance is retarded in T21 just by the fact getting souls or not getting them is a gamebreaker.

I didn't check your logs, but I'm just stating that having such variances is normal under the current raid settings. (and it's one of the reasons I despise DH atm)

Your kill time will affect your DPS. Looking at your Argus log's rankings I can see you are vastly outdpsing your group, even though you have classes in your raid that do better DPS than demon hunters. Makes me thing you are raiding with shitters. They drag your DPS down too, you could be missing kill timers that favour your burstier windows of opportunity more, but not that drastically, it all adds up in the end though.

The worst thing is when you have one pull and doing insane dps due rng strike but you wipe and one try later you find yourself spamming Demons Bite due lacking souls and doing shiit dps and ofc you kill the boss on that try

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    The worst thing is when you have one pull and doing insane dps due rng strike but you wipe and one try later you find yourself spamming Demons Bite due lacking souls and doing shiit dps and ofc you kill the boss on that try
    Every time. That happens to me at least twice a week.

Deleted
    Rng with orbs is a fucking joke.
    I switched back to t20 and cb as even that setup is more reliable on heavy movement st fights.
    If only they could change the way eyebeam-meta works into "can only expand meta to a maximum of 40sec" or something like that :/

I have been seeing swings of like 1.9m to 1.55m on certain fights, and it honestly doesn't feel like I'm playing differently at all

I thought it was just me heh

Quote Originally Posted by Valoran View Post

Sadly, this is normal. Some pulls, im topping the meters at 2mill dps. Other pulls I can drop to last on the meters if I dont get any soul shard procs. Literally, doing the same rotation, same gear, same everyting. I enjoy our T21 set I do NOT like the rng from soul shards.

Blizz should've made that we get stacks with each chaos strike and after 3 or 4 stacks we get heal/fury reg equal to the orb, or an orb spawns.

This can't be the only class with so much anxiety before every pull about massive RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarre View Post
    This can't be the only class with so much anxiety before every pull about massive RNG.
    Mages have a pretty mad RNG swing in their opener as well or so im told by my mage friend.

Tbf a lot of dps suffer from wild rng disparity between pulls its one of the reasons why dps can be so frustrating, doing the exact same thing every pull to have hundreds of thousands of difference in dps can be bullshit sometimes, that's why I'm happy I've found a spec i enjoy playing mechanically and, although it can be severe, doesn't feel as punishing simply because I'm enjoying the class.