Why do some Heroes pick a side after a faction, and some stay neutral?

PICK A SIDE AFTER AN EVENT I FUCKED UP THE TITLE MB

I just want to be upfront and honest, that I stopped playing legion before Turalyon and Alleria came back onto the scene. I haven't played, and don't know the story, so I apologize if a lot of this is very common knowledge.

In BFA Turalyon and Alleria are taking their side with the Alliance, who was obviously their faction before. I find this somewhat strange, only because it seems like whenever we have some kind of huge world event that can ultimately wipe us all out, one of the major players in the event, stays neutral because in their eyes, we must work together, horde and alliance to defeat a common enemy, (common sense tbh). I'm talking about Thrall and kind of Malfurion after Cataclysm. And now it seems Velen, and Khadgar are going to remain neutral. I also know that Thrall did eventually side back with the horde.

Is there some sort of event that makes Turalyon and Alleria go back to the Alliance? In the game don't the Alliance AND Horde work with them to defeat the legion? The burning legion has been a looming threat for all of the wow lore we know, and it took both factions to take them down together.

Also I play Alliance, so I'm cool with them coming back, I'm not upset about it like a lot of people seem to be with the nightfallen. It is still just an interesting thought I had, as to why some heroes decide to be more neutral and side with Azeroth herself, rather than picking their respective faction again.

Writing mostly.

It's honestly weirder for character not to rejoin a faction, although I think Khadgar is just too used to being neutral by now to care. The really weird one is Malfurion just constantly sitting by while the Orcs do shit to Night Elven lands. I'm not sure how he and most of the circle wouldn't be on full attack mode after the burning of Teldrassil.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2018-01-12 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Writing mostly.

It's honestly weirder for character not to rejoin a faction, although I think Khadgar is just too used to being neutral by now to care. The really weird one is Malfurion just constantly sitting by while the Orcs do shit to Night Elven lands. I'm not sure how he's and most of the circle wouldn't be on full attack mode after the burning of Teldrassil.
    That was my first thought after I heard about the tree. To be fair, my money is on Jaina that actually did it to start a war so she can finally go postal on the horde, and she knows greymane would be down for it as well.

different personalities obviously?

Alleria seems to hate horde with passion, how could she possibly stay neutral? Jaina has also progressively slipped from cautious/skeptical to openly hostile, for Turalyon i don't know that much

on the other hand it is very unlike calm and rational figures like Khadgar to push for total war that will definately be catastrophic for both factions regardless of who wins, Velen too seems to be alot more concerned with the Void than the Horde which after all is equally threatened by N'zoth and the likes, Thrall is also becoming increasingly spiritual and a bit of a pacifist as he grows older (ofc to the extend he can be, not the suicidal kind of pacifist that refuses to fight against the Legion/old gods etc)

cus of their personal preferences?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    Is there some sort of event that makes Turalyon and Alleria go back to the Alliance?
    They have a son... Who was born and raised in Stormwind... Who is a member of the Alliance.

And Alleria really hates Orcs.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    They have a son... Who was born and raised in Stormwind... Who is a member of the Alliance.

and she is a major nationalist, which would make her join her fellow thalassian elves before becoming a humans and friends pet
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    and she is a major nationalist, which would make her join her fellow thalassian elves before becoming a humans and friends pet
    As said in the audio drama, she cares about her son and her husband more than ANYTHING, even her fellow elves.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I suppose they're more interested in protecting their world than dive into the "muh faction" mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post

I get that, but like I said in didn't play on argus, so I'm curious, as a horde, do you directly interact with Turalyon and Alleria? And what is their attitude towards the horde during the argus campaign? Are they just kind of like "the enemy of my enemy is my friend.... for now"? Just seems like they would have sort of changed their viewpoints a bit after the final raid and all that jazz. Of course, I get that it could simply just be "blizzard says it, and so it is" haha

Many factions and noteworthy characters shouldn't have been neutral.

Kirin Tor neutral? Antonidas would be rolling in his grave. Thorium Brotherhood being neutral? Khadgar as a member of the Sons of Lothar being neutral was yet another ridiculous idea, along with Alleria and Turalyon being neutral, seeing as how at their departure orcs and the horde in general were their enemies.

Horde doesn't really have it's own factions because they got pretty much no history on Azeroth - blood elves are "new", undead are ex-humans, tauren got fuckall when it comes to civilization, darkspear trolls live in huts and outside of Orgrimmar horde just have basic huts and halls.

So Blizzard has to ransack old Alliance locked factions or the horde would have nothing to do most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    It doesn't make sense. Why would she go against her love and her own son. If protecting her family means being a human pet but joinning the Horde which is built mostly around Orcs is reasonable...

There is a reason she wants the blood elves to join the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    I get that, but like I said in didn't play on argus, so I'm curious, as a horde, do you directly interact with Turalyon and Alleria? And what is their attitude towards the horde during the argus campaign? Are they just kind of like "the enemy of my enemy is my friend.... for now"? Just seems like they would have sort of changed their viewpoints a bit after the final raid and all that jazz. Of course, I get that it could simply just be "blizzard says it, and so it is" haha
    The Horde isn't there, and neither is the Alliance, the order halls are, and they are neutral entities made up of people of both factions taking things into their own hands because the Alliance and Horde military forces (lead by Genn and Sylvanas) are too busy beating each other up over useless warden towers to fight the Legion.