Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    tie defender was literally on par with a slight advantage over say an xwing. Prob more inline with a b wing. It had the heavier armaments than a tie, shields and a hyperdrive. its Cannon in the new disney wars.
    What the hell game did you play?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Again, lightsaber combat training includes more than just saber to saber. And the ability to rapidly move your weapon to intercept an incoming attack is highly useful. Him getting more than we saw on screen is a bit of that good old certain point of view. We see them all together as he's attempting to deflect blaster bolts. He's already doing a decent job in this scene without using the force and just his sight. Han makes fun of it because he sees Luke getting a bit better, but he still gets blasted all the time. Han then makes his comments. How is this any less likely than they waited until they were about to arrive before Obi started his lightsaber training? Especially since we know he started his Jedi training in general on their way to Mos Eisley, which indicates he wasn't wasting time.

Oh, and travel time from Tatooine to Alderaan is something like 2-3 days for the Falcon.
    This is silly, he's literally never held a lightsaber against another lightsaber, he has zero training in it.

Blast deflection doesn't count and he's barely gotten started in that either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You don't have to invent a ton of head canon to support the theory that he received Jedi training from Obi Wan we didn't see. Clearly there were time jumps.
    But the time jumps are at the wrong point. Time jumps could only occur BEFORE the remote training scene in the Falcon, which immediately leads on to the Death Star approach. So that was conclusively the last training Luke got from Obi-Wan, and he's clearly barely gotten started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What the hell game did you play?

- - - Updated - - -

This is silly, he's literally never held a lightsaber against another lightsaber, he has zero training in it.

- - - Updated - - -

But the time jumps are at the wrong point. Time jumps could only occur BEFORE the remote training scene in the Falcon, which immediately leads on to the Death Star approach. So that was conclusively the last training Luke got from Obi-Wan, and he's clearly barely gotten started.
    the one that involved reading the books. Dont base performance in one of the games on the actually ships abilities.

Luke had a prosthetic hand about as fast as Rey waking up, so I guess getting a hand cut off shouldn’t be a serious injury in the SW universe.

Come to think of it, didn’t Darth Maul manage to survive getting cut in half? Also not a serious injury in the SW universe.

This movie was for those who are easy to please.
    I defended this shit when people complained "Mary Sue" when TFA hit. I said "wait for the 2nd movie for the explanations..."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Did you see TLJ?
    Yes, it was terrible. A horrid mishmash of "Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi". Every scene was a cheap parody or a cringeworthy obvious one, like the Snoke-Death one.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGhoul View Post
    Today I learned that being knocked unconscious is not considered an injury. But like only if you’re a woman or something.
    Have you never seen a movie before? People get knocked out all the time in movies and get up just fine movies are not real life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yes, it was terrible. A horrid mishmash of "Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi". Every scene was a cheap parody or a cringeworthy obvious one, like the Snoke-Death one.
    So when did Vader team up with Luke and fight together? When did Luke get mad and try and beat up yoda? When did we find out how it was yoda’s fault Vader went bad? When did Vader go into a rage and try and focus all of his fire power on yoda? Not to mention all the crap with Poe and Finn. If you think every scence was a remake or parade you were either watching a different movie or sleep for most of it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Have you never seen a movie before? People get knocked out all the time in movies and get up just fine movies are not real life.

- - - Updated - - -

So when did Vader team up with Luke and fight together? When did Luke get mad and try and beat up yoda? When did we find out how it was yoda’s fault Vader went bad? When did Vader go into a rage and try and focus all of his fire power on yoda? Not to mention all the crap with Poe and Finn. If you think every scence was a remake or parade you were either watching a different movie or sleep for most of it.
    Well aren't you a nitpicking turdfarmer? I get it, you loved it - I didn't. Who gives a shit? It's not like it'll affect the SW universe in *any* possible way?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGhoul View Post
    Luke had a prosthetic hand about as fast as Rey waking up, so I guess getting a hand cut off shouldn’t be a serious injury in the SW universe.

Come to think of it, didn’t Darth Maul manage to survive getting cut in half? Also not a serious injury in the SW universe.
    Losing a hand wouldn’t really be that serious when it’s done by a light saber that would close the wound your not gonna bleed out and geting a robot arm doesn’t seem that hard for most people. Being cut in half seems more serious and it’s framed that Maul only lived by feeding off the dark side which most people can’t do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well aren't you a nitpicking turdfarmer? I get it, you loved it - I didn't. Who gives a shit? It's not like it'll affect the SW universe in *any* possible way?
    Wait how am I the nit picker when your the one who said every scence is the same or a parod which is objectively false. And I didn’t even love the movie I found it enjoyable but over all the movies we are geting are not the turn I would have wanted for Star Wars and a lot of parts are a turn off for me.

Vader took out the Emperor.
    Kylo took out the Emperor.
    Amazing coincidence.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vader took the Emperor down with him
    Kylo became the Emperor
    What a coincidence not.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Sorry I missed this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Stats to back that up, especially in comparison to prior films?
    I have requested the source from Grace from Beyond the Trailer on youtube. https://youtu.be/UvApZXT0dQM?t=535 thats where she talks about it.
    I know you're trying really hard to explain how anti-everything but white males the movies was, but absolving Poe of all his misdeeds to prove your point shows you probably don't have one. Poe doesn't get a free ride because Holdo could have handled him differently. Her one mistake doesn't replace all of Poe's mistakes.
    When it comes to diversity hispanics are considered non-white. Its only when they murder a black kid that they are considered white. I did not absolve Poe of his mistakes. He was a central figure in the incompetance of the Resistance.
    Not sure what evidence you have that Finn and Rose failed their mission because they aren't "white enough".
    Well its just an overall theme of the movie, only white people matter in it.
    I'll give you that the whole Finn was a janitor thing isn't great, but it also doesn't jibe with what Finn is capable of doing. We've seen him fight and fight well in both movies now. I assume he says he was the janitor to downplay his role in the FO more than anything else. The movie consistently shows him as a capable combatant. Meanwhile Phasma is a borderline non-character who has done basically nothing in two movies and really should have stayed out of the picture if all they were going to use her for in TLJ was one fight scene.
    Phasma is high ranking member of the first order, from the movies I would infer she is in charge of the storm troopers. That makes her what? Equal to a male janitor?

And Rose stopped Finn from "saving the day" because she didn't want him to die, but yeah if you want to contort the movie into some weird pro-white gloryfest I guess you could interpret it the way you did.

Here's the thing, everyone in this movie fucks up. It doesn't matter if they're male, female, black, white, or alien. ALSO, everyone in this movie shows you they are capable individuals, and it doesn't matter if they're male, female, black, white, or alien for that either.
    The whole movie is just a way for white people to pat themselves on the back for liking a diverse film while making sure non-white males stay in their "place". The only exception would be Rey. In the end the diverse cast's entire storyline could have been thrown away because the only two people that mattered were Kylo Ren and Rey.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the next protagonist is a trans pansexual multiracial Hispanic woman.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I hope the next protagonist is a trans pansexual multiracial Hispanic woman.
    Any character is fine if they write it well.

Is there any reason to suspect Obi-wan had ever held a lightsaber against another lightsaber prior fighting Maul in Episode I? The Sith were thought to be extinct so practicing dueling with a lightsaber would have seemed rather pointless.

Also there's 3 years between ANH and ESB, Luke taught himself some during that time period in the new canon comics, including going lightsaber to lightsaber with a non force-user.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Forbes - Star Wars: The Last Jedi a CATASTROPHIC FLOP in China

Fat, ugly Asian fails to impress their target audience.
    Those gosh dang Chinese alt-right white supremacists misogynists!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Is there any reason to suspect Obi-wan had ever held a lightsaber against another lightsaber prior fighting Maul in Episode I? The Sith were thought to be extinct so practicing dueling with a lightsaber would have seemed rather pointless.
    Considering Jedi trained rigorously in various force aspects including sparring during that time yes. He most definitely held a lightsaber against another.

10+ Year Old Account

I mean the article you linked gives reasons why the author believes the movie failed to make much money and none of it is about diversity or any of that. His explanations actually sound quite well-reasoned. Interesting article.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Phasma is high ranking member of the first order, from the movies I would infer she is in charge of the storm troopers. That makes her what? Equal to a male janitor?
    The whole "Finn was a janitor" thing is way way overblown by audiences who misunderstood the throwaway joke from Force Awakens as being a major part of Finn's character. He wasn't just a janitor. He mentions that he was assigned to Starkiller base for a time, which is his excuse for knowing how to turn off the shields. When it turns out he doesn't actually know, he admits that while he was assigned to the base his role was in sanitation. This doesn't mean his entire time in the First Order was serving as a janitor. It's implied to be a brief stint not a lifetime role. He was a trained soldier, even highly commended by Phasma at one point and was trained as a Stormtrooper from a young age like any other.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Possible of course, though we know from at least Dooku that lightsaber fencing is still practiced.

Um, she's not fat or ugly, she's American, and her heritage is Vietnamese so I don't see what that has to do with China.

As the article notes Star Wars was never a big deal in China.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    The whole "Finn was a janitor" thing is way way overblown by audiences who misunderstood the throwaway joke from Force Awakens as being a major part of Finn's character. He wasn't just a janitor. He mentions that he was assigned to Starkiller base for a time, which is his excuse for knowing how to turn off the shields. When it turns out he doesn't actually know, he admits that while he was assigned to the base his role was in sanitation. This doesn't mean his entire time in the First Order was serving as a janitor. It's implied to be a brief stint not a lifetime role. He was a trained soldier, even highly commended by Phasma at one point and was trained as a Stormtrooper from a young age like any other.
    I mean, we know he wasn't just a janitor because he was part of the shock troops that land at the start of the film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, we know he wasn't just a janitor because he was part of the shock troops that land at the start of the film.
    Naturally. There's also canon stuff outside the films about his training.

But for some reason people keep using the argument he was just a lowly janitor. Doing a brief stint in sanitation doesn't make him a janitor.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!