10+ Year Old Account

New Outlaw Talents Idea

Hi,

I am not a fan of current Outlaw and after seeing an interesting thread in the Hunter forums, about revamped talents, I got the idea to try this for Outlaw.

Here is my idea of how Outlaw could be "fixed" to be more fun to play:

https://wod-talent-grid-maker.appspo...22903798611968

Summary:

- The first tier is about movement, to make moving more convinient!
    - The second tier is about defensives in various ways.
    - The third tier is about Damage, Energy and Combo Points, where you chose what to "Master".
    - The forth tier is about Healing and how you want to stay alive in various situations.
    - The fifth tier is about fixing the awful Roll the Bones or to replace it with Slice. I forgot to mention Slice REPLACE Roll the Bones.
    - The sixth tier is about cleave and AoE, depending on the situation!
    - The seventh tier is about heavy cooldowns!

Many of these talents are suited for many situations. Some for open world and old content, some for current raids, some for all-around situations. You would probably swap A LOT depending on the situation and I like that, to customize depending on what you are doing!

I am quite proud of this idea, I hope you read and please share your ideas about what you think! How would YOU change the specc?

I noticed some typos, please excuse that, english is not my first language.
    Last edited by Battlebeard; 2018-01-04 at 02:56 PM.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    omg the title of this thread....such a clickbait. for a second i thougt its something official, u fukking destroyed my day, good job.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was honestly not my intention, how can you edit title?
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    maybe u copy this whole thread and make a new post and delete this one

Doesn't sound like clickbait imho. It's pretty clear what "idea" means

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine94 View Post
    omg the title of this thread....such a clickbait. for a second i thougt its something official, u fukking destroyed my day, good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Doesn't sound like clickbait imho. It's pretty clear what "idea" means
    First post happened before OP asked me to change thread title, which was pretty clickbaity. Now it's fixed.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

http://wod-talent-grid-maker.appspot...62800294707200

Just wishful thinking.

Initial changes: Not much off the top of my head, just make our artifact cooldown a baseline cooldown at 2 minutes but instead of filling your combo bar, simply forces a 6 roll from Roll the Bones and disable ever getting a 6 roll from Roll the Bones itself. The latter changes fixes alot of problems with Outlaw, firstly, they can balance our DPS and roll the bones accordingly, as the biggest problem right now is that they have to make outlaw intentionally weak consistent damage because if they made us do consistent good damage, then when we get a 6 roll our damage will be way too ridiculous... This is the poorest way to ever approach class design, they've done this before in the past and appear to not have learned from doing this.

But if they give us a cooldown that forces a 6 roll, they can balance it all predictably and thus make us a solid DPS throughout the expansion.

Other then that we just need adjustments to our scaling, we scale too poorly and maybe changing how our mastery works is the easiest way to do that.

Additionally, I'd make Marked for Death and Dismantle baseline abilities again (factoring pvp here too)

Talents: Not so much about overhauling the tree, rather just making talents stronger and more meaningful choices, and their competitors just as strong, some are situational however.

Tier 1: Just overall improvements to these talents (from my perspective anyway)

Made Ghostly Strike like old school Revealing strike, makes it a little more enticing and engaging to use.

Made Swordmaster pretty much the passive from 2 piece tier 21, still passive but gives a more noticeable boost to your throughput other then '10% more chance on additional slash'.

Buffed Quick Draw to compensate loss of Greenskins in bfa.

Tier 2: Mobility Tree, just made all the choices stronger.

Retractable hook: Similar treatment to Double Time talent for Warriors.

Acrobatic Strikes: Merged Hit and Run into this talent to make it a more compelling choice, also passive, for players who ideally want to play the entire game by pressing 1 button.

Slippery: Merged Maneuverability honor talent with Sprint CD reduction and improved it, not just suppressing snares, but all out immunity to roots and snares.

Tier 3: The only notable change here is removing shitty Anticipation for something that could possibly be much more enticing.

Deeper Stratagem: Reverted back to 10% but numbers are arbitrary for now.

Hungering Blades: Simply just makes Restless Blades stronger to the point where it's like a passive true bearing, stacks with true bearing so could be questionably too strong and thus bring back rng problems of trying to get true bearing.

Vigor: Same, honestly I feel like this should be changed but I couldn't think of a good solution, I thought about it also reducing Arush CD to make it an effective competitor to Hungering Blades, might be the best option.

Tier 4: Defensive Tier, remade Iron Stomach but may not be necessary.

Shimmering Cloak: Baked the artifact trait that gives Cloak of Shadows a heal into this while adding a reflect component to allow for interesting decision making in pvp (Do I cloak to reflect this cyclone and possibly go for a kill? Or save it for defensive healing?)

Elusiveness: Same, overall really strong and fun to master, pre-feinting stuns n shit.

Cheat Death: Just bumped the numbers up, I think there are too many 'Cheat Death' mechanics in the game right now like Paladins auto-bubble (which is thankfully being removed)... However I think rogues should be one of the only classes that should have access to it (fits fantasy).

Tier 5: CC/Utility Tier.

Blinding Powder: Just the BfA talent from Blizzcon, I liked it.

Prey on the Weak: Made it just work on our stuns and Dismantle, go-to pve option.

Dirty Tricks: Added Blind to it (was it there in Legion? I don't remember lol.)

Tier 6: Some Changes here, fuck cannonball barrage lol

Long Reach: Similar to the Shivarran Symmetry, merged with a Sweeping Strikes component, makes you want to manage blade flurry n shit, good for cleave/council fights.

Blunderbuss: Passive that puts Between the Eyes in the AoE rotation, good for strong general AoE.

Killing Spree: Burst CD, good for burst AoE n shit.

Tier 7: Changes out the ass, keep in mind MFD is baseline.

Shotgun Blast: big dick AoE button with a CC component for pvp.

Amplified Cursed Blades: Couldn't think of a better name, I hate DPS CDs that are just flat damage increases, so instead of making a whole new CD I just made it a passive that enhances our would-be main DPS CD.

Loaded Dice: The second part might be overkill, but the first part seems decent enough, but maybe the normal Loaded Dice as we have on live would be enough (I'm aware that it might be a talent in BfA as it was in the blizzcon build.)

There's also the whole idea of giving some of the bleeds from assassination and giving them to outlaw, so assassin is poisons, subtetly is shadow and outlaw is bleeds, but I think I've written enough here.

might be cool.

EDIT: nvm fix'd
    Last edited by Vojka; 2018-01-06 at 02:39 PM.

Some of these just seem ridiculous. I'd be a walking tank with some of these talents. Even more than outlaw rogues are already very strong in survivability.

I do kind of like the idea of a long cooldown that guarantees a 6 buff RTB though. That buff is nice but only ever happens when I don't need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Realistically, like 3 of these would make it into the game.
    120 | 110 | 110 | 110 | 101 | 101 | 101 | 100
    91 | 91 | 80 | 70 | 70 | 60 | 60

They are, plus some are boring, a talent that just increases damage by 15%? Bleugh

Just make Outlaw a tankspecc

Hit and Run should definitely be rolled into Acrobatic Strikes. It simply makes thematic sense.

Sprint turned into a freedom was often suggested as a way to balance BoS without removing BoS.

The emphasis on toe to toe ability is good, because Outlaw at the moment is the least "tanky" of the three Rogue specs. Which is ironic as the spec is described as being a "toe to toe fighter using guile". And seeing that Outlaw doesn't have more CC than the other two specs it is clear that the idea of Outlaw failed in Legion.

In terms of DPS, being able to change your playstyle is sorely lacking for Outlaw beyond the first tier of talents.

The talent changes to Sub mid legion were a good step in the right direction as it gave players a choice on how they wanted to use Shadow Dance.

A talent tier modifying Roll the Bones is sorely, sorely needed IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    http://wod-talent-grid-maker.appspot...62800294707200

Tier 7: Changes out the ass, keep in mind MFD is baseline.

Amplified Cursed Blades: Couldn't think of a better name, I hate DPS CDs that are just flat damage increases, so instead of making a whole new CD I just made it a passive that enhances our would-be main DPS CD.
    I like most of the changes, tho this one isn't realistic since after Legion we won't have Curse of the Dreadblades and talents definetly shouldn't be tied to artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by sirethas View Post
    I like most of the changes, tho this one isn't realistic since after Legion we won't have Curse of the Dreadblades and talents definetly shouldn't be tied to artifacts.
    I did that idea because they devs did say that some artifact traits will become baseline for certain specs going into BfA, I don't think it's too far-fetched to say that CotDB could be a potential baseline dps CD for outlaw rogues once we lose our artifacts going into 8.0, but yeah, anything could happen, honestly if anything I'm expecting lots of changes to fix up Outlaw for BfA, Sub already got plenty of changes and Assass too.