Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    dude, that topic is beyond obnoxious, they are saying now since teldarsill burned down the night elves could "refuge" in silvermoon use the sunwell and become high elves, or some shit like that, wtf, they have literally no limits.
    I know it's obnoxious. I've read parts of it. This is the eighth thread on the matter and Blizzard increased the cap, which they then interpreted as Blizzard was paying attention to them and them only.

They've even convinced themselves High Elves are inevitable and coming, despite Blizzard openly telling them that that is not happening.

7+ Year Old Account
    Say something like what? He didn't say anything, it's the most generic blue post ever.
    So are you saying they won't change anything about Void Elves at all based on those discussion threads? Cuz that's literally what the Blue post sounds like to me.
    The delusion reaches new heights apparently.Firstly, the blue specifically talks about Void Elf feedback, he didn't mention High Elves at all.
    That's exactly the point I'm making here. Other than mentioning anti-Helf circle-jerk my whole post is talking about Void Elves. As I asked the other poster, are you suggesting they won't make any change at all to Void Elves based on those discussion threads? Ex: wanting more fleshy skin tones?
    Just know that blizzard read the feedback on this topic, but they certainly read all the anti-HE arguments and the pro-VE arguments as well, the most extreme thing they will do is make the VE former HE but its unlikely.
    Customization additions/changes are more likely to happen than story changes. So I doubt they're going to change it from exiled Blood Elves to High Elves.

I like how you guys quickly jump back to the anti-Helf circlejerk when the main thing about my post were that Void Elves weren't a smooth addition to the game and this is why that thread got a Blue Post.

I reiterate: has any other Allied Race caused this much ruckus? or a blue post in any of those other Allied Races threads? If not then I'm not sure how anyone can say the addition of Void Elves "makes sense" or "is good" or anything of that sort.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    So are you saying they won't change anything about Void Elves at all based on those discussion threads? Cuz that's literally what the Blue post sounds like to me.

That's exactly the point I'm making here. Other than mentioning anti-Helf circle-jerk my whole post is talking about Void Elves. As I asked the other poster, are you suggesting they won't make any change at all to Void Elves based on those discussion threads? Ex: wanting more fleshy skin tones?

Customization additions/changes are more likely to happen than story changes. So I doubt they're going to change it from exiled Blood Elves to High Elves.

I like how you guys quickly jump back to the anti-Helf circlejerk when the main thing about my post were that Void Elves weren't a smooth addition to the game and this is why that thread got a Blue Post.

I reiterate: has any other Allied Race caused this much ruckus? or a blue post in any of those other Allied Races threads? If not then I'm not sure how anyone can say the addition of Void Elves "makes sense" or "is good" or anything of that sort.
    Still mad you are not getting High Elves?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Still mad you are not getting High Elves?
    Nope, it's just obvious how much some people here hate Alliance High Elves.

Blood Elves. Are. High Elves. They were simply renamed by Kael'thas Sunstrider after the scourge invasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

Well its a dumb concept that never should have happened after events of Frozen Throne.

10+ Year Old Account
    ? They read and collate feedback, they are customer service. Not developers.

I am certainly hoping they don't. A Void Elf shouldn't look like a High Elf. That is sort of the point. So far, they've not broken on that. And they haven't after over two months and eight iterations of that thread.

I think you are placing too much emphasis on a blue post whose real effect was just to raise the thread cap. Void Elves are causing a ruckus because the dream of playable Alliance High Elves dies with them. Some have twigged that and are trying to move Void Elves as close as they can.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2018-01-11 at 07:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, but they will not be blonde and white with blue eyes, thats for sure.

I main Alliance and I don't want Alliance high elves. To get high elves means the Alliance will be shafted with yet another copy pasta race will the Horde will gloat again they will get something unique like vulpera or tortollan, get it?

But the high elf fanatics are too selfish to understand that, you don't care that your faction gets screwed in the race department cause you just want your precious blue-eyed elves.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    So in summary, blood elf players' blubbering hot rage is what keeps them from being playable? You absolute snowflakes. No amount of screeching will ever change the fact there's a sizeable population of high elves in the Alliance. Whats even more pathetic is that you ignore established lore to push a narrative because essentially you're assmad you won't be special anymore. The tauren are slow to breed and were almost extinct before they joined the Horde. The Darkspear trolls numbered less than 9000 at one point. Gnomes literally lost 98% of their race. The forsaken were meant to be an incredibly small faction. It goes on and on like that for a lot of other playable races and the worst part is the blood elves only ever joined the Horde to balance out the faction population.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2018-01-12 at 07:37 AM.

I think we all should be aware by know that high elf threads will keep and keep popping until Blizzard actually resolves the hanging high elf story threads one way or another.

As long as there is no resolution, this has no end. Against or in favor of playable high elves, it's all just incessant bickering until blizzard had an explicit posture about high elves, and even then there will be people that won't accept that.

For all the people against playable high elves, stop wasting time trying to "prove" why high elves can't/won't be playable, you are not going to change anyone's mind when the real issue is clearly on Blizzard's courtyard. People are not going to give up on high elves unless the narrative really cuts down any possibility (and in fact, goes the opposite way in still making them relevant) And for real, if people that wanted high elves didn't have you guys to keep arguing against in circles, these thread would get FAR LESS ATTENTION.

If you don't want high elves, don't make threads about high elves, don't bring even more attention to it.

Deleted
    There are four playable elf races now. FOUR. You will not get a fifth, no matter how much you cry on forums or open silly polls about your precious blue eyed elves. This is not World of Elfquest (as in The Nix novel, which was clearly a satirical reference to WoW with its overabundance of Elves even BEFORE the Nightborne and Void Elves became playable), and it wouldn't be fair to the other races. The best you can hope is that Blizzard will take pity of you and throw you a bone by adding a lighter skin tone to Void Elves (although I doubt it). But they will still be Void Elves, which are at least remotely more interesting than blue-eyed blond elves, possibly the most trite trope in all the fantasy genre. Frankly, at this point I hope Horde will bomb all the few remaining high elves settlements in Azeroth and burn them all to the ground, just to shut you up.

5+ Year Old Account
    More people would be complaining if we got high elves as an allied race, lmao. I can already see it: "hurr durr, the horde got all these cool allied races and all we get are blood elves will blue eyes?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by God-King Popo View Post
    More people would be complaining if we got high elves as an allied race, lmao. I can already see it: "hurr durr, the horde got all these cool allied races and all we get are blood elves will blue eyes?!"
    Exactly (I actually said the same thing a few days ago in this very thread, I think). It would be lazy, copy paste design. Void Elves are still a little too similar to Blood Elves for my tastes, but at least they are trying to harness the Void at the cost of their own sanity, and Blizzard can build on that and make them interesting. But no more Elves in WoW, please. Enough is enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AgeOldGnomette View Post
    So in summary, blood elf players' blubbering hot rage is what keeps them from being playable? You absolute snowflakes. No amount of screeching will ever change the fact there's a sizeable population of high elves in the Alliance.
    Complete head canon, refuted in every primary source from the Warcraft encyclopedia to the devs themselves. There are extremely few High Elves (non Horde).

Whats even more pathetic is that you ignore established lore to push a narrative because essentially you're assmad you won't be special anymore.
    Which is a funny statement from someone who has just ignored well established lore to peddle his own headcanon that High Elves (non Horde) have a sizable population.

The tauren are slow to breed and were almost extinct before they joined the Horde. The Darkspear trolls numbered less than 9000 at one point. Gnomes literally lost 98% of their race. The forsaken were meant to be an incredibly small faction. It goes on and on like that for a lot of other playable races and the worst part is the blood elves only ever joined the Horde to balance out the faction population.
    When the High Elf (non Horde) population was brought up in the past it was specifically compared to other 'endangered' races. If you think Gnomes are endangered, High Elves (non Horde) are a whole order of magnitude worse off population wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I think we all should be aware by know that high elf threads will keep and keep popping until Blizzard actually resolves the hanging high elf story threads one way or another.

As long as there is no resolution, this has no end. Against or in favor of playable high elves, it's all just incessant bickering until blizzard had an explicit posture about high elves, and even then there will be people that won't accept that.

For all the people against playable high elves, stop wasting time trying to "prove" why high elves can't/won't be playable, you are not going to change anyone's mind when the real issue is clearly on Blizzard's courtyard. People are not going to give up on high elves unless the narrative really cuts down any possibility (and in fact, goes the opposite way in still making them relevant) And for real, if people that wanted high elves didn't have you guys to keep arguing against in circles, these thread would get FAR LESS ATTENTION.

If you don't want high elves, don't make threads about high elves, don't bring even more attention to it.
    Why don't pro High Elf (non Horde) people stop wasting everyone else's time making threads for something that has already happened then? If these threads are made, the least that can be done is ensure that they don't turn into echo chambers of how awesome playable High Elves (non Horde) will be.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2018-01-12 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Why don't pro High Elf (non Horde) people stop wasting everyone else's time making threads for something that has already happened then? If these threads are made, the least that can be done is ensure that they don't turn into echo chambers of how awesome playable High Elves (non Horde) will be.
    You know they won't. You KNOW that. Yet you still keep wasting your time knowing that, and that's what I just can't fathom. All to go against what other people want and you have no say on, nor facilitation. It's not up to you to decide if people can want high elves.

Also what's with the cutesy "High Elf (non horde)" thing? That's the sort of silly pettiness that makes the anti-high elf people look unnecessarily hostile. Don't twist semantics that serve to describe groups or factions just to muddle what people are arguing about. Senseless obfuscation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavin View Post
    There are four playable elf races now. FOUR. You will not get a fifth, no matter how much you cry on forums or open silly polls about your precious blue eyed elves. This is not World of Elfquest (as in The Nix novel, which was clearly a satirical reference to WoW with its overabundance of Elves even BEFORE the Nightborne and Void Elves became playable), and it wouldn't be fair to the other races. The best you can hope is that Blizzard will take pity of you and throw you a bone by adding a lighter skin tone to Void Elves (although I doubt it). But they will still be Void Elves, which are at least remotely more interesting than blue-eyed blond elves, possibly the most trite trope in all the fantasy genre. Frankly, at this point I hope Horde will bomb all the few remaining high elves settlements in Azeroth and burn them all to the ground, just to shut you up.
    Congratulations on being a drop on a bucket.

The only more senseless than people that keep, and will keep, asking for high elves, is the people against high elves that think they have anything novel to say about it, as if it would change anyone's mind at this point.

Look, it's time we all realize the only way people will stop asking for high elves is when blizzard not only categorically denies the notion, but destroys any possibility within the narrative with un-questionable story choices.

And while I feel bad for people that still hope for high elves, I have no such sympathy for people who's only point in this discussion is to say how wrong people are to want high elves, such as this thread, who is now on it's 19th page of pointless drama because someone just haaaad to make a thread about "why high elves won't happen ever never"

Like, when the people that hate high elves keep bringing them up as if they had anything new to say, you know you are making the debate around them only MORE noticeable, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    You know they won't. You KNOW that. Yet you still keep wasting your time knowing that, and that's what I just can't fathom. All to go against what other people want and you have no say on, nor facilitation. It's not up to you to decide if people can want high elves.

Also what's with the cutesy "High Elf (non horde)" thing? That's the sort of silly pettiness that makes the anti-high elf people look unnecessarily hostile. Don't twist semantics that serve to describe groups or factions just to muddle what people are arguing about. Senseless obfuscation.
    It isn't up to me, but I am free to make my voice heard. Also, the devs pretty much backing my point of view whenever they comment about this topic sort of adds weight to my point of view.

As for the 'High Elf (non Horde) thing'...why not. The great myth driving playable Alliance High Elves is that the race isn't playable. If Blizzard hadn't bothered to rename the Blood Elves back in the day but kept calling them High Elves, part of me wonders would we be even seeing this demand (probably). But it is appropriate to remind people at every point, High Elves are in fact playable.

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations on being a drop on a bucket.

The only more senseless than people that keep, and will keep, asking for high elves, is the people against high elves that think they have anything novel to say about it, as if it would change anyone's mind at this point.

Look, it's time we all realize the only way people will stop asking for high elves is when blizzard not only categorically denies the notion, but destroys any possibility within the narrative with un-questionable story choices.

And while I feel bad for people that still hope for high elves, I have no such sympathy for people who's only point in this discussion is to say how wrong people are to want high elves, such as this thread, who is now on it's 19th page of pointless drama because someone just haaaad to make a thread about "why high elves won't happen ever never"

Like, when the people that hate high elves keep bringing them up as if they had anything new to say, you know you are making the debate around them only MORE noticeable, right?
    If you feel these threads are a problem you are welcome to cease contributing yourself and do your little bit to fix it.

It isn't up to me, but I am free to make my voice heard. Also, the devs pretty much backing my point of view whenever they comment about this topic sort of adds weight to my point of view.

As for the 'High Elf (non Horde) thing'...why not. The great myth driving playable Alliance High Elves is that the race isn't playable. If Blizzard hadn't bothered to rename the Blood Elves back in the day but kept calling them High Elves, part of me wonders would we be even seeing this demand (probably). But it is appropriate to remind people at every point, High Elves are in fact playable.
    Sure, be pedantic and call Blood elves "horde high elves" it really has nothing to do with the issue at hand. At the end is just like calling both tushui and huojin pandaren.

Yet your dis-ingenuousness is palpable, and off putting. You are very well aware that the deal with blood and high elves is all about the same people but on opposite factions, that is the appeal, that's what their storylines are about.

No matter what semantics you muddle, when people say they want high elves to be playable, they are referring to the alliance aligned version of the race. You know this. You really gain nothing by being disingenious about the issues.

If you feel these threads are a problem you are welcome to cease contributing yourself and do your little bit to fix it.
    Just stopping by really, had some time to kill. But it just fun seeing anti high elf people go in circles chasing pro-high elf people that go on the same circle. A real ouroboros this is.

I mean no matter how much times you say high elves are playable, it won't make any person that wants alliance high elves change their mind, so at least you could be truthful and not obfuscate meaning in order to make a fallacious point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, be pedantic and call Blood elves "horde high elves" it really has nothing to do with the issue at hand. At the end is just like calling both tushui and huojin pandaren.

Yet your dis-ingenuousness is palpable, and off putting. You are very well aware that the deal with blood and high elves is all about the same people but on opposite factions, that is the appeal, that's what their storylines are about.

No matter what semantics you muddle, when people say they want high elves to be playable, they are referring to the alliance aligned version of the race. You know this. You really gain nothing by being disingenious about the issues.

Just stopping by really, had some time to kill. But it just fun seeing anti high elf people go in circles chasing pro-high elf people that go on the same circle. A real ouroboros this is.

I mean no matter how much times you say high elves are playable, it won't make any person that wants alliance high elves change their mind, so at least you could be truthful and not obfuscate meaning in order to make a fallacious point.
    I am not obfuscating meaning. High Elves are playable. And while there is a divide caused by a factional split, the vast, vast majority of the race are on the Horde.

I see no need to give a skein of respectability to this idea of some epic political conflict between the two groups because that implies equivalence. The Blood Elves possesses the lands of Quel'thalas (covering three zones), the Elven Fleet, the Farstriders, the city of Silvermoon, the actual Sunwell, the civilian population, the magisters and the army.

The High Elves of Dalaran have a few rooms in Dalaran. They don't even have their own quarter anymore.

It's like saying the battle for the American left is a no holds barred battle between the Democratic party and the communist party USA. Hardly equivalent groups in terms of impact or influence.

AFFIX Elves are not going to do it, we have enough of them!
    Yes, we already have "Drows", "High Elves" calling themselves "Blood Elves", now Void Elves. I could imagine Wood Elves, whatever Elves, but people pointed out lots of potential races with much more novelty potential than elves.