Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavin View Post
    There are four playable elf races now. FOUR. You will not get a fifth, no matter how much you cry on forums or open silly polls about your precious blue eyed elves. This is not World of Elfquest (as in The Nix novel, which was clearly a satirical reference to WoW with its overabundance of Elves even BEFORE the Nightborne and Void Elves became playable), and it wouldn't be fair to the other races. The best you can hope is that Blizzard will take pity of you and throw you a bone by adding a lighter skin tone to Void Elves (although I doubt it). But they will still be Void Elves, which are at least remotely more interesting than blue-eyed blond elves, possibly the most trite trope in all the fantasy genre. Frankly, at this point I hope Horde will bomb all the few remaining high elves settlements in Azeroth and burn them all to the ground, just to shut you up.
    I mean you can say that now, but what happens once they include a 2nd iteration of the remaining races? We have no indication how different the Allied Races can be but we do have evidence of how similar they can be. So far, every Allied Race added uses either a skeleton or model of an existing race. Going by this, it means races with unique models (Arrakoa/Ogres/Vrykul/etc) would be out of the picture. We won't know until the next round of races added, how Blizzard wants to go about it. But eventually each existing race will have a 2nd iteration and then unless Blizzard adds uniquely modeled races, then there will be 3rd iterations of these races, so on so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    You know they won't. You KNOW that. Yet you still keep wasting your time knowing that, and that's what I just can't fathom. All to go against what other people want and you have no say on, nor facilitation. It's not up to you to decide if people can want high elves.

Also what's with the cutesy "High Elf (non horde)" thing? That's the sort of silly pettiness that makes the anti-high elf people look unnecessarily hostile. Don't twist semantics that serve to describe groups or factions just to muddle what people are arguing about. Senseless obfuscation.

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations on being a drop on a bucket.

The only more senseless than people that keep, and will keep, asking for high elves, is the people against high elves that think they have anything novel to say about it, as if it would change anyone's mind at this point.

Look, it's time we all realize the only way people will stop asking for high elves is when blizzard not only categorically denies the notion, but destroys any possibility within the narrative with un-questionable story choices.

And while I feel bad for people that still hope for high elves, I have no such sympathy for people who's only point in this discussion is to say how wrong people are to want high elves, such as this thread, who is now on it's 19th page of pointless drama because someone just haaaad to make a thread about "why high elves won't happen ever never"

Like, when the people that hate high elves keep bringing them up as if they had anything new to say, you know you are making the debate around them only MORE noticeable, right?
    Thanks for pretty much aptly describing the whole situation. Until Blizzard explicitly settles the issue this is going to be an on-going thing. Honestly I personally see the people against it the same way people were against Classic Servers/Demon Hunters.

That is, until it's actually added into the game or explicitly stated to not happen there will always be those bringing evidence to "it won't ever happen."

IIRC most of the Classic Server talk died down after a Blizzard Blue post stated they wouldn't be talking about Classic at Blizzcon 2016, and one thread relegated to its discussion on the official forums. So if Blizzard wants to quell these discussions they can just be explicit about the entire subject, of which they've yet to be for some reason or another. That's the only thing I can't fathom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonEntity View Post
    AFFIX Elves are not going to do it, we have enough of them!
    Yes, we already have "Drows", "High Elves" calling themselves "Blood Elves", now Void Elves. I could imagine Wood Elves, whatever Elves, but people pointed out lots of potential races with much more novelty potential than elves.
    I agree, we already have enough Elves.

And you have nothing to fear from potential Wood Elves.

As far as Blizzard is concerend, ala the old Chris Metzen interview, the wood elves of the Warcraft Universe are the Night Elves. We have Dark Elves, High Elves and Wood Elves (and weird elves I guess).

Nothing more can be milked from the concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll probably add high elves when they need to build hype for a future expansion. I recall people saying demon hunters would never happen but they did blizzard can make up whatever they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    They'll probably add high elves when they need to build hype for a future expansion. I recall people saying demon hunters would never happen but they did blizzard can make up whatever they want.
    They did. They added Blood Elves and it was a big component for the hype for TBC back in the day.

Can't hype the same thing twice.

And Blizzard never came out and said we are never adding Demon Hunters. They've pretty much said that on playable Alliance High Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Even Blizzard themselves said a lot things wouldn't happen, and end up happening anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.. Reading some of these posts.. Lets be clear here. I can only speak for myself but I *think* I'm representing a couple more people at least.

The entire deal with why I want high elves is because it's my favorite race and I want to play alliance. That there is established back story for high elves still part of the alliance is just the catalyst as to why it's asked for so often. Hell if they added Helves but gave them to horde that would feel entirely redundant to me and solve absolutely nothing.

If they let Blood elves choose faction (which is also established in lore that a faction allegiance swap has been negotiated plenty) that would be OK too. The sh*t I give about blue vs green eyes is not much.

Now realistically I don't expect them to really do this. Alliance just got Void Elves, which unfortunately can't be palas and also are purple.. But that still doesn't mean I will stop dreaming about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just stopping by really, had some time to kill. But it just fun seeing anti high elf people go in circles chasing pro-high elf people that go on the same circle. A real ouroboros this is.

I mean no matter how much times you say high elves are playable, it won't make any person that wants alliance high elves change their mind, so at least you could be truthful and not obfuscate meaning in order to make a fallacious point.
    I wouldn't even bother talking to Obelisk Kai. He has complete and utter contempt for those that want High Elves. Who cares? If you don't want them then don't play them. I've never understood the militant "anti" movements we get in WoW. I'm not pro or anti-High Elf, yet if you disagree with him (and the anti-High Elf group) they tar and feather you, labeling you as pro-High Elf. Then they proceed to bash you. The fact of the matter is, there are plenty of good reason why High Elves are likely to be playable. They've spent more time on the Silver Covenant storyline from WotLK through Legion than any other Alliance race not Night Elves or Humans. Through the story they've made it abundantly clear High Elves are not Blood Elves. The anti-High Elf solution? Kill off the Silver Covenant! The pro-High Elf people are merely desiring something while the anti-High Elf people scream and yell as loud as they can to prevent it. It's fairly obvious which side is acting immature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    I wouldn't even bother talking to Obelisk Kai. He has complete and utter contempt for those that want High Elves. Who cares? If you don't want them then don't play them. I've never understood the militant "anti" movements we get in WoW. I'm not pro or anti-High Elf, yet if you disagree with him (and the anti-High Elf group) they tar and feather you, labeling you as pro-High Elf. Then they proceed to bash you. The fact of the matter is, there are plenty of good reason why High Elves are likely to be playable. They've spent more time on the Silver Covenant storyline from WotLK through Legion than any other Alliance race not Night Elves or Humans. Through the story they've made it abundantly clear High Elves are not Blood Elves. The anti-High Elf solution? Kill off the Silver Covenant! The pro-High Elf people are merely desiring something while the anti-High Elf people scream and yell as loud as they can to prevent it. It's fairly obvious which side is acting immature.
    An eleven year long tantrum is surely the mark of a mature mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    An eleven year long tantrum is surely the mark of a mature mind.
    See, you couldn't even read my post. You ignore time and time again that I'm not pro-High Elf, yet you continue to label me as such. As I've stated before, there are many other races I would rather have personally than High Elves, including Forest Trolls, Ogre and Naga. You're making yourself look the fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavin View Post
    Exactly (I actually said the same thing a few days ago in this very thread, I think). It would be lazy, copy paste design. Void Elves are still a little too similar to Blood Elves for my tastes, but at least they are trying to harness the Void at the cost of their own sanity, and Blizzard can build on that and make them interesting. But no more Elves in WoW, please. Enough is enough.
    They will never make them interesting. Blizzard messed up royally with Void Elves and it’s too late to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Hmm.. Reading some of these posts.. Lets be clear here. I can only speak for myself but I *think* I'm representing a couple more people at least.

The entire deal with why I want high elves is because it's my favorite race and I want to play alliance. That there is established back story for high elves still part of the alliance is just the catalyst as to why it's asked for so often. Hell if they added Helves but gave them to horde that would feel entirely redundant to me and solve absolutely nothing.

If they let Blood elves choose faction (which is also established in lore that a faction allegiance swap has been negotiated plenty) that would be OK too. The sh*t I give about blue vs green eyes is not much.

Now realistically I don't expect them to really do this. Alliance just got Void Elves, which unfortunately can't be palas and also are purple.. But that still doesn't mean I will stop dreaming about it.
    “i wanna play a pretty race on the good guy faction!!1!”

that’s literally what your post is saying lmfao. you even said if belves could choose alliance you would be satisfied.

jeez, how shallow can you people get?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    See, you couldn't even read my post. You ignore time and time again that I'm not pro-High Elf, yet you continue to label me as such. As I've stated before, there are many other races I would rather have personally than High Elves, including Forest Trolls, Ogre and Naga. You're making yourself look the fool.
    Didn't mention you at all. If you re-read MY post I said an eleven year tantrum, as pro High Elfers have indulged in, is the sign of an immature mind. Seems you were just too eager to go on the attack in assuming it was personal rather than a wide ranging retort applying to a group. Did what you accused me of doing in fact. There's a word for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Look, it's time we all realize the only way people will stop asking for high elves is when blizzard not only categorically denies the notion, but destroys any possibility within the narrative with un-questionable story choices.
    And thats is exactly what they will do

High elves only existed to be Blood elf antagonists, they have nothing on their own, with Void elves now, they will just vanish and be replaced;

With luck the elf dying besides sylvanas in teldrassil is Veressa and this whole silver covenant bullshit can go to hell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    And thats is exactly what they will do

High elves only existed to be Blood elf antagonists, they have nothing on their own, with Void elves now, they will just vanish and be replaced;

With luck the elf dying besides sylvanas in teldrassil is Veressa and this whole silver covenant bullshit can go to hell
    I don't see that they deserve it. If that's how it ends, happy days, but they can rot in Dalaran otherwise. They've already taken up too much storytime and given too many people false hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    “i wanna play a pretty race on the good guy faction!!1!”

that’s literally what your post is saying lmfao. you even said if belves could choose alliance you would be satisfied.

jeez, how shallow can you people get?
    How sad is it that you have to resort to trying to insult me because I want to play something that you don't? I'm just making a brutally honest point of what I want and that I don't really expect it to make it in and you still feel like you have to make more people in the world to dislike you?

They really have no limits on which allied races can be added. By their nature, these races use less resources by not having a starting zone experience. So yes, they could add high elves still as allied races are copy pastes. I think blizzard is just gaging demand. They could potentially add them along with forest trolls in a story driven battle for quel'thalas patch in which Lor'themar actually reaches out to the Amani in desperation to fend off an alliance assault which causes a further schism among the elves.

Deleted
    Complete head canon, refuted in every primary source from the Warcraft encyclopedia to the devs themselves. There are extremely few High Elves (non Horde).
    In your subjective opinion its headcannon, in reality we have Vereesa's faction and an actual number which is contested as being between 1,440 and 8000. Roughly, y'know, what the darkspear pop was.

Which is a funny statement from someone who has just ignored well established lore to peddle his own headcanon that High Elves (non Horde) have a sizable population.
    What's funnier is you think Vereesa magically finding AN INCREDIBLY SMALL population of 'void elves' - that are essentially high elves in everything but name - is perfectly viable but not high elves? Its an absolute asspull to keep people like you from whinging your guts out.

When the High Elf (non Horde) population was brought up in the past it was specifically compared to other 'endangered' races. If you think Gnomes are endangered, High Elves (non Horde) are a whole order of magnitude worse off population wise.
    And the same was brought up numerous times other about other races whether it was the forsaken, darkspear trolls, gnomes, tauren or even classes like night elf female druids. Your entire argument hinges on a decision made from a business perspective to balance players in the faction pop.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2018-01-12 at 06:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AgeOldGnomette View Post
    In your subjective opinion its headcannon, in reality we have Vereesa's faction and an actual number which is contested as being between 1,440 and 8000. Roughly, y'know, what the darkspear pop was.

those numbers are not canon, the devs already said the HE are a nearly extinct and dying race, they also said trolls and gnome are far more numerous

Veressa and the silver covenant are a small military faction, in fact we can even said the Void elf numbers are large than living HE since they come from the BE who hold 90% of the elf population.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-01-12 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    those numbers are not canon, the devs already said the HE are a nearly extinct and dying race, they also said trolls and gnome are far more numerous

Veressa and the silver covenant are a small military faction, in fact we can even said the Void elf numbers are large than living HE since they come from the BE who hold 90% of the elf population.
    Pretty sure there’s just 20 - 30 Void Elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Pretty sure there’s just 20 - 30 Void Elves.
    then its 18 more than HE