Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Agriculture made inequality worse, the industrial revolution made it worse, future tech will probably make it worse. It's not the end of world, civilization keeps humming along.
    This.

Inequality is not always a terrible world. Actually, there's no progress without increasing the inequality, since not everyone will have its life improved at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    This.

Inequality is not always a terrible world. Actually, there's no progress without increasing the inequality, since not everyone will have its life improved at the same time.
    This is bullshit since most "progress" is made with new money and new start up business.
    "Countless lives continuously lost because human tribalism will never cease.

We the voting public throughout the world are a bunch of uninformed collective idiots with no regard for the actions of the people we elevate to power. And those people we elevate are akin to the monsters we tell our children stories about." Tommo

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoSuMe View Post
    This is bullshit since most "progress" is made with new money and new start up business.
    Did you prove me everyone can have its life improved at the same time everytime a technological breakthrough is made ? No. So, i don't even see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    Did you prove me everyone can have its life improved at the same time everytime a technological breakthrough is made ? No. So, i don't even see your point.
    OP is talking about stocks rate of return vs working mans rate of return...Old money stays old because it takes no risk. Every time a breakthrough happens the scales balance a little bit for new money. It will never be 1 to 1 even but it can be better without letting people start off with daddy's 5 billion in the bank.

We the voting public throughout the world are a bunch of uninformed collective idiots with no regard for the actions of the people we elevate to power. And those people we elevate are akin to the monsters we tell our children stories about." Tommo

Deleted
    When Sillicon Valley eventually disrupt government and destroy the competition and use all that data they collect about you to start the gosplan 2.0 prepare yourself for a new form of feudalism if you don't find yourself in the bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    This is especially true in contemporary America.

Median wage in constant 2017 dollars:
    1990: $27,468
    2016: $30,533
    Total increase in median wage, 1990-2016: 11.16%

Total increase in S&P 500 average, adjusted for inflation, January 1990 – present: 305.6%

So being born into wealth conveys a huge advantage over working hard.
    That is quite the difference. And yeah (and I don't think this part is a new revelation), the more money you have the easier it is to make more.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    So being born into wealth conveys a huge advantage over working hard.
    Also, water is wet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoSuMe View Post
    Thats easy death tax at 75% of anything over 5 million if you want to be a millionaire earn it yourself dont think you get to live off daddy. If they think they cant keep it they will invest it.
    If you want to be a millionaire earn it your self don't think you can live off random other people you will never meet in your life?
    Id rather my money went to my kids then some random smug on the other side of the country. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    If you want to be a millionaire earn it your self don't think you can live off random other people you will never meet in your life?
    Id rather my money went to my kids then some random smug on the other side of the country. Thank you very much.
    Problem here isnt that everyone should be millionaires but if you are working a fulltime job you should damned well be able to support you and your family but it gets harder and harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Problem here isnt that everyone should be millionaires but if you are working a fulltime job you should damned well be able to support you and your family but it gets harder and harder.
    Really? Not in my country.

Can we at least tag a country to certain claims on these forums? I think most of the problems people talk about here are problems that are coming from the decay of the USA.

Don't worry. Those who have that kind of money also have the lawyers and accountants...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    I don't agree. If you choose to work a dead end job that requires no skills it should damned well not be a job you can support you family on.
    Stop having kids if you can't afford them and especially if you and your partner both work at McDonalds.

I don't agree. If you choose to work a dead end job that requires no skills it should damned well not be a job you can support you family on.
    Stop having kids if you can't afford them and especially if you and your partner both work at McDonalds.
    Tell the rich to stop amassing riches if they can't afford to pay back society for providing them with infrastructure first and we can talk about the middle and lower classes trying to have children they can't afford.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Does that apply to the present? They would need to kill Trump before they could take control.
    it won't be trump but those who are in the top 100 of forbes will be the first to taste the guillotine as those are the one who really benefit from current status quo and true puppet masters behind any shit going around in the world, politicians are just the mirror they use to misdirect people's anger.

You take two dude pay them few million for an election campaign, give them the spotlight and give the peoples the impression they had the ability to decide who run their country or what kind of policies are implemented.

Then when they are into the job you could direct them as much as you want, no one gonna say anything. Did you think that trump or any other politician would be able to flat besos or gates?

It's like that all around the world, look at china, a communist country, run with an iron first and yet last year set the record for the highest number of new millionaire, hilarious.

Problem is human are avid, everyone given the opportunity would just fuck the world and keep amassing money, when shit hit the fan some heads roll and circle is partially resetted back into a more palatable level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Really? Not in my country.

Can we at least tag a country to certain claims on these forums? I think most of the problems people talk about here are problems that are coming from the decay of the USA.
    you know why? Because a small country like netherlands run on a fiscal scheme barely above a fiscal heaven like carribean islands, many corps have their fiscal residence in the netherland and many of them are involved in all kind of labor misconduct and are also responsible for much shit going with raw material extraction in africa.

why swiss is so well developed and rich? cuz they make nice clock? or because their banking sects is used by most crime syndicate in the world?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

People think inequality of wealth means that we all can't buy Ipad's and go on vacations every year, so therefore, all us common folk bitch and complain.

No, we just want enough money to pay our stupid high rent and feed ourseives with food that isn't shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    you know why? Because a small country like netherlands run on a fiscal scheme barely above a fiscal heaven like carribean islands, many corps have their fiscal residence in the netherland and many of them are involved in all kind of labor misconduct and are also responsible for much shit going with raw material extraction in africa.

why swiss is so well developed and rich? cuz they make nice clock? or because their banking sects is used by most crime syndicate in the world?
    Haters gonna hate

I don't want to be a millionaire I want old money to have to use it or lose it. money in the system is better than money rotting in a loop of index returns.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    it won't be trump but those who are in the top 100 of forbes will be the first to taste the guillotine as those are the one who really benefit from current status quo and true puppet masters behind any shit going around in the world, politicians are just the mirror they use to misdirect people's anger.
    When are you predicting this guillotine is going to be used?

All that would happen is the violent leftist revolutionaries would be imprisoned.
    Last edited by PC2; 2018-01-12 at 02:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    why do you think economy is not working for the average worker? What do you think the solution should be? Tax the rich, so they don't make as much? What would that accomplish? Increase the minimum wage, thereby creating inflation and rising price of everyday service? Should we increase tax of the rich to 50%, and import more poor people from the third world nations, increase their quality of life? Should this be our holy mission?

- - - Updated - - -

do you think wealthy should be benevolent, not charge for use of something? Provide that something for free?
    Yeah tax the rich with a global taxation regime so they cannot evade taxation from western countries'. The fundamental basics of economics for you to understand is; when you tax the rich and redistribute, their equity portfolios, real estate returns all increase to, because their net worths are intrinsically tied to the health of the stock market and GDP growth. You have been deluded by conservative and libertarian propaganda because they want to dismantle the government to ensure they can socialize all the losses and citizens have no protections against their unscrupulous business practices.

Wages rising wouldn't attribute one iota to inflation since inflation is tied to oil price, which is on the decline due to OPEC and Europe regulating it's use out of existence.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait to hear about your non-dead end job. Judging by your writing level and reading comprehension, I have a feeling you are closer to the "dead-enders" than you think.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-01-12 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Infracted: flaming

When are you predicting this guillotine is going to be used?

More than likely these violent revolutionaries would simply be imprisoned.
    who know maybe 10 year or 20 or the when next cyclical financial crisis kick in, for now the steady influx of poor africans coming to europe are already pushing many right wing party into power, when even them fail because they are in the pocket of those rich guys and would never go against them who know how peoples will react.

You can already see how the big promises trump give where just a smoke screen, all those middle class worker in america who know how much longer will keep their hand before going violent, sure at start many will be arrested but at certain point it will transform from social unrest to a full fledged civil war.

Some peoples think we have a future of stability but imho we are fast approaching the end of circle and the first signals are already out some peoples better begin wash their neck for what is gonna coming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Yeah tax the rich with a global taxation regime so they cannot evade taxation from western countries'. The fundamental basics of economics for you to understand is; when you tax the rich and redistribute, their equity portfolios, real estate returns all increase to, because their net worths are intrinsically tied to the health of the stock market and GDP growth. You have been deluded by conservative and libertarian propaganda because they want to dismantle the government to ensure they can socialize all the losses and citizens have no protections against their unscrupulous business practices.

Wages rising wouldn't attribute one iota to inflation since inflation is tied to oil price, which is on the decline due to OPEC and Europe regulating it's use out of existence.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait to hear about your non-dead end job. Judging by your writing level and reading comprehension, I have a feeling you are closer to the "dead-enders" than you think.
    also the concentration of capitals in the hands of few should be addressed to avoid some people to reach a net worth comparable to a small country, some corps once reached a certain size should be dismembered and downscaled.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.