Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How do you use caffeine in your life?

I was reading about how NFL players love to binge on caffeine just before and during gameday (probably supplemented by Gatorade).

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/05/nfl-...geoff-schwartz

Chris Long: I'll still slam 4 cups on game day, but Day to day... life is good.
    Geoff Schwartz: When I was young, I'd have 3 sparks and a Red Bull throughout gameday. Not healthy.
    Jordan Heck: Ed Orgeron says when he's drinking, he'll have 8-10 energy drinks a day: "If we do something LSU we're going to do it full speed."

For me, caffeine stops being effective if I take it for 4 days in a row. So my routine is no caffeine after thursday morning for the rest of the week to lose my tolerance.

Friday: no caffeine
    Saturday: no caffeine
    Sunday: no caffeine
    monday: caffeine all day to get back into the work week. I can REALLY feel it on mondays after several days off and it gets me through the day very well.
    tuesday: caffeine all day but less of an impact
    wednesday: caffeine all day but less of an impact
    thursday: caffeine in the morning only
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I don't. What I drink is usually some juice or fanta, nothing really containing that.

I don't. Literally never drink caffeine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Get it in my PWO (pre-workout) 5-6 times a week as I don't drink any coffee, energy drinks or soda.

monday / tuesday / thursday / friday - 2x extra large black coffees that last entire work day, i finish the cold black coffee before driving home

weekeneds i drink much less but have a keurig at home for my brews'
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Caffine isn't what's bad for you in the energy drinks.
    That said I take a healthy dose of pre workout with approx 400mg of caffeine once a day for 2 weeks then cycle off for 7 days due to tolerance.

Literally by drinking it. At breakfast and after dinner.

10+ Year Old Account
    to clean the toilet with.

no wait.. thats coke.

wait coke has caffeine.

so I was right!
    #boycottchina

I decided to cut soda out of my diet,so no more Mt Dew,now it's a 200mg caffeine pill in the morning with breakfast and a second with lunch.

Trying to cut it out almost completely. The only thing caffeine does for me is make me unable to sleep. I don't seem to be getting any of the beneficial properties of it.

Main sources of it for me used to be coke, energy drinks and iced tea. Completely cut off from energy drinks for a few months now. Coke is just an occasional treat. Currently still cutting back on iced tea. When I drink it it's just a single can now. Used to drink a 1.5 liter bottle in a sitting. Then moved to 1 liter bottles, and now down to cans. I mostly drink (tap) water now.

Deleted
    When I was younger (early 20's) and working 70 hours a week, I would drink coffee all day just to keep going.

These days I drink it because I like it, not because I need it. Usually drink an espresso late in the morning around 11:00, another one after dinner.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I drink 3-6 cups of coffee a day generally. (Or well. I drink 1-2 big mugs. But on the brewer that's the marks I go by).

This shit is delicious as I have the right water.

And on that note. It's time for me to get my second mug!
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    I drink green tea a couple times a week, and put matcha in my smoothies a couple times a week. If I really need to be awake, I'll get a small coffee.

Only drink coffee on work, more of a tea guy.

Coffee enema.

jk.

but i drink a couple cups of black coffee every morning, and two 12oz red bulls a week. never more than two.

no soda, unless you consider the red bull soda. then that would be the only one.

i find coffee is the best way to get caffeine, i dunno if it's because it's hot or w/e but it never lets me down.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One mug of coffee ( equals about 3 cups of normal size ) each morning after I get up. Coffee in moderation, 2 - 4 cups a day is good for most people. Even some evidence it may help prevent or slow down the process of dementia. Rarely drink any soft drinks or other caffeine drinks. Maybe 2 or 3 soft drinks a year.

Back in my youth I did it all to be able ot keep burning both ends of the candle. I was more of a caffeine pill (No-Doz) and Cola driker taker myself. though I didn't drink soda for the caffeine I just didn't drink that much water. Now I'm pretty much stuck on coffee. At one point, I drunk around 100+ oz of black tar a day. But I cleaned myself up and limit myself to three 6 ounce servings a day.

I finally learned sleep was the actual cure to me being sleepy all the time.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    Get it in my PWO (pre-workout) 5-6 times a week as I don't drink any coffee, energy drinks or soda.
    Amen, only liquids in my body are BCAAs, pre-workout, water, and some milk every once and a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I was reading about how NFL players love to binge on caffeine just before and during gameday (probably supplemented by Gatorade).

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/05/nfl-...geoff-schwartz

Chris Long: I'll still slam 4 cups on game day, but Day to day... life is good.
    Geoff Schwartz: When I was young, I'd have 3 sparks and a Red Bull throughout gameday. Not healthy.
    Jordan Heck: Ed Orgeron says when he's drinking, he'll have 8-10 energy drinks a day: "If we do something LSU we're going to do it full speed."

For me, caffeine stops being effective if I take it for 4 days in a row. So my routine is no caffeine after thursday morning for the rest of the week to lose my tolerance.

Friday: no caffeine
    Saturday: no caffeine
    Sunday: no caffeine
    monday: caffeine all day to get back into the work week. I can REALLY feel it on mondays after several days off and it gets me through the day very well.
    tuesday: caffeine all day but less of an impact
    wednesday: caffeine all day but less of an impact
    thursday: caffeine in the morning only
    yes - cant function properly without morning coffee when i come to the office and sometime 2nd one around 2 pm when i know i have hard training in the evening and need to function instead taking a nap after work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I finally learned sleep was the actual cure to me being sleepy all the time.
    ye that the magical revelation that comes with age

finally people understand why their parents were going so fast to sleep while they were spending half of night playing computer games

2-3 cups a coffee mon-fri and at least one one sat/sunday. went without a cup till late yesterday evening and i had no energy and a major head ache.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22