Alpha/beta discussion = pages and pages of huge texts about lore

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    The point is that Void Elves should never be an Allied Race period.
    they're cool looking and i like them, so they should be an allied race. the fact that blizz just had to tack on that they're blood elves instead of high elves made it kinda better, since it puckered so many anuses.

hell, i even support getting high elves as playable. but the autistic rage over it is comical.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    Now here's an old gem I made back in the day. Im sure its not related... im suuuuure of it...
    Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    There is still some division going on i guess.
    Moira's dialog:

Code:
    The Alliance needs strength. Unity. The king's plan to bring in fresh blood is a good one.

But I can't help thinking of my own Dark Iron clan. Of the fractures that divide us.
    IMHO that could be read as a divide between dark iron and the other dwarven clans("us" being Dwarfs), not necessarily internal strife within the dark iron itself(though it probably is).

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they're cool looking and i like them, so they should be an allied race. the fact that blizz just had to tack on that they're blood elves instead of high elves made it kinda better, since it puckered so many anuses.

hell, i even support getting high elves as playable. but the autistic rage over it is comical.
    Blood elves becoming void elves makes more sense than high elves becoming void elves. I never understood those that wanted high elves to be void elves as it would totally shit on their established lore and the way they're known thus far.

Honestly, I'm a little sad they didn't use Moira as a more ambigous or secretly evil character. After the events that lead to the Council of Three Hammers, she seems to have been declawed, she poses no threat to Ironforge's peace anymore, either on a macro or micro level.

The three Dwarf races that had been de facto enemies for generations are suddenly united, which is even more ridiculous as comparatively new conflicts (Humans vs Forsaken, members of their own race; and Horde vs Alliance in general) only seem to steam up.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I think because of the traditional evilness of Dark Iron Dwarves that actually makes Moira more interesting to me. Sort of like that holy dreadlord whose name escapes me.

Also, on Ogres: I think Mok’nethal are (imo unfortunately, though would need to see their model) a lot more likely than Ogres. They have so many advantages over them. Rexxar is quite popular, a lot more artistic options as they have more wiggle Room to make them different, no size issues and from what we’ve seen of Allied Races so far, would fit the definition of twist on existing race.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Honestly, I'm a little sad they didn't use Moira as a more ambigous or secretly evil character. After the events that lead to the Council of Three Hammers, she seems to have been declawed, she poses no threat to Ironforge's peace anymore, either on a macro or micro level.

The three Dwarf races that had been de facto enemies for generations are suddenly united, which is even more ridiculous as comparatively new conflicts (Humans vs Forsaken, members of their own race; and Horde vs Alliance in general) only seem to steam up.
    She wants to rule Ironforge AND Shadowforge. I'm glad that she's been trying to reach that goal with diplomacy rather than treason or warfare. She doesn't need to be good, she just needs to play her cards well. She's been contributing with the Alliance since MoP. I never saw her as "declawed", only careful.
    Whatever...

They'd have to create a completely new model for Mok'nathal, though, the ones in BC simply used Orc models with maybe a darker brown skin color, and even the current Rexxar model (I think it was created for WoD) is more or less that of an Orc, with maybe a slightly different face, hard to tell with the mask, though, you only see the mouth.

And that's for both genders. Ogres are simpler in that regard, only the females are missing, the WoD male Ogre model could be rigged to work as a player model, similar to Nightfallen.

Size is not an issue in my book, Tauren were supposed to be much larger anyway, even Orcs should be about a head taller than Humans on average. Ogres, Vrykul... cap them at the Tauren size, done.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    She wants to rule Ironforge AND Shadowforge. I'm glad that she's been trying to reach that goal with diplomacy rather than treason or warfare. She doesn't need to be good, she just needs to play her cards well. She's been contributing with the Alliance since MoP. I never saw her as "declawed", only careful.
    This pretty much! I like where things are going with this whole storyline about the dwarven clans.

It makes very little lore sense for them to be a playable race, much less a member of the Alliance. Ditto with the Lightforged Draenei.

It makes very little lore sense for them to be a playable race, much less a member of the Alliance. Ditto with the Lightforged Draenei.
    makes enough sense to me.

only thing that annoys me is that their classes aren't restricted to very few things. rogue, priest, warlock, mage, maybe hunter and warrior. i wouldn't have included monk at all in that.

makes enough sense to me.

only thing that annoys me is that their classes aren't restricted to very few things. rogue, priest, warlock, mage, maybe hunter and warrior. i wouldn't have included monk at all in that.
    Meh. I think it's fine. The line has been incredibly thin since vanilla, with undead priests. There are plenty of other combinations that don't make the most sense(but are easily explained) like Night Elf mages, Undead priests, Tauren paladins, Gnome hunters, Goblin shamans, etc etc. The theme of a race shouldn't fully dictate what they can and cannot do. There will always be outliers, and we are those outliers. Just because Void Elves dabble and are touched by the Void, does not mean they are 100% void based and that's the only "magic" they can utilize.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure it does. Why wouldn't they be?

Reasons to be a playable race:
    -unique customization: check
    -would be played by player base: check
    -lore exists or created for them: check

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Meh. I think it's fine. The line has been incredibly thin since vanilla, with undead priests. There are plenty of other combinations that don't make the most sense(but are easily explained) like Night Elf mages, Undead priests, Tauren paladins, Gnome hunters, Goblin shamans, etc etc. The theme of a race shouldn't fully dictate what they can and cannot do. There will always be outliers, and we are those outliers. Just because Void Elves dabble and are touched by the Void, does not mean they are 100% void based and that's the only "magic" they can utilize.
    i mean, they're specifically infused with the void to gain a power advantage.

it feels like the only things that would benefit from that are people that use magic in some way. your fireballs beefed up with a jolt of void energy, your fel flame ripping at your target's mind with a little void infusion, shit like that.

warriors and hunters... they barely fit with that, not much to gain there. and a monk, i feel like the void within would corrupt the life energy you're trying to balance within yourself.

i mean, they're specifically infused with the void to gain a power advantage.

it feels like the only things that would benefit from that are people that use magic in some way. your fireballs beefed up with a jolt of void energy, your fel flame ripping at your target's mind with a little void infusion, shit like that.

warriors and hunters... they barely fit with that, not much to gain there. and a monk, i feel like the void within would corrupt the life energy you're trying to balance within yourself.
    You could argue the void is more than just magic, it provides "strength and stamina", increases your overall power(much like any other element). Even some classes and specs that are "melee/physical" throw in some magic(Enchancement shamans utilize the elements, Sub rogues utilize the void/shadow magic, DH use fel magic, MM hunters use some void/shadow magic, etc).

If an Undead priest can balance the light, a Void Elf can balance Chi, especially since Chi and Void aren't opposites, like Light and Void. I'd even argue Chi is almost an inbetween of Light and Void, a harmony balancing the good and bad life forces.

Not to mention, Blood Elves are a race driven and touched by arcane magic(Sunwell). Yet they are able to be a wide range of classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Yeah. Like I said, we pretty much already got them. They just aren't really used like an Allied Race at the moment. Not seen outside the Hinterlands, and not available as thing you can play.
    Easy fix.

This is what Patch 8.1 could look like.

NEW WARFRONT: Battle for Jintha'alor
    NEW ALLIED RACES: Wildhammer Dwarves for Alliance, Forest Trolls for Horde

The Alliance continues their takeover of the Eastern Kingdoms as they march north to Quel'thalas! The have fortified Aerie Peak, and the Wildhammer Dwarves are ready to take up arms for the Alliance! The Horde, desperate to stop the advance of the Alliance, fortify the Revantusk Forest Trolls and dig in to take control of the abandoned Troll city of Jintha'alor!

Wildhammer Dwarves and Forest Trolls are too entrenched in the lore of each faction, dating back to Warcraft II for both races, for them not to be Allied Races. I expect them both to become playable at some point during BfA.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by axlkix View Post
    Alpha/beta discussion = pages and pages of huge texts about lore
    Pro-tip : Add Marlamin as friend and check his latest posts. All the juicy info is there, or in discussions right around that. The bird is legend.

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Easy fix.

The Alliance continues their takeover of the Eastern Kingdoms as they march north to Quel'thalas! The have fortified Aerie Peak, and the Wildhammer Dwarves are ready to take up arms for the Alliance! The Horde, desperate to stop the advance of the Alliance, fortify the Revantusk Forest Trolls and dig in to take control of the abandoned Troll city of Jintha'alor!

Wildhammer Dwarves and Forest Trolls are too entrenched in the lore of each faction, dating back to Warcraft II for both races, for them not to be Allied Races. I expect them both to become playable at some point during BfA.
    Specifically the Revantusk - the current Horde pretty much hates the other forest troll tribes. Savage cannibals, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Easy fix.

I'd like this quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Specifically the Revantusk - the current Horde pretty much hates the other forest troll tribes. Savage cannibals, etc.
    Theoretically, they could give them other tribes of Forest Trolls rallied around the unbroken Revantusk Tribe. After all, the Horde's getting the Zandalari despite beings enemies with them since Cataclysm. Otherwise, yes, I think the Revantusk have to be the central Forest Troll tribe for the Horde.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University