Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think the mage tower is a great initiative by Blizz. It is kinda a "Here you go!" to all the people who say the game is too easy, but don't do high mythic + (which is hard) or do mythic raiding. It is a solo event, you have just yourself to trust and you have to learn the encounter. Sure, some of the encounters are a bit easy, like the fire mage one that I did in 3 tries. But others, like the god queen is quite challenging and I have only completed it with my ret pally so far. That arcane artifact is a long time away for me, the encounter is hard and I can't play arcane... But it is fun. I like it and I hope they continue to make things like this. Something that is actually hard and makes you rethink the way you play your class. It is easy to do easy content and complain it is easy. This is a test. Are you as good as you like to think, or are you actually just a whiny scrub? Go try it out! It is fun and frustrating and I love it.

Last time the tower was up I basically wiped like 10 times against Xylem on my DK and gave up.

Yesterday I went in on my Havoc DH and beat him second try. I'm aiming for one per rotation until I get the main 14 I want. But since I did it so easily, I tried again on my DK, and beat him second try. Then I tried on my Arms Warrior, and beat him second try.

Yesterday was a really good day for it, but now I'm down to off-specs and fights I've never seen before, so I expect a lot more struggling for a while. But my toons are ilevel 934+ so hopefully I can outgear it, even without the right legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffer View Post
    When they first came out I doubted I'd ever get one of the skins. I didn't even want to try.

After Argus dropped and so much better gear became available I though... ehh I might as well give it a go. I've only completed 5 so far but I am now dedicated to complete all main spec ones on my characters. I gotta say it feels like such a great achievement when you finally succeed!
    Some were really easy though and the harder ones still scare me. I actually get insane anxiety every time I am about to attempt a challenge, even if I've completed it before.

I've yet to attempt the Tank challenge, which I want to complete on both my Paladin and my monk, and I've heard so many horror stories from that challenge that I get anxiety just thinking about it. just a few more ilvl and I'll try though.
    I have attempted the prot pala one a few times. I didn't get far so I looked up a video on youtube... And the part I wipe on all the time is as he says in the video "the easy part". It is a hard one for sure. I am not a main tank though, barely tanked a few mythics, so maybe that is the problem. People who main tanks may laugh at me and say "Bruh, it is so easy", but for a dps main, it is damn hard. And Velen! Why you die so fast? And why the damn infernal knock me into space all the time? xD

Deleted
    It's incredibly easy with current gear really, just read up what you have to do and you'll down it effortlessly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I did lately after few hours fire mage challenge and windwalker monk few attemps. Want get as many possible, but problem is.

With Xylem got issue every time when intermission happends, i kill his three clones on fury warrior and got slow, can't get to next. While on Frost DK got issue with his AoE block and can't move. But mainly when he third time use it.

On paladin however biggest issue i've got, is not actually Sigryn because i use on her repentance. The issue i've got is with her adds.
    Xylem should be arms warrior The only encounter I have not played yet, but in guides people recommend to save your leap charge for the intermission to get to the boss faster. So, if you have the legendary shoulders, you are fine - and if you don't have these, then you have to kill the 3rd stack of ice to have the leap ready for intermission.

Frost DK was a bit easier because if you combine your antimagic shield with ghost walk, you just can zoom to him in a direct line and ignore the 4 laser arms of the Focusing Iris. Getting out of ice was not much of a problem, frost has good aoe, and every time an ice splinter is destroyed, you get a free healing.

Retri Paladin was also quite easy for me with about 910 item level, probably because I used sephuz, which is rather active in this encounter. I had my highest attention priority on the valkyrie wall, 2nd priority was CC on Sigryn before she could pull off her empowered cast, and focus damage on runeseer when he got his shield up. Running on runes was not that much of a hassle, and as soon as you get past the 50% mark where all things come together (prio 1 - valkyries; prio 2 - Sigryn CC; prio 3 - use charger to run over runes), you have almost won the encounter, and just have to concentrate on valkyries and shield. If you just cannot make it to the gap in the valkyrie wall in time, you have your emergency bubble. :3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crudence View Post
    I have attempted the prot pala one a few times. I didn't get far so I looked up a video on youtube... And the part I wipe on all the time is as he says in the video "the easy part". It is a hard one for sure. I am not a main tank though, barely tanked a few mythics, so maybe that is the problem. People who main tanks may laugh at me and say "Bruh, it is so easy", but for a dps main, it is damn hard. And Velen! Why you die so fast? And why the damn infernal knock me into space all the time? xD
    Well I am a part-time tank on DK and paladin, and to some lesser extent on other classes with a tank spec, and I had quite a time with the stupid infernals on my DK. Sneaky bastards.

If you maximise your DPS on the inquisitor boss, then you automatically reduce the number of infernals which annoy you. So, to some extent, this is a DPS challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crudence View Post
    I think the mage tower is a great initiative by Blizz. It is kinda a "Here you go!" to all the people who say the game is too easy, but don't do high mythic + (which is hard) or do mythic raiding. It is a solo event, you have just yourself to trust and you have to learn the encounter. Sure, some of the encounters are a bit easy, like the fire mage one that I did in 3 tries. But others, like the god queen is quite challenging and I have only completed it with my ret pally so far. That arcane artifact is a long time away for me, the encounter is hard and I can't play arcane... But it is fun. I like it and I hope they continue to make things like this. Something that is actually hard and makes you rethink the way you play your class. It is easy to do easy content and complain it is easy. This is a test. Are you as good as you like to think, or are you actually just a whiny scrub? Go try it out! It is fun and frustrating and I love it.
    It's also much better than the proving grounds, because you have multiple types of DPS challenges, and you have story, and different locations and enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Blizzard, thankfully, allow you to outgear most of these challenges. So it is possible to get them all done without being some nolife Mythic raider.

Around 910 is optimal for doing them if you don’t want to fully kit out every character, LFR is your friend.

Some challenges are easier than others. Tank, Heal, Twins and Closing the Eye are either hard or extremely hard. Feltotem, An Impossible foe and God-Queen are the easier of the challenges. Feltotem in particular and Unholy’s version of an impossible foe.

Currently at 12/36.

If you want some tips look here https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...of-difficulty/
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-01-12 at 03:13 PM.

This is off-topic but can I just say what a genuinely refreshing experience it was to click on a thread on MMO-champion in which the OP and a good enough majority of the replies were positive, constructive and non-dismissive.
    It becomes such a depressing trudge going through thread after thread of non-constructive complaints (whining), flaming and people at each others throats just to find useful information or engaging conversation, that this was a breath of fresh air. Thank you OP!

OT: I want to get round to doing them on all my alts, but the tank one has really kicked my ass on my Paladin every time I got the courage to give it a go. However just setting aside an hour and putting time into it to learn how YOU need to do it (even if it is slightly different from the guides you watched in the end) I know it can be done. We are willing to wipe dozens of time on raid bosses to get it done, the Mage Tower is no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Blizzard, thankfully, allow you to outgear most of these challenges. So it is possible to get them all done without being some nolife Mythic raider.

Around 910 is optimal for doing them if you don’t want to fully kit out every character, LFR is your friend.

Some challenges are easier than others. Tank, Heal, Twins and Closing the Eye are either hard or extremely hard. Feltotem, An Impossible foe and God-Queen are the easier of the challenges. Feltotem in particular and Unholy’s version of an impossible foe.

Currently at 12/36.

If you want some tips look here https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...of-difficulty/
    Closing the eye hard? Why? I find it the easiest of all of them apart from maybe God Queen.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did the Veng. DH one, not really bothering with Havoc cause it's not my spec or playstyle, unfortunately. I had issues with Veng until I got around 920 Ilvl, because of particular mechanics I felt were stupid.

Now i'm having issues with Aff. Lock, because I get to the last phase and since the toon doesn't have any decent legendaries for the trial, I get shredded either by the Melee-Twin or the stupid hand, who I can't kill/interrupt fast enough.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Deleted
    All the hunter ones are really easy, can do it with quite low ilv especially if you use some survivability leggos (but don't use helm or it bugs them)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Closing the eye hard? Why? I find it the easiest of all of them apart from maybe God Queen.
    I found it the harder than any of the others on my DK. Demon Hunters have it easy but it’s by far the most frustrating challenge for everyone else. I doubt I’ll do it again unless I’m out of challenges to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    I did the Veng. DH one, not really bothering with Havoc cause it's not my spec or playstyle, unfortunately. I had issues with Veng until I got around 920 Ilvl, because of particular mechanics I felt were stupid.

Now i'm having issues with Aff. Lock, because I get to the last phase and since the toon doesn't have any decent legendaries for the trial, I get shredded either by the Melee-Twin or the stupid hand, who I can't kill/interrupt fast enough.
    Burning rush and the doomguard's cripple should be enough to outrun the melee twin. I didn't need even need a demonic portal or demonic circle. Just a matter of watching where you're going and letting him hit you with a defensive cd up once he gets too fast.

Did Unholy DK on my first try, pre-antorus. It's embarassingly face roll

I found it the harder than any of the others on my DK. Demon Hunters have it easy but it’s by far the most frustrating challenge for everyone else. I doubt I’ll do it again unless I’m out of challenges to do.
    Well I can't speak for dk, I guess they do lack a lot of movement. But I did it 3 times so far, survival, arms and subtlety, It was pretty darn easy for all of those. They could all 3 pretty much skip the mirror image phase. So all I had to do was spamn the ice down..and not be an idiot untill the second phase. Which is just a pure dps race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Well I can't speak for dk, I guess they do lack a lot of movement. But I did it 3 times so far, survival, arms and subtlety, It was pretty darn easy for all of those. They could all 3 pretty much skip the mirror image phase. So all I had to do was spamn the ice down..and not be an idiot untill the second phase. Which is just a pure dps race.
    How’d you skip the mirror phase?

Getting to Xylem ends the phase. Arms can Heroic Leap most of the way, I assume Subtlety can Shadowstep and Survival can do that new Harpoon thingy to close the gap.

I've done Havoc's, Ret's and now Fury's just this morning, but those are really the only skins I really wanted anyways.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Only did the feral druid one (which mattered the most to me). I only play 2 specs (feral druid and marksmanship hunter). The MM mage tower skins are too bland to be motivated to get them.

Check the minimap for the gold dot that's where he is, hunter can flare him out of his invis which breaks the phase, or turtle + cheeta to him, arms just could heroic leap to his spot every single time if you're confident and quick, skipping the phase entirely. Subt I just kept sprint+a shadowstep or cloak of shadows ready, tho I did have to creep manually towards him a few times as subtlety.