Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Sorry for going off topic here, but i never understood this terminology. You're not "dating" someone unless you are currently on a date with them at this very moment. "Dating" is not a state of human relationships. You're either just some friends, or you're in a relationship.
    Actually over here Dating usually means the inbetween Friendship and Relationship

I only text my date when my wife is not around...

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    40-50 text a day from someone you are romantic with is better than zero :P
    Good point. Or having no romantic partner, period.

Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    One conversation is about 10-20 messages, 2-3 conversations a day. Not too much is it?
    That's what I was thinking. Easily 50 something messages between me and my partner. I don't do walls of texts on chats, because I personally dislike walls of text, so 5-10 messages might just be me saying something that came to mind about something happening during the day. If it's regular text messages numbering 50, then yea, ew. I don't like regular text messages at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    It might be ... in the UK. OP isn't in the UK. He's dating in a different environment, and usually Asian women. That's a whole different game.
    And he's posting on a forum whose user base is primarily American and European. Context is on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Sorry for going off topic here, but i never understood this terminology. You're not "dating" someone unless you are currently on a date with them at this very moment. "Dating" is not a state of human relationships. You're either just some friends, or you're in a relationship.
    It hasn't been that way for years, if not decades. "Dating" is a stage between friendship and a relationship where you're still testing the waters, etc, to see if you want to take it further. And more often than not, there's no implicit exclusivity involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    40-50 text a day from someone you are romantic with is better than zero :P
    Unless they're crazy.

5+ Year Old Account
    it's normal to text and shit a lot in the very early days of dating. After a couple of weeks and they're still at it, well you should hide your rabbit.
    Well of course I'd like to sit around and chat.
    Well of course I'd like to stay and chew the fat.
    But someone's listening in.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no answer for this lol.

Hope people realize that everybody is a bit different. Clingy or needy to one person, might not be that to a different person. Some people want space and only want communication once and awhile (or when it's important). Other people want attention constantly or are generally interested in you all the time, regardless of whether or not it constitutes as small talk or not.

If you think somebody is excessively texting you, or trying to communicate with you I think that's a red flag on both ends. You could probably bring it up, and try to reconcile the behavior, but it's pretty likely you have different personalities.

Personally I think texting too much is a better alternative than somebody not texting you at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends, if you actually enjoy talking to them and share common interests, then talk as much as there are topics to talk about. If they are just sending constant status update requests then it's a definite red flag. Age can also play a factors since the younger you are the more "plugged in" you tend to be.

I try to limit my self to something sensible as 200-300 text/hour, I don't want to be pushing, but at the same time show her I am interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Owlmygod View Post
    lol We are generating about 1k+ messages in a 3 man group on fb about random stuff in worktime, 50 messages from a girl you like is not too much
    This.

I've had 50 messages back and forth with people I'm not dating. Over the course of 12hrs it's not even that many. Really it's called a conversation.

I guess it's different if you're not interested in talking and it's super obvious and she tried 50 separate times to start a conversation. Then there's two problems. You aren't interested and she's not getting the hint

I would prefer to only text them a few times a day, not even to be honest. But I suppose it depends on how close we are to each other.

I send 50-60 messages usually per day, often more. 40-50 is in normal range in my opinion.
    Last edited by Katie N; 2018-01-14 at 03:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Can go anywhere from 1-2 to 100 depending on what's going on.

What's red flag about that? Seems like a normal amount to me unless it's a very boring day with nothing even remotely interesting happening.
    That's a text every 30 minute, that's absolutely insane especially when she knows hes working

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on if we're busy or not and if we see each other on a regular basis. Back when I was dating, I used to see my GF in person a lot (small town) so there was no need to text unless it was early or late or we were making specific plans.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on my level of knowledge of this person. All my bfs so far had been friends first, if it had been just a date and I didn't already know the person, I'd probably just say hi, and maybe have a little humorous quip once a day, maybe once every other day to start. Interact more as we connect more. If it's our prime method of communication, way more.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Some days me and my wife text 500 times a day. Sometimes we text 5. Just depends.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Who has time to send 50 texts a day? My BF and I just do voice memo's on whatsapp. Covers all topics for the day in one go. Personally I HATE being hounded by texts. Especially if its about inane things like what did you have for breakfast lol.

Deleted
    OMG 30-40 msgs per day is too much! Where does she take so much free time?
    I'm in relations 3 years and now we have no need in chatting

When I have actual stuff to discuss or if I'm replying to their messages. I don't want to send or receive pointless messages, so if it seems like it's going to be an endless loop of howareyous and niceweathertodays then I'll just stop replying at some point to break the cycle for the day.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?