Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Yeah, I'm playing the victim when I want backwards shit gone from the country.
    Just because it's going out of style doesn't mean it's inherently wrong.

I mean people used to eat rabbit and horse meat in the USA. Just because most people have stopped doing it doesn't mean it's wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    We selectively bred dogs to be companion animals.

Literally molded them so that we would find them appealing to look at, appealing to be around, hell even desire to be around them (for companionship and safety), form bonds with, find kinship with, etc.

Modern dogs are not meant for consumption, we made them that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    What is wrong with eating human?
    Because it is cannabalism. Thats like comparing a tomato to the moon.

I'm kinda the 'eat what ever you want'-kind of dude, if people enjoy dog meat, by all means eat it. It is after all, just another animal. Would I eat it my self? Nah.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    We don't make meals out of members of the family.
    That's fine. However, why do you think its okay to dictate what other people should or should not be eating?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

Literally molded them so that we would find them appealing to look at, appealing to be around, hell even desire to be around them (for companionship and safety), form bonds with, find kinship with, etc.

But if someone started to breed them for consumption?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

Oh God, I can't stop laughing did you type this with a straight face? It is so sickeningly sanctimonious and American. I'm shocked you didn't mention the bible verse about God giving Man dominion over cattle...

Under the right conditions a dog will eat you. Like if you're a stranger and the dog is wild, etc.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    That's fine. However, why do you think its okay to dictate what other people should or should not be eating?
    Don't care what you do in your country. But it's illegal here in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    But if someone started to breed them for consumption?
    That doesn't change their modern biology.

What I was referring to was domestication, over tens of thousands of generations for tens of thousands of years. Modern dogs are not wild animals. They are just as inherently attached to us as we are to them. Breeding them for consumption doesn't change the tens of thousands of years of domestication that made them into what they are now, nor what is tantamount to the betrayal (for lack of a better word) of that domestication.

What's wrong with eating humans?

I'd kill and eat a person before a dog.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Don't care what you do in your country. But it's illegal here in the US.
    It's illegal in most places, for good reasons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey if you died and your dog was starving he would probably end up eating you to.
    I guess it depends on the owner. Theres been some stories about owners dying and the dog refusing to leave its owner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Nothing. It's all about culture.
    the culture is shit and deserves to be criticized.
    #boycottchina

It is wrong because they can't consent.

Just because it's going out of style doesn't mean it's inherently wrong.

I mean people used to eat rabbit
    Used too? Folks still do, that and Squirrel and turtle. But we live in a time where other meat is plentiful and easier to to acquire. Does it really make it immoral? I'm not jugding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Under the right conditions a dog will eat you. Like if you're a stranger and the dog is wild, etc.
    Actually given enough time even a dog you own and live with would eventually eat parts of your corpse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Yeah, I'm playing the victim when I want backwards shit gone from the country.
    No, you're being the victim when you you pretend it's not part of your culture because you don't approve of it.

OT: The treatment is pretty horrid, nothing wrong with the actual act of eating it though. Seems like a bit of a waste, predators don't make the best meals. If it being done because they actually need the meat and sustenance in the area than more power to them, but things done just for the sake tradition are stupid af.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they are humanely killed, I don't care.
    It's just another kind of meat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Oh God, I can't stop laughing did you type this with a straight face? It is so sickeningly sanctimonious and American. I'm shocked you didn't mention the bible verse about God giving Man dominion over cattle...
    I'd rather be sanctimonious than a sociopath that has no problem with the suffering of animals we essentially created to be trusting of and emotionally attached to ourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    It's illegal in most places, for good reasons.
    yeah. for one reason that its not healthy.

Second, and this is a big one, the difference between eating meat from cattle, poultry, is these farm animals haven't built up the close bond with us that dogs have. Dogs have shaped and evolved the way they have because of their close bond to human beings, so they have one of the closet bonds to us any other animal can have.
    Eating a dog goes against that, unless its in a dia situation like starvation in the wild.
    #boycottchina