Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    Actually given enough time even a dog you own and live with would eventually eat parts of your corpse.
    And people still eat people in some part of the world like south africa, and they know better.

I'm pretty sure the reasons given for eating dog are the same for eating humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    No, you're being the victim when you you pretend it's not part of your culture because you don't approve of it.
    Do you know what playing the victim means? Because I am not playing the victim when I think people are being backward shitheads for eating dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Don't care what you do in your country. But it's illegal here in the US.
    Correction: It is illegal to sell dog meat in the United states. Personal consumption is not illegal in most States. You also haven't answered my question. Are you a hypocrite? Can you at least admit that much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I'd rather be sanctimonious than a sociopath that has no problem with the suffering of animals we essentially created to be trusting of and emotionally attached to ourselves.
    thank you, this right here ^

And Shinra1, your one of these social justice lunatics who thinks its okay to support whatever another culture does because thats progress in your head, to the point that you have no moral compass for anything outside of multiculturalism. This is why you don't see your brand of social justice warrior actually remarking on the poor treatment of women in the middle east, or the gays being flogged in chechnya, because doing so would mean going against your code of not insulting someone elses culture, just twist it back on blaming it on the west in some manner.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    And people still eat people in some part of the world like south africa, and they know better.
    Omg you didn't just say that... That news story from back in August about an ALLEGED cannibal ring in South Africa has been debunked as fake news and propaganda. Redact your racist post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get this is a troll thread but it's because we've lived along side of them for thousands of years, as companions and friends. We bred them and basically created them. They are really 'mans best friend'. That is why. You wouldn't eat a human right? That is wrong and weird? A dog isn't a human but it's our best animal friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Correction: It is illegal to sell dog meat in the United states. Personal consumption is not illegal in most States. You also haven't answered my question. Are you a hypocrite? Can you at least admit that much?
    I am very a hypocrite...if saying people shouldn't eat family members...since I too never would indulge in some weird shit like that.

Omg you didn't just say that... That news story from back in August about an ALLEGED cannibal ring in South Africa has been debunked as fake news and propaganda. Redact your racist post.
    I would like to see you make me. Does not change the fact that people eat people still, cannabalism is nothing new.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.24bf1b708aa7 hmm does not look like fake news to me there, must be more then one case there buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet your also fine with asians skinning animals alive, culture and all shinra1.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2018-01-12 at 07:53 PM.

I just genuinely think that carnivores/predatory animals shouldn’t be eaten. One creature may be predator to one thing and prey to another, but the creature in question may not be a true predator. IE: A wolf may eat a fox, but a fox is still a truly predatory animal. A chicken may eat insects and rodents, but a chicken is going to find itself on thr menu the majority of the time. There are some exceptions to the rule, such as fish, but I feel this is a good way to view what animals should and should not be eaten. Dogs are carnivores, therefore they are a poor choice of meal.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolly View Post
    I just genuinely think that carnivores/predatory animals shouldn’t be eaten. One creature may be predator to one thing and prey to another, but the creature in question may not be a true predator. IE: A wolf may eat a fox, but a fox is still a truly predatory animal. A chicken may eat insects and rodents, but a chicken is going to find itself on thr menu the majority of the time. There are some exceptions to the rule, such as fish, but I feel this is a good way to view what animals should and should not be eaten. Dogs are carnivores, therefore they are a poor choice of meal.
    That didn't make any sense to me? We shouldn't eat other carnivores?

One word, seafood.

And yes fish count, even if they aren't cute...
    Last edited by Hilhen7; 2018-01-12 at 07:57 PM.

They're way too much work for the stringy meat you end up with.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cause ten thousand years ago......That's a long ass time ago. We humans befriended the wolves. And over time....they turned to dogs. We made them our friends. Now they're in most houses across the planet. We brought them up to be our friend and you're wondering why it's wrong? It's like we go to discover some lost island somewhere and we find some tribe that's eating humans. What would you say then? "Oh what's so wrong with that??"

What you just said is akin to me saying that because you've got a Leonardo DiCaprio picture from the early 2000s as your avatar there is no point in having a discussion with you. Now I don't dislike him but he is crappy dad and a lousy husband and what he did to Aniston was unforgettable....

However, I am not that narrow minded and I actually know how to engage in a debate unlike yourself. You first need to tell me what distinguishes dogs from cows, pigs and indeed chickens and only then can you construct your soap box and then stand on top of it and chastise Koreans for enjoying meat that is actually tasty because it offends your Western sensibilities.
    Now I know you're trying to troll me. Very subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Now I know you're trying to troll me. Very subtle.
    Haha yeah that made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    Cause ten thousand years ago......That's a long ass time ago. We humans befriended the wolves. And over time....they turned to dogs. We made them our friends. Now they're in most houses across the planet. We brought them up to be our friend and you're wondering why it's wrong? It's like we go to discover some lost island somewhere and we find some tribe that's eating humans. What would you say then? "Oh what's so wrong with that??"
    Yeah some friend. We lock them in cages, force them to inbreed and sell them as property...

Not to mention the dogs that where created to be our friends are put down because no one wanted to take care of them.

Yes let's criticize how others treat animals in their country.
    Last edited by Hilhen7; 2018-01-12 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find myself turning more and more into wanting to cut out red meat and pork because these animals are intelligent. Eating a Dog just seems to be on a entire different level. I would never respect anyone (or a culture) that eats dog unless it was for survival.

Deleted
    People believe Shinra actually cares about it?

It's not the animal, it's the conditions they live in and how they are slaughtered that bother me. This would apply to dogs, chickens, cows, etc.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    People believe Shinra actually cares about it?
    Nope think he/she think it's ok to skinn the animals alive to, culture and all, remember we cant criticize other cultures.